Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PST Repair Tool

Options
  • 02-09-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi Guys, (not sure if this is the correct place for this question. MOD feel free to move!)

I used auto archive on Microsoft outlook and now it appears my archive file is corrupt.

I tried to use scanpst but I was unable to locate the pst file I needed to repair.

Googling this seems to be a common occurrence and the inbuilt scanpst seems very basic.

Now my question, is it appears (from Googling again) that I will need to pay to get a decent pst repair tool. Is this the case?

I downloaded another free one and that could not locate my pst either.

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

cowlove wrote: »
    I was unable to locate the pst file I needed to repair.

It's typically in this folder

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

It's typically in this folder

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

I could find it, but I could not find it using the snanpst. Scanpst could not find my pst file.

I've solved it now, so you can close this thread!

I found a free demo to download.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 surface13

You can run scanpst.exe to repair your pst file; if still you face problem then I would advice you to try Kernel for Outlook PST Repair Software to repair and recover your emails from damaged outlook pst file.

surface13 wrote: »
    You can run scanpst.exe to repair your pst file; if still you face problem then I would advice you to try Kernel for Outlook PST Repair Software to repair and recover your emails from damaged outlook pst file.

Thanks, I ended up using a free demo from disk doctors and then using the scanpst.exe on the recovered files.

All working fine now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Cowlove,

It is true tale as you mentioned about Inbox repair tool in your case. Couple months ago, I also faced this erratic behavior of ScanPST.exe when my PST was slashed by unknown threat. Then I found a helpful post of a MVP (Microsoft Valuable Professional) at:
    http://clintboessen.blogspot.in/2013/03/an-insight-into-stellar-phoenix-outlook.html

I used this tool, and it successfully repaired my PST file. Though this tool is not free but it is a recommended tool. You can test the working of the tool in real scenario as demo version of this tool is available for free.

Thanks
    Jane

Advertisement