Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options
  • 02-09-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Now that E.p. is over, need this to look forward to.

Anyone going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Anyone going?

Maybe.

Let's see how ticket day goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

I've done the registration etc so fingers crossed.

Is it only 1 ticket per registration or what's the story? Kind of unclear from what I've read on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I've done the registration etc so fingers crossed.

Is it only 1 ticket per registration or what's the story? Kind of unclear from what I've read on the site.

1 ticket per registration, as your picture is linked to your registration.

You can then get something like 10 8 tickets on the day at each attempt, if you have the registration number and matching details for the other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just registered for this as well! Never been to Glastonbury but would give me right arm to go next year seeing as I missed EP this year.

Better start saving.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Glastonbury Festival (official) founder Michael Eavis has revealed that the 2014 headliners have never played the festival before... Let us know who you think should top the bill next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Glastonbury Festival (official) founder Michael Eavis has revealed that the 2014 headliners have never played the festival before... Let us know who you think should top the bill next year!

I seen a few early reports linking Madonna and Prince as neither have played before. No interest in seeing Madonna.
    But have Pearl Jam ever played Glastonbury? They are releasing new album and announced they are going to tour in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fleetwood Mac? weren't they mentioned as possible headliners before this year's were announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No Bowie so. Fleetwood Mac sounds likely. I doubt either Madonna or Prince would take the pay cut expected to play the main stage. Expect at least one of the headliners to be an indie rock band who will get lots of people complaining that they shouldn't be headlining as that seems to be Eavis' way as of late. Kasabian?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

No Doubt <crosses fingers>

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

If Kasabian get anywhere near a headline slot I'll be well p*ssed off. Can't stand them.

Arcade Fire? New album on the horizon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kasabian, Arcade Fire and No Doubt have all played before though....
    finding any band/act that hasn't played before that is big enough to headline would be pretty tough really...

Oh I misread the sentence and thought it was never played headliner before... that does change it a bit. Ill have to think about who'd fit that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Kasabian, Arcade Fire and No Doubt have all played before though....
    finding any band/act that hasn't played before that is big enough to headline would be pretty tough really...

gah 2002 is a lifetime in music festival terms, saw them at Witnness that year... epicness

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

It's already been leaked that Elbow will be headlining the pyramid stage one of the nights. Doesn't do it for me, but then I had no interest in seeing either the Arctics or Mumfords this year and it didn't impact my enjoyment a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

alastair wrote: »
    Elbow.
    ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....... They've played Glastonbury before though, haven't they?

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....... They've played Glastonbury before though, haven't they?

They have - but Eavis isn't really to be trusted with these hints - he's a long record of pure guff. The long-running probable shoe-ins for next year have been Elbow and the Stone Roses (who would qualify under the latest Eavis edict).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They have - but Eavis isn't really to be trusted with these hints - he's a long record of pure guff. The long-running probable shoe-ins for next year have been Elbow and the Stone Roses (who would qualify under the latest Eavis edict).

Really hope its not the Roses tbh , wouldnt mind Elbow but too much but not sure if they are headliners ? 2nd stage yea you could through them there .

As said id be amazed if Fleetwood Mac were not one of the headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Just registered my hubby and me. What are the chances. I would give a less favoured body part to go to Glastonbury.

What day are the tickets out.... And can you part pay?

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Just registered my hubby and me. What are the chances. I would give a less favoured body part to go to Glastonbury.

What day are the tickets out.... And can you part pay?

Don't think the official day is out yet but it will be a Sunday in October. Chances are good if you are up at 9am, are methodical, don't panic and work with a group. It takes about 4hrs for it to sell out and that is simply because the system can only process so many requests at a time. You've to keep hammering the site to get your chance to buy. One person getting through can get up to 8 tickets (but they need the registration details of 8 people).

There is a one off deposit payment of 50 sterling. The rest (probably 160stg) will be payable in February. Dates/prices subject to be revised as the price keeps on going up each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Toast wrote: »
    Don't think the official day is out yet but it will be a Sunday in October. Chances are good if you are up at 9am, are methodical, don't panic and work with a group. It takes about 4hrs for it to sell out and that is simply because the system can only process so many requests at a time. You've to keep hammering the site to get your chance to buy. One person getting through can get up to 8 tickets (but they need the registration details of 8 people).

There is a one off deposit payment of 50 sterling. The rest (probably 160stg) will be payable in February. Dates/prices subject to be revised as the price keeps on going up each year.

So it is a case of keeping hitting a refresh button on the laptop & PC until you hopefully get lucky....

Never even thought about Glasto until this thread. I'll try, and we'll see from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Balls, I didn't reaslise it would be so cut throat and I don't have a "gang" to work in tandom with. Just me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

the Stone Roses (who would qualify under the latest Eavis edict).

Awful, truly awful at Coachella this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gonna throw a big curveball out there and say Metallica, they've never headlined before and were gonna play in 99 before they pulled out, they were never announced but pulled out of talks, i interviewed Lars for Kerrang (a fan comp) and asked him about Glastonbury, he was keen and said talks were at an advanced stage. I told him they don't do day tickets so Metallica fans would have to sit through 3 days of shite to see them, he seemed pretty taken aback at no day tickets.

The band have changed now and seem to be playing area's they've never done before, and a headline slot at Glasto will surely be one to tick off the bucket list, they also come over a LOT in June/July to play festivals, they didn't this year so definately will next year

scudzilla wrote: »
    Gonna throw a big curveball out there and say Metallica, they've never headlined before and were gonna play in 99 before they pulled out, they were never announced but pulled out of talks, i interviewed Lars for Kerrang (a fan comp) and asked him about Glastonbury, he was keen and said talks were at an advanced stage. I told him they don't do day tickets so Metallica fans would have to sit through 3 days of shite to see them, he seemed pretty taken aback at no day tickets.

The band have changed now and seem to be playing area's they've never done before, and a headline slot at Glasto will surely be one to tick off the bucket list, they also come over a LOT in June/July to play festivals, they didn't this year so definately will next year

Eavis has an aversion to metal/heavy bands. Fear of crowd crushes following bad experiences in Roskilde etc. I'd be surprised.

Toast wrote: »
    Don't think the official day is out yet but it will be a Sunday in October. Chances are good if you are up at 9am, are methodical, don't panic and work with a group. It takes about 4hrs for it to sell out and that is simply because the system can only process so many requests at a time.

Last year it sold out in 1 hour 40 minutes. A record they will probably break this year as they had DNS issues that slowed it down last time. Gone are the days of it selling out in 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Eavis has an aversion to metal/heavy bands. Fear of crowd crushes following bad experiences in Roskilde etc. I'd be surprised.

Metallica are probably one of the biggest grossing touring bands of the last 20yrs, Eavis will have them without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

When does the registration for this close?

Just before the ticket sale (sometime in october.)

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    When does the registration for this close?

I think it was something like 1 week before the tickets go on sale, end of September / start of October.

Advertisement