Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN can't access boards.ie

Options
  • 02-09-2013 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've started using a VPN for something, and for various reasons, it's connecting to an NL server. But for some reason, I can't access boards.ie at all, and youtube.com (NL) tends to do something weird with the videos (it blurs them slightly or something?). There's probably other issues, but they're the 2 I've noticed straight off.

The VPN people suggest using a different server, which would probably resolve my boards problem, but would stop me needing a VPN in the first place.

So is it possible to say have Firefox use the normal internet connection (wired) and Chrome use the VPN - it's set up as a dial up connection in my network and sharing control panel (Win 7). Or set up some way of jumping between the 2 on command without needing to restart Windows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Usually once you have a VPN connected all traffic is routed through the VPN connection and its not possible to have non-VPN traffic.

You shouldn't have to restart Windows all the time, it should just be possible disconnect the VPN and revert back to the normal connection again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks pizzahead. What about setting up one VPN pointing at the NL server, and one at the UK server and switching between them as needed? I'm guessing I would need to disconnect one and then dial up the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes that would work and as you say only one or the other can be running at a time

Advertisement