Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issues. Help please!!

Options
  • 01-09-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

At the end of July I canceled my eircom contract early. I received a bill for €497.01. Naturally, I queried this bill. My query went through eircom a complaints department and although not to my satisfaction, this issue was resolved. While this issue was being investigated I canceled my direct debit as I didn't want any funds being taken from my account until all issues were fully resolved.

The first time I rang eircom to query my cancellation charge, the agent I spoke to told me that I would receive a closing bill in the post which would have deductions on it for line rental which had been paid in advance. Once my cancellation issue was resolved, I decided that I would wait until I received this closing bill and then go to the post office to pay it. I still have not received my closing bill.

Last Monday, I received another letter from eircom stating that they had tried to take the €497.01 from my account but that the bank had returned it. They are now charging me another €18.45 to 'cover costs'.

I rang eircom customer service and the agent in billing said she couldn't help me and she transferred my call to cancellations. The agent in cancellations said he couldn't help me as they only deal with active accounts and my account had already been closed. He told me to ring the billing department again. I did this and the agent informed me that their system had been down for 40 minutes and that she could not access my details. I found this strange as my details had been accessed by a billing agent 15 minutes previously.

I am really at a loss as to what to do. No one at eircom has been able to answer my questions and I'm concerned that I going to start getting legal notices in my letter box....can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

HungryFish wrote: »
    At the end of July I canceled my eircom contract early. I received a bill for €497.01. Naturally, I queried this bill. My query went through eircom a complaints department and although not to my satisfaction, this issue was resolved. While this issue was being investigated I canceled my direct debit as I didn't want any funds being taken from my account until all issues were fully resolved.

The first time I rang eircom to query my cancellation charge, the agent I spoke to told me that I would receive a closing bill in the post which would have deductions on it for line rental which had been paid in advance. Once my cancellation issue was resolved, I decided that I would wait until I received this closing bill and then go to the post office to pay it. I still have not received my closing bill.

Last Monday, I received another letter from eircom stating that they had tried to take the €497.01 from my account but that the bank had returned it. They are now charging me another €18.45 to 'cover costs'.

I rang eircom customer service and the agent in billing said she couldn't help me and she transferred my call to cancellations. The agent in cancellations said he couldn't help me as they only deal with active accounts and my account had already been closed. He told me to ring the billing department again. I did this and the agent informed me that their system had been down for 40 minutes and that she could not access my details. I found this strange as my details had been accessed by a billing agent 15 minutes previously.

I am really at a loss as to what to do. No one at eircom has been able to answer my questions and I'm concerned that I going to start getting legal notices in my letter box....can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi HungryFish,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

My reply from Tracy in Eircom:

Hi,

Hi,

I have looked into this for you and I can see that you signed up for a bundle in May and ceased in July to move to another provider. This is why the early cease charges incurred.

There is a complaint logged under ref - *******. If you contact the complaints team on 1800 200 481 or ccm@eircom.ie they'll be able to give an update on this.
    I'm afraid I have no access through this channel here.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

My reply from Tracy in Eircom:

Hi,

Hi,

I have looked into this for you and I can see that you signed up for a bundle in May and ceased in July to move to another provider. This is why the early cease charges incurred.

There is a complaint logged under ref - *******. If you contact the complaints team on 1800 200 481 or ccm@eircom.ie they'll be able to give an update on this.
    I'm afraid I have no access through this channel here.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi HungryFish

If an issue / case has been escalated as an official complaint we have to allow the complaints team to investigate and make a final decision on the issue.

So once Tracey saw the complaint was in place she had to advise the above.

Mark

Hi HungryFish

If an issue / case has been escalated as an official complaint we have to allow the complaints team to investigate and make a final decision on the issue.

Mark

Hi Mark,
    As I said, the complaint has been resolved and closed. I am looking for advice on the other issues mentioned not the issue that has already been resolved. Please read original post as this very clearly explains my concerns.

Hi HungryFish

Mark

Hi Mark,
    As I said, the complaint has been resolved and closed. I am looking for advice on the other issues mentioned not the issue that has already been resolved. Please read original post as this very clearly explains my concerns.
    Hi HungryFish

Apologies,  if you want TO PM me with the issue in question and account number I will get back to you tomorrow.

Mark

• Advertisement

Want to say thanks to Mark who has finally sorted out my billing issues. Much appreciated. Pity there aren't more people like him at Eircom.

Want to say thanks to Mark who has finally sorted out my billing issues. Much appreciated. Pity there aren't more people like him at Eircom.
    Hi HungryFish

Thank you for the post.  I appreciate it.

Mark

Advertisement