Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 €518 Delivered amazon.de

Options
  • 02-09-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just comparing Samsung Galaxy S4's from different sites.

I found this one on amazon.de - http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-AMOLED-Touchscreen-Megapixel-black-mist/dp/B00BTCE2M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378118100&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s4

It is sold by amazon direct so is a bit more re-assuring than some third party sellers who may sell you a device that will be IMEI blacklisted in a couple of months.

€518 delivered compared to €614 from amazon.co.uk.

I've deliberately discounted third party sellers as there is no way of knowing where they got their devices. People often sell on "upgraded" devices to re-sellers on e-bay and amazon and then a few months down the line the original owner stops paying a bill or reports it stolen for insurance and you end up with a blacklisted IMEI, which results in the phone being an expensive paper weight. It has happened me before, so I'm not risking it any more. You may get lucky and it might not happen or it might happen sooner rather than later, but if it happens 6 moths to a year down the line you'll find it difficult to get it resolved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

HTC One from Amazon Warehouse for 437 ?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00BFUS8C6/?tag=

Edit:
    Gone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

If you have an o2 account you can get it for
    579 minus 20% priority discount = €463.20

not suitable for all, but it will be for some

just ordered it and it came in at € 455.99

also went through online sales chat and as the price is advetsied by 30 lower then you can actually buy it, he credited 30 to the mobile account

so 425.99 it ended up as

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Are those devices locked to O2 though when you buy them?

techdiver wrote: »
    Are those devices locked to O2 though when you buy them?

Locked I would say but will confirm when I get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

if you're not ao2 customer and you buy the S4 from o2 and use the 6 month €55 plan, it costs €296

if i went PAYG i'd probably spend at least €20 a month for unlimited calls, text +2GB.

sums look a bit like this :

cost of handset = (€55 - €20 = €35) x 6 + €296 = €506

(similarly HTC one =€470)

Cost today€489.00
    Monthly charge€35.00

that's what I get on a 6 month contract online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

To save 30e compared to buying from o2 I certainly wouldn't bother
    Etnies wrote: »

Etnies wrote: »

I've read bad reports about that site.

Despite the fact that they have Irish and English phone numbers, they are based in Hong Kong. Which essentially means you are importing from outside the EU, so you "could" get stung for customs duty.

I've also read some bad experiences that customers have had.

Check this out - http://www.trustpilot.ie/review/www.simplyelectronics.net

There are many people complaining about S4 deliveries not arriving.

This is why I went with amazon direct. Even though it is slightly more expensive than simplyelectronics, it is more secure and is still €150 cheaper than retailers such as carphone warehouse, etc.

• Advertisement

I've read bad reports about that site.

Despite the fact that they have Irish and English phone numbers, they are based in Hong Kong. Which essentially means you are importing from outside the EU, so you "could" get stung for customs duty.

I've also read some bad experiences that customers have had.

Check this out - http://www.trustpilot.ie/review/www.simplyelectronics.net

There are many people complaining about S4 deliveries not arriving.

This is why I went with amazon direct. Even though it is slightly more expensive than simplyelectronics, it is more secure and is still €150 cheaper than retailers such as carphone warehouse, etc.

No its not
    how is €518 €150 cheaper than €506 ?

Plus if anything goes wrong you're dealing with a company in ireland, not in germany.

donegal. wrote: »
    No its not
    how is €518 €150 cheaper than €506 ?

Plus if anything goes wrong you're dealing with a company in ireland, not in germany.

A SIM free Galaxy S4 costs €659 in carphone warehouse (So €141 cheaper to be exact)! Where did you get €506 from?

EDIT: I see you are talking about an O2 handset. That will be locked to the O2 network. I'm buying SIM free with no network lock, which means I am free to go with 30 day SIM only plans from any network and change every month as better deals become available.

A SIM free Galaxy S4 costs €659 in carphone warehouse (So €141 cheaper to be exact)! Where did you get €506 from?

EDIT: I see you are talking about an O2 handset. That will be locked to the O2 network. I'm buying SIM free with no network lock, which means I am free to go with 30 day SIM only plans from any network and change every month as better deals become available.

my way i am stuck with o2 for 6 mts but they will unlock the phone from day one.
    also o2 bloatware.

my way i am stuck with o2 for 6 mts but they will unlock the phone from day one.
    also o2 bloatware.

Each to their own I suppose. I'm free from day one... Free I tells ye! :D

You could root your phone and install a clean ROM if you were so inclined also. Would get rid of the bloatware.

Each to their own I suppose. I'm free from day one... Free I tells ye! :D

You could root your phone and install a clean ROM if you were so inclined also. Would get rid of the bloatware.

i reckon i'll get the htc one from o2.
    i'd have to buy credit for someone , might as well be them for a while. And when i get my shinny new toy i'd be scared i'd brick it if i tried to root it, (it'd be rooted in the Australian meaning of the word)

i reckon i'll get the htc one from o2.
    i'd have to buy credit for someone , might as well be them for a while. And when i get my shinny new toy i'd be scared i'd brick it if i tried to root it, (it'd be rooted in the Australian meaning of the word)

I know what you mean. The first time I rooted mine and installed a custom rom I was scared ****less I would brick it... and I work in software!

I did manage to soft brick my phone a few times, but there are always ways to recover it. Takes a bit of reading and practice.

I wouldn't advise some one to do it though unless they knew what they were doing.

Advertisement