Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Programmer required

• 02-09-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My Business partner and I have formed a new business selling website templates, moved into offices a few weeks ago, all good so far so good.

Our original goal was to create a Java based chat client where we ontrol the server side which we now have time to do.

Its pretty much working but only testing it locally, we need someone that's Java proficient to add a few key features i.e. the ability for customers to buy a credit in order to speak to a professional using some form of API like PayPal or various other payment methods.

Looking for as many suggestions as possible or even such a programmer to exist near enough to Waterford.

Appreciate any advice or direct contact.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

ditch it in favor of some off-the-shelf package, there's no point reinventing the wheel, especially in Java

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ditch it in favor of some off-the-shelf package, there's no point reinventing the wheel, especially in Java
    They'll need to make sure they're not breaking any licensing agreement when they sell it on as part of their offering.

Also, why use Java? I'd look at a JavaScript-AJAX based applet, if I were them.

Advertisement