Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 Vs HTC One Vs Acer Liquid E2

• 02-09-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking I'm in the market for a new phone. I currently have a Galaxy S2 which is 2 years old. I notice there are Bargain Alerts at the moment for Nexus 4, HTC One and Acer Liquid E2. My previous phone was the Acer Liquid A1 which these days is a bit of a dinosaur.

I'm guessing the Acer wouldn't compete with the other two on specs, but I occasionally need to use a different SIM card when I am overseas for work or leisure.

I am currently on a SIM only plan with Three for €20 per month which includes Three Like Home, which I do get some use out of. I would need to switch to O2 if I buy the HTC One on the current offer and I would lose the UK roaming benefits.

On paper the specs for the Nexus 4 and the HTC One are quite similar, but I guess that's never the full story.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

I had the HTC One and now have the Nexus and I think I prefer the HTC. It was slimmer and the colours and contrast on the screen were better. I thought the battery was better as well but the nexus battery has improved a lot the more times its charged so I would say they are probably on a par. The Nexus is a little smoother to use and gets updates quicker but im not sure how important immediate updates actually are if your phone is working fine!!

Both are great but if pushed I would probably go back to the HTC. As for the Samsung range, they look and feel cheap so I would avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I should mention that it would cost me 200 extra for HTC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Get the Nexus then. You'll be happy with anyone of them anyway as they are all good phone who essentially all do the same thing.

CinSoots wrote: »
    Get the Nexus then. You'll be happy with anyone of them anyway as they are all good phone who essentially all do the same thing.
    Assuming you're referring to the HTC One Vs Nexus, the Acer is a lot lower spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

At the end of the day it really depends on what you want/need. In my opinion you are comparing 3 very different phones which provide very different options. If you are choosing phones because there are threads about them in the Bargain Alerts forum then why not the S4 too?

I think you should look at Oppo too before deciding. Find 5 is classed by some as the best Android phone on the market and they are just about to release a dual sim phone with nice specs called the R819.

• Advertisement

S4 is a bit more expensive. I've ordered a Nexus 4, will see if the order completes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

The OPPO looks like a quality phone, but beware of how thin the phone actually is. I would worry about having a phone like that in my pocket where the screen could crack quiet easily while bending or lifting stuff....or else it may be bulletproof:)

Advertisement