Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I change the name on the bill

Options
  • 02-09-2013 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi 
    My housemate needs a utility bill in order to open a bank account in this country (just moved here from England)
    Was just wondering if it's possible to change the bill to her name (albiet temporarily), online preferrably

Regards

HB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi hamsterboy,

If she only needs the account in her name temporarily, the most straight-forward thing to do would be to have her name added to an existing account, rather than to have a new one created.

As both parties involved need to agree to this, the easiest way to go about this would be to contact us when both you and your housemate are present (assuming you are the account holder).
    hamsterboy wrote:
    online preferrably

If you are a registered ebilling customer, you can send a request to have another person added to your account once they contact us themsevles to confirm. You can also email us this request, or we can look after it here via boards.ie private message.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Thanks for the reply
    What details should I put into the request...
    Name, Phone Number etc?

Hi hamsterboy,
    hamsterboy wrote:
    Name, Phone Number etc?

Her name would be sufficient, as we would complete the process once she gets in touch and we would confirm her own contact number at that point. But of course there is no harm in including her phone number for confirmatory purposes.

If there's anything else we can help with don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi hamsterboy,
    Originally posted by hamsterboy
    Name, Phone Number etc?

Her name would be sufficient, as we would complete the process once she gets in touch and we would confirm her own contact number at that point. But of course there is no harm in including her phone number for confirmatory purposes.

If there's anything else we can help with don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    Great Stuff.
    One last question.
    What number should she contact you on for this?

Cheers

HB

hamsterboy wrote:
    Great Stuff.
    One last question.
    What number should she contact you on for this?

You're welcome hamsterboy; the number to call is 1850 372 372. Sorry, I should have hyperlinked to our contact details in my response above - here they are in full (at the bottom of the page).

Thanks,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement