Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog travelling to Amsterdam

• 02-09-2013 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been watching 'How much is that doggy in the window' and want to travel to Amsterdam :D

Aerlingus/ Ryanair won't carry me on their short haul flights. I don't really want to go with a courier by myself and was thinking of taking the boat to England, then Holland. Has anyone else done this or have any advice regarding transport? Thanks

I have my passport and vaccinations, ready :)

Woof!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ferry is probably going to be your best bet.

May I ask why you want to bring your dog to Amsterdam? Is it just for a holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Hi we havent travelled to Holland but we have taken our dog to Spain for the last 4 years without any problems. The Pet Passport scheme is less restrictive than ever and the pet can now re-enter three weeks after vaccination. We go from Rosslare to Cherbourg and then drive down from there. We travel with Celtic Link there is no charge for the dog, they have kennels on board and you can visit when you like. However, we (and dog) prefer to leave him in the car as its familiar territory for him and he knows we will come back for him.

Advertisement