Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallery is gone.. how to post images

Options
  • 02-09-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭

I used to have a gallery within my CP in Boards, where I could upload pics, in order to post them in threads.

The gallery seems to have dissappeared in my profile. can someone please help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?u=32252

If your albums aren't deleted, they should show under that link for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Spear wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?u=32252

If your albums aren't deleted, they should show under that link for you.

thanks spear

I get this message when I click the link

stevieob, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hello there Stevieob,

The albums have been disabled and it is not possible as far as I can see to have regular users still view their own albums as a side-effect. Only users with album moderator permissions can see that link such as admins.

Your album's contents have not been deleted yet. If you want to retrieve all your album's images again, can you please drop an email via http://www.boards.ie/contact asking for your album's images and we will zip up your entire album and email it back to you.

Any other questions, give me a shout.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hello there Stevieob,

The albums have been disabled and it is not possible as far as I can see to have regular users still view their own albums as a side-effect. Only users with album moderator permissions can see that link such as admins.

Your album's contents have not been deleted yet. If you want to retrieve all your album's images again, can you please drop an email via http://www.boards.ie/contact asking for your album's images and we will zip up your entire album and email it back to you.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

thanks Alvis

I dont need my pics back but would like to post pics in the forums. how is everyone else doing it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hello there Stevieob,

Thanks,
    Alvis.

News to me. Was that done at the same time as the social groups?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

stevieob wrote: »
    thanks Alvis

I dont need my pics back but would like to post pics in the forums. how is everyone else doing it?

Cool, there are two ways that I would use to add pictures to your posts.
    One is using a service like imgur. You upload your image to imgur, it will then give you the BBCode tag which you copy and paste into your post. That tag will then display as the image after you post. Secondly, you can use the attachments feature to attach pictures to your post. Click "manage attachments" when making a post and add your images through that.  If you need more help, let me know.
    Spear wrote: »
    News to me. Was that done at the same time as the social groups?

Indeed, that's correct.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement