Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63D query

Options
  • 02-09-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I have an Astec 63D alarm which was set up to ring my mobile no if the alarm was activated.
    The alarm was activated, and it kept ringing my mobile until it ran through it's sequence of calls.
    Every time the alarm was set and unset afterwards, it kept trying to ring my mobile, so I have had delete my no from the dialler setup to get it to stop.
    It seems to be continuing to try and make contact with someone to notify about the alarm activation.
    How can I stop this, as I am looking to go back to a proper monitoring service?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you get the alarm call are you pressing the star key twice to acknowledge the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Yes, but it made no difference. The control panel showed a code for failing to connect

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And is your phone set up to send DTMF tones?
    You should hear confirmation beeps after you press the star key twice.

I don't know if my phone is set up to send DTMF tones? What are they?

I heard no beeps, just a series of clicks

The DTMF tones are the tones that are sent to correspond to keys pressed during a call.
    This setting would be in call settings on your phone.

• Advertisement

Ok. My phone doesn't seem to be set up to send DTMF tones, but I can programme the alarm to ring a different phone that is.
    Should that stop the alarm from calling if it gets the tone from the star key?

Try it and see. We have to confirm or eliminate that is the problem.

Advertisement