Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest or The Brawl

Options
  • 01-09-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

hay guys been a while, been sorting out moving and what not and trying to get the whole lack of fighting tournaments in cork out of my head, so i cam up with a idea to jump start the tournaments again in the city.

we could keep Tempest alive and keep it going but it could just be me but but a new name and the start of a cork ranking system should start up some interests in street fighter again.

so i give you the fighters a choice to decide on the name and i will get the new tournament up and running at the end of september either 21st or the 28th

choose:

Tempest

OR

The Brawl

New tournament name 9 votes

keep tempest
    0% 0 votes
    The Brawl
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I really don't think using a name that's actually the name of a fighting game in another franchise is a particularly good idea man :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Aye, agree with doom, you don't want yourself associated with this

brawl.jpg

Also don't get caught in the trap of thinking that the name will actually have any impact on anything.

Events planned well enough in advance that people can plan around them, and people willing to show up is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Agree with what Doom said. Doesn't matter what date since it's still on a saturday. Can't wait to just have some games offline haven't in months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

I really don't think using a name that's actually the name of a fighting game in another franchise is a particularly good idea man :/

thats a good point. may of jumped the gun here but need a topic to get the cork scene running again.

to be fair it is scary to run tempest agai when the last two time i did there was a no show and money from the funds had to be used to cover the costs. mardyke is stil the venue but as i am moving into the city i may somtimes hold a house tournament to save on funds and for bigger cash outs for the plaers

• Advertisement

Shokashi wrote: »
    thats a good point. may of jumped the gun here but need a topic to get the cork scene running again.

I can change the thread title if you like or something.

What about Cork v Galway? They have a thriving scene, and it'd probably be easier to organise that than Dublin v either of you.

I can change the thread title if you like or something.

What about Cork v Galway? They have a thriving scene, and it'd probably be easier to organise that than Dublin v either of you.

that could work, could you kill the poll and name and change it to that please. or delete this topic alltogether and i do a cork verses thread

I closed the thread, if you want it reopened for some reason it can be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement