Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Happens after failed repeats

Options
  • 02-09-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

If I fail one of my repeats I'm a first year btw what happens next how do I stay in UL anyone have any experiences? :) (really want to stay here)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

If you want to progress to second year you must repeat the entire module on a link-in basis. IIRC there is a limit on the number of modules you can take on a link-in basis: this will be noted in the academic handbook. Beyond this limit you are required to repeat the entire year. You will have to pay tuition fees for any repeats.

If the module you have failed is core for the course you're on, it may be worth stopping to reflect on your options in more detail. If you're repeating because the module is difficult or beyond your abilities, it's only going to get harder and you may be better off choosing a new course rather than battling through another three years before deciding to do a different degree anyway. Have a chat with your student advisor about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Chimaera has it mostly there, I'll just add the process:

When you get the result, if it is a fail, contact your Course Director and/or Student Adviser to discuss what you're going to do.

You may have to go to SAA next to clear it with them (I'm not sure if this has to be done in all cases, mine was complicated due to course changes)

You'll need to get a Link-In registration form (in the pigeon holes outside SAA/Fees Office) and fill that out. You then take that form to the fees office along with proof of payment of the fee (probably €568, but could be different depending on your department) and they'll sort you out.

Advertisement