Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Lough Key Sprint

Options
  • 02-09-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Coming up this weekend. Who's in? Looks like there will be big numbers with them adding a second wave. Looking forward to it. A very well organised race in a cracking location.

Last race of the season for me. Looking forward to the Tuesday special bucket of 9 pieces in KFC next Tuesday :D Nutella and marshmallow pizza for desert as suggested by RQ :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

pgibbo wrote: »
    Coming up this weekend. Who's in? Looks like there will be big numbers with them adding a second wave. Looking forward to it. A very well organised race in a cracking location.

Location location location....I'm expecting some nice scenery at this pgibbo. I've done a few different races this year to see different places and your comments on this one certainly helped me decide to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Am in for this one..then im jacking it in for at least a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

ray o wrote: »
    Location location location....I'm expecting some nice scenery at this pgibbo. I've done a few different races this year to see different places and your comments on this one certainly helped me decide to do it.

I hope it doesn't disappoint!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Doing this too. Will be my first triathlon in 3yrs. Got a good 2wks of triathlon specific training done. Sure I'll be grand :rolleyes:

Another very enjoyable day in Lough Key yesterday. Thank you Lough Key Tri Club. Could have done with bigger plates for the food after :D

I was a little worried when I arrived as temperatures were very low. Thankfully it warmed up nicely. After the initial brain freeze the water was actually very nice. I had forgotten how much of a bite there was on the bike course. The run is very nice through the forest but that hill out of T1 nearly killed me.

One for 2014 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Perfect day for this yesterday .. what a great race!! .. well organised and well marshalled -- and in a great location .. but I need to work on my bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Holy cow have you seen the trophy for the Fastest Bike split at this bad boy?

Kev brought it in to the swim this am and it's class.

Lough Key Sprint, heck I'll nearly try make it my A race for next year to try get that trophy!
    Also an overall trophy for winners.
    I don't understand why big races don't all offer trophies at this stage. Even if perpetual ones.
    Lost sheep had none which I was surprised at.

Other races need to take note, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Would be cool alright, of course would have to apply for swim and run splits also - as the old refrain goes "it's not all about the bike"..

Looking at the Lost Sheep video, they did do something also that I haven't seen here before; the champagne on the podium which I reckon made for good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Herc

Nice bike too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Enjoyed the event. As I said before, had a nice 2wks training for it under the belt! Was 5th out of the water and then went down hill from there. On the bike I just couldn't get the power out. Legs were cold and maybe wasn't used to the transition. The run, I just ran within myself. Finished fine, wasn't out of breath.

Next one, I'll hopefully be able to drive on on the bike/run and work a bit harder in the swim.

• Advertisement

Some good pictures from the event here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Some good pictures from the event here.
    Are you sure you feature enough times in those Gibbo?

BTH wrote: »
    Are you sure you feature enough times in those Gibbo?

What can I say????? I'm a handsome divil :rolleyes: Modest too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I haven't done this race for a few years, Noble won it with Conor Murphy breathing down his neck. I always wanted to come back because they do know how to do triathlon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

What can I say????? I'm a handsome divil :rolleyes: Modest too! :D

Time for a new tri-suit me thinks Paul...the current one is hanging off you!

Advertisement