Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

I have a small problem that someone might be able to help with.

Myself and my brother are taking our dads campervan to glastonbury, but in haste we went and got 2 bus combo tickets in the early sale, both thinking that the other would book a normal ticket so they could drive the camper.

Thing is, I have just heard from the glasto office and they said that when we go to pay our balance we will not be offered the chance to buy a campervan ticket coz we're supposed to be in a bus and not driving, which leaves us with a problem - obviously.
    They kindly have suggested that we get someone that we know going to buy the ticket for us when they are paying their balance, so we are both firing the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in this.

In return we would offer the person helping us a lift to and from glastonbury, this would be cheaper than someone making their own way to the festival which is the benefit.

If anyone is interested please do pop a pm off to me, or any advice regarding the issue would be great also!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

foolelle wrote: »
    I have a small problem that someone might be able to help with.

Myself and my brother are taking our dads campervan to glastonbury, but in haste we went and got 2 bus combo tickets in the early sale, both thinking that the other would book a normal ticket so they could drive the camper.

Thing is, I have just heard from the glasto office and they said that when we go to pay our balance we will not be offered the chance to buy a campervan ticket coz we're supposed to be in a bus and not driving, which leaves us with a problem - obviously.
    They kindly have suggested that we get someone that we know going to buy the ticket for us when they are paying their balance, so we are both firing the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in this.

In return we would offer the person helping us a lift to and from glastonbury, this would be cheaper than someone making their own way to the festival which is the benefit.

If anyone is interested please do pop a pm off to me, or any advice regarding the issue would be great also!!

Cheers

I was under the impression that if you bought a coach package that you had to get the bus or else you wouldn't get your ticket for the festival. Unless the office are saying this is no longer the case...

I was under the impression that if you bought a coach package that you had to get the bus or else you wouldn't get your ticket for the festival. Unless the office are saying this is no longer the case...

yes it is, well one of us will have to travel on the bus, but can collect both tickets with a letter from the other person - thankfully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

foolelle wrote: »
    yes it is, well one of us will have to travel on the bus, but can collect both tickets with a letter from the other person - thankfully!!
    You might want to check that out. I got the bus before and they only handed out tickets getting on the bus to those who could verify their ID.

You might want to check that out. I got the bus before and they only handed out tickets getting on the bus to those who could verify their ID.

Yeah that was one of the problems covered in my extensive & somewhat pleading conversation I had with guys in the Glastonbury office, they said if my brother or I wrote a letter the driver would except it, we will both be there so we can meet the driver also, had a similar issue last year with my bro only bein able to get a combo Ticket in the resale and there was no problem. I think that's why Glastonbury stands out over all festivals, everyone just wants to help.

If anyone who hasn't organised a flight or ferry to Glastonbury so far and is interested in helping us out please get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

An incredibly stupid question! Got tickets when they went on sale and the £50 was taken at the time. How/where do I pay the balance? I went onto SeeTickets, but I can only see my order confirmation, not where to pay the balance :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

johnnykilo wrote: »
    An incredibly stupid question! Got tickets when they went on sale and the £50 was taken at the time. How/where do I pay the balance? I went onto SeeTickets, but I can only see my order confirmation, not where to pay the balance :confused:

Balance is due in April then the resale from what I can gather.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Warpaint have self confirmed they will be at this year's Glastonbury Festival.

The Californian all girl band were in session from Maida Vale for Zane Lowe last week, and confirmed they would be making a day stop at the Festiva

Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140224f.shtml#VrOTOVhK5ZEt3wbd.99

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Balance is due in April then the resale from what I can gather.

The balance for international tickets is normally taken earlier than April, around about now 'ish.

Edit: I take that back, they seem to have made it all ticket balances to be paid in April this year.

Sorry about that, move along, nothing to see here. :o

http://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2014-ticket-info#INTERNATIONAL_BOOKINGS___

robinph wrote: »
    The balance for international tickets is normally taken earlier than April, around about now 'ish.

So does that mean there could be a few tickets released now 'ish?? :eek:

• Advertisement

Dolly Parton confirmed for Glasto as well. I really need to get tickets for this. Not a fan per se but would be worth checking out all the same if I do get there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Blondie has also just been added to the Glastonbury line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Blondie has also just been added to the Glastonbury line-up.

Great news. I have always wanted to see Blondie live.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Great addition!

Disclosure have been confirmed for a "big slot" at Glastonbury.

Disclosure have been confirmed for a "big slot" at Glastonbury.

Other Stage headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Read somewhere yesterday that some bookies have stopped taking bets on Kasabian being a headliner.

Don't know how believable that is though.

Other Stage headliner?

Quite possible I reckon. They would be a solid act.
    lc180 wrote: »
    Read somewhere yesterday that some bookies have stopped taking bets on Kasabian being a headliner.

Don't know how believable that is though.

The whole Kasabian as Sunday night headliners rumour exploded into life a few weeks ago and everyone seemed sure it was about to be announced.

Speculation began again yesterday with the Dolly Parton, Blondie and Disclousre confirmations and it seems like a done deal if you believe the Bookies.

You would imagine it's between Prince and Foo Fighters for the Saturday night headline slot at this stage.

Looks like Elbow. Eagles, Pixies and Metallica could be included also in the final line-up. All top acts IMO.

I

Suppose its the only "big slot" they can get . No way headline Pyramid and doubt they would sub anyone on the Pyramid since they would want to show off their light show stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The whole Kasabian as Sunday night headliners rumour exploded into life a few weeks ago and everyone seemed sure it was about to be announced.

Speculation began again yesterday with the Dolly Parton, Blondie and Disclousre confirmations and it seems like a done deal if you believe the Bookies.

You would imagine it's between Prince and Foo Fighters for the Saturday night headline slot at this stage.

Looks like Elbow. Eagles, Pixies and Metallica could be included also in the final line-up. All top acts IMO.

Surely metallica would have to headline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Surely metallica would have to headline?

I still fancy Prince and Metallica to be two of the headliners.

If Kasabian headline over Metallica it would send the universe so far out of whack I'd be afraid to go for fear a black hole would open under Pilton Farm and swallow all in attendance.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I still fancy Prince and Metallica to be two of the headliners.

If Kasabian headline over Metallica it would send the universe so far out of whack I'd be afraid to go for fear a black hole would open under Pilton Farm and swallow all in attendance.

If it a block hole opened up i still would be rather watching Kasabian over Metallica before getting sucked in :p:p:p

I've seen Kasabian a couple of times and they're a great live band but status wise they don't come close to Metallica in fairness.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I've seen Kasabian a couple of times and they're a great live band but status wise they don't come close to Metallica in fairness.

Ill disagree but sure we all have different opinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I don't see Metallica as Pyramid headliners at all. I know they're hugely popular, but I think they're much more likely to headline Other if they're there.

I don't see Metallica as Pyramid headliners at all. I know they're hugely popular, but I think they're much more likely to headline Other if they're there.

True , Plus would people no many of their songs for a Glastonbury crowd

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice.

6 of us are planning to travel over on Tuesday 24th June on a night sailing out of Rosslare.

Both Stena Line and Irish Ferries offer very similar times and fares. Basically, I'm just wondering if Fishguard or Pembroke is the better option?

I know Pembroke is approx 12 miles closer which is really irrelevant so looking for some deciding factors.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Fishguard or Pembroke really makes no difference. If it was either of those compared to Holyhead then there is some things to sway one way or the other.

Flip a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

I found last year the ferries were better value nearer the time, I booked mine just after the final payment in Feb but could have saved €75 by leaving it until May....mind you I did get a free upgrade both ways from Stena Line, after I sent an email complaining about early bookers being penalised because of the May Sales - they never replied, but had the express lane tags and lounge codes handed to me when I checked in on both legs of the journey!

If you get the chance for an earlier sailing and arrive in the car parks on the Tuesday Night go for it, I find it adds to the whole experience and the atmosphere is great in the car parks/queues early on Wed morning.

Personally I prefer the Holyhead route as I find it easier to limp back via the services on the UK motorways on the Monday and be only 45 mins from Mullingar on the Tuesday morning, rather than driving from Rosslare!

• Advertisement

From my one and only Glasto experience the ferry over on Tuesday is fine, but get yourself on a flight home from Bristol if at all possible.

Being stuck on a train for the guts of the Monday before being stuck in either of those kippy port towns waiting for a ferry is hell on earth when you're more than likely gonna be in a fairly delicate place as it is coming off the back of 5 days of Glasto.

Edit: Hadn't thought, you're probably driving. I'm speaking from a foot passenger point of view.

Advertisement