Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help Needed; Please!

Options
  • 02-09-2013 10:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

i just got finished checking a script on saturday. basically, the corrector added the marks incorrectly. does anyone know if you have to do something different than just, paying the 40e and sending it back down to Athlone.

sorry if i didn't phrase that right. i know if you are getting a exam checked you have to send off 40 euro and that, but if its just a adding mistake at the end is the process the same. i don't want to get my whole paper looked over, just the mistake corrected.

thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm going to copy this to the Leaving Cert forum, you might have a better chance at a response there. At a guess, though, I'd say you have to go through the motions, though iirc you get the money back if the grade changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

To the best of my knowledge, they take a fresh look at the paper and its rechecked as normal. So even if its added up wrong, they'll check the entire paper. So if a question was marked wrong for example, you could just end up where you are now. Thats unlikely however. There is an 'emergency' form for such events. All its does is fast track your paper. If you have paid the fee however and sent back the usual form, its the exact same process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I remember there being a fast way for addition errors.

Advertisement