Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic liners for wooden planters

• 01-09-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

I intend to make a few wooden planters and am looking for plastic/waterproof liners for the insides. I have seen them on ebay USA just wondering if anybody has found them closer to home or has made liners of there own.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Any heavy gauge plastic will do fine. Something like damp proof membrane would be ideal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I intend to make a few wooden planters and am looking for plastic/waterproof liners for the insides. I have seen them on ebay USA just wondering if anybody has found them closer to home or has made liners of there own.
    Thanks in advance.

DPC......Damp Proof Course

Get a roll of it in any builders providers and staple/tack it to the insides and base of the planter.

http://www.goodwins.ie/c-265-dpc-damp-proof-course.aspx

Dont forget to drill your few drain holes in the base of the planter to allow for drainage.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP
    an even better solution would be to line the planters with heavy guage grade of damp proof membrane 'DPM' (available in large rolls) 'Visqueen'.

Advertisement