Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC - Graphics Issue

Options
  • 02-09-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Built a new PC on the weekend. It seemed everything went together fine, until I tried to watch a video on youtube.

The playback is stuttery and there are horizontal lines that appear around the center of the screen when the image is changing quickly, particularly when panning or going from a dark scene to bright scene.

This is not just an issue with youtube, but with vimeo, dailymotion, iTunes etc. Movies only seem to playback fine in wmp. It's also not a resolution issue as movies of any quality have issues.

Graphics card is a Gainward Geforce GTX 760 2GB. Processor is an i7 4770. Motherboard is an ASUS H87 Plus and I'm running Win7.

I have all the latest drivers installed and cant see anything wrong with the nvidia settings.

Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong with this setup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Right click inside a Flash video > Settings... > clear the box Enable hardware acceleration.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

Torqay wrote: »
    Right click inside a Flash video > Settings... > clear the box Enable hardware acceleration.

Tried this with no luck. It seems that videos playing in flash, html 5 and quicktime players intermittently have issues.

if I download one of the troublesome videos and play it in wmp, it plays fine.

I also tried a couple of games to stress the graphics card and they seem to run fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

what browser are you using?

if google make sure it is upto date.

if firefox/ie download the latest flash player for it

for quicktime issues update your quicktime version

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

what browser are you using?

if google make sure it is upto date.

if firefox/ie download the latest flash player for it

for quicktime issues update your quicktime version

As it's a new machine and I've only just installed Chrome and iTunes everything is up to date. this is why its such a head scratcher! :confused:

I also have the same issue in IE.

Advertisement