If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for ONKYOCR555DAB and Tibo EDGE MINI speakers

Options
  • 02-09-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I'm currently on the lookout for some hifi equipment and was very interested in the 
    ONKYOCR555DAB (link) and a set of Tibo EDGE MINI speakers (link). Do they come with speaker cables?

Would you be able to give me a price on all of the above?
    Would it be ok to hook up a turntable to the ONKYOCR555DAB, if the turntable has a phono stage built in?

Thanks,
    Bill

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

billius wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I'm currently on the lookout for some hifi equipment and was very interested in the 
    ONKYOCR555DAB (link) and a set of Tibo EDGE MINI speakers (link). Do they come with speaker cables?

Would you be able to give me a price on all of the above?
    Would it be ok to hook up a turntable to the ONKYOCR555DAB, if the turntable has a phono stage built in?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I could offer the Onkyo and Tibo speakers for just £169.90.  The speakers are currently a in-store only purchase so would need to be collected here in Belfast.

If you don't mind spending a little bit more you could pair the Onkyo up with the Wharfdale 9.0s.  A much better speaker for not that much of a difference cash wise.  The Wharfdales can also be delivered so no road trip to Belfast.  I can do the Onkyo with the Wharfdales for £189.90.  Delivery would be just £12.99 for next working day delivery.

Neither set of speakers have speaker cable included so this would be a separate purchase.  We have cable starting from 99p per meter that would do the job.

If the turntable has a phono stage built in then it'll play no problem through the aux input on the Onkyo.

Check the link below for more info on the Wharfdale speakers:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/wharfedale/diamond-9.0/whar-9.0-blk

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Thanks for getting back to me Chris. 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to Belfast any time soon, and I think the Wharfdales might push my budget out too much. Was looking to spend €200 or less on the whole system. Let me have a think about it and get back to you.

Thanks for all your help,

Bill

Hi Chris,
    I've sent you a PM on this purchase.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hi Chris,
    I've sent you a PM on this purchase.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Hi Bill.

PM sent back :)

Another sent, 
    Thanks
    Bill

• Advertisement

Another sent, 
    Thanks
    Bill
    And back ;)

Just a quick reply to say thanks a million for sorting me out guys!

much appreciated! Great advice and service (as per usual).
    I'd be lost without your help.

Can't wait to set everything up! :D

regards,
    Bill

regards,
    Bill
    Hey Bill.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Once your up and running should you have any further questions just drop us a post!

regards,
    Bill
    Hey Bill.

Once your up and running should you have any further questions just drop us a post!
    Hi Guys,
    The hifi and speakers arrived today, but I didn't get any speaker cable.
    Maybe the courier forgot to drop it off, but the packages are marked 1/2 and 2/2 for each of them.
    Would you be able to send some cable today?
    Thanks,
    Bill

regards,
    Bill
    Hey Bill.

Hi Guys,
    The hifi and speakers arrived today, but I didn't get any speaker cable.
    Maybe the courier forgot to drop it off, but the packages are marked 1/2 and 2/2 for each of them.
    Would you be able to send some cable today?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

The cable was posted via Royal Mail on Friday morning.  Was hoping it would arrive with you today so you'd be all set to go.

If nothing has arrived by tomorrow give me a shout and I'll have a look into it.

Sorry for the hassle.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Chris - will let u know once it arrives.
    Hi Bill,

The cable was posted via Royal Mail on Friday morning.  Was hoping it would arrive with you today so you'd be all set to go.

If nothing has arrived by tomorrow give me a shout and I'll have a look into it.

Sorry for the hassle.

Chris

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the hassle.

Chris
    Hi again,

Did the cable arrive ok?

Chris

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the hassle.

Chris
    Hi again,

Did the cable arrive ok?

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Nothing in the post today. I'm sure it'll show up tomorrow. Thanks for checking.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the hassle.

Chris
    Hi again,

Did the cable arrive ok?

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Nothing in the post today. I'm sure it'll show up tomorrow. Thanks for checking.

Bill
    PM sent :)

Hi again,

Did the cable arrive ok?

Chris

Hi Chris,
    Cables arrived yesterday and have just set everything up. Seriously impressed with the sound from the system! Thanks a million for all your help.

Regards,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the hassle.

Chris
    Hi again,

Did the cable arrive ok?

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Bill
    PM sent :)
    Thanks Bill!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.