Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business banking online - is it being replaced

Options
  • 02-09-2013 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Another run in with the rubbish system this morning.

Tried to add a 3rd party Irish beneficiary.

Entered sort code etc. and in the drop down menu for country code it said "[NONE]" which is obvious because its not a cross border beneficiary so it must be Ireland.

When I went to authorise it said select country code. Why ask a stupid question when they know its not cross border.

So when I tried to enter the country code it wouldn't let me choose anything apart from [NONE] because that half of it simpeton brain has figured out that it must be Ireland.

Luckily I was able to enter it as a one off sundry payment, not ideal but if that hadn't worked I would have wasted half the day trekking to a branch to manually do it and probably get charged for same.

Are there any plans to replace this system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

relaxed wrote: »

Entered sort code etc. and in the drop down menu for country code it said "[NONE]" which is obvious because its not a cross border beneficiary so it must be Ireland.

When I went to authorise it said select country code. Why ask a stupid question when they know its not cross border.

So when I tried to enter the country code it wouldn't let me choose anything apart from [NONE] because that half of it simpeton brain has figured out that it must be Ireland.

Luckily I was able to enter it as a one off sundry payment, not ideal but if that hadn't worked I would have wasted half the day trekking to a branch to manually do it and probably get charged for same.

Probably outsourced the development to India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

professore wrote: »
    relaxed wrote: »

Probably outsourced the development to India.
    I think you are mistaken:D , they may have outsourced something, but it doesn't look like development ever takes place.

I keep getting like answers like "oh, there is a bug" or "oh, there is a glitch"

So if there is a glitch or bug, and they know about it, why not fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Relaxed

We are checking your issue with Business online, we are waiting for an update and will get back to you as soon as we hear back from them. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Paula H 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Relaxed 

We have double checked with Business Online and they advise us that there are no 'Glitch's' with the system at present. 

The Country code drop down box should have 'NONE' or the jurisdiction that you are in. 

Going forward, they also advise us that after the introduction of SEPA has been completed, they hope to look at improvements to the Business online website.

They advise that the screen you are referring to will be changed as part of SEPA and the country code will have more options and be more specific.

These screens will be changed later this year early next year to accommodate the need for IBAN and BIC's for all domestic payments and the country code will be anywhere within the EEA. 

If you wish to contact Business online for any assistance, feel free to contact them on 1890 818 265.

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Advertisement