Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Chance Saloon ?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Reading ST on another topic I spotted this in the sidebar.

Those of you who know me, know my stance on doping & dopers. I was quite surprised to read this interview and see the amount of time and space given not just to someone who doped in the past, but also has a checkered career in regards flouting the rules.

A lot of the female pros have absolutely no time for Lisa Hutthaler and I wonder what the motivation behind the ST interview is?

Should ex-dopers (allegedly) get a second or last chance to clean up and return?
    Is she getting a press-break because she's a she?
    Is this the start of triathlon doping being treated like cycling? "I'm sorry I doped, can I still go out and play?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Dan is a twat when it comes to doping. Look how many quality posters (jack mott for example) that abandoned ST with the whole attitude to Lance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Mod I have deleted some posts relating to another athlete in another sport about whom there is no evidence. While I agree with the sentiment personally, I must enforce the rules of this forum. No doping talk. Thanks

Edit: to add that the subject of the OP is fair game as they're admitted doping in the past and served a ban. The question asked was what bans should be served, not who is obviously doping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

She should have got a life time ban. Not just for the doping but for the bribery. for what she did to Kate Allen and the subsequent 'alledged' cheating in Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rowr

Sounds like a 'poor me' article, maybe she should have thrown up a few pics of furry puppies and kittens along with the 'cute' family snaps. Cheating scumbags damage sport, lifetime bans keep them away from the sport and deter others (hopefully)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ST seem to want to do her some favours. I think towards the end of the article where she gets defensive you see the real woman, not the 'poor me I have sinned' one.

She broke the rules so badly, and there are so many question marks over her behaviour, she should not have been let back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I think most people can decide for themselves what character this person has. i cant see that she got anything positive from that interview. And the comments will tell her what people think aobut her ( a small reality check for her maybe) No potential sponsor in his her right frame of mind would sponsor her after reading the comments.

Advertisement