Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There'll be a big resale of the tickets that are returned when people don't buy the full amount. That'll be mid April sometime. There are then other smaller less publicised ones pretty much up to the festival of the cancelled full tickets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I know next week is the deadline to pay the ticket balance. Does the lineup get announced during this period or afterwards? Thanks!

Worry about the lineup when you are sat in the field, cider in hand, and wondering who it it that is playing on the stage infront of you. At that point open up the mini program and have a read, if your eyes cannot focus on the small printed words in the program by that point in the day then don't worry about it and just carry on enjoying yourself and listen to whoever the act is that is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Toast wrote: »
    There'll be a big resale of the tickets that are returned when people don't buy the full amount. That'll be mid April sometime. There are then other smaller less publicised ones pretty much up to the festival of the cancelled full tickets.

I will be in for the resale and tried last year also to no avail , how would you hear about less publicised sales, or it that just pure luck on the see tickets webpage.
    Does anyone have any idea what the number of tickets are for sale in the resale ?

Numbers of about 10% on the big April resale are usual (so 10,000 or so?) but it fluctuates based on the strength of the announced lineup, general financial state of the nation, weather etc... Maybe a factor this time around is people are still holding out for Kate Bush and David Bowie announcements so you might see slightly less available in the April resale but more in the May resale after its clear they're not playing.

Anyway your best bet for resale news is twitter. I was spotting announcements on resales just generally browsing twitter without even trying. This public twitter list for glasto news is a good place to start: https://twitter.com/GlastoWatch/lists/glasto-news

Last year when I saw the announcements I clicked through to the booking page a good few of the times without any bother. The demand after the big April sale usually dries up as alot of people are unaware of the other resales or feel it is not practical to hold out hope and go with another festival so there is usually a window of 10 or 15 minutes on announcement of resales where you can get in without any hassle. Always have your registration details to hand and be prepared to make the decision to book without notice. If you gotta wait to confirm you can get the days off you won't get the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

@glastofest have just tweeted that the resale will take place on April 24th for coach packages and on April 27th for standard festival only tickets!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Lana Del Rey and Warpaint added to the official lineup page for those of you interested.

Need to settle the balance this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

foolelle wrote: »
    @glastofest have just tweeted that the resale will take place on April 24th for coach packages and on April 27th for standard festival only tickets!!

If you went for the standard tickets in the first sale do you have to do so again or can you apply for coach tickets in the resale?

I heard that it's easier in th coach sale...

Chelon, as long as you havent already been assigned a ticket then you can try your luck in either sale! Coach tickets are probably a bit easier to pick up alright but its still a complete lotto. Just make sure you get a coach from somewhere convenient to travel from, Scotland for example would be a bit of a pain in the arse

Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Toast wrote: »
    Numbers of about 10% on the big April resale are usual (so 10,000 or so?) but it fluctuates based on the strength of the announced lineup, general financial state of the nation, weather etc... Maybe a factor this time around is people are still holding out for Kate Bush and David Bowie announcements so you might see slightly less available in the April resale but more in the May resale after its clear they're not playing.

Anyway your best bet for resale news is twitter. I was spotting announcements on resales just generally browsing twitter without even trying. This public twitter list for glasto news is a good place to start: https://twitter.com/GlastoWatch/lists/glasto-news

Last year when I saw the announcements I clicked through to the booking page a good few of the times without any bother. The demand after the big April sale usually dries up as alot of people are unaware of the other resales or feel it is not practical to hold out hope and go with another festival so there is usually a window of 10 or 15 minutes on announcement of resales where you can get in without any hassle. Always have your registration details to hand and be prepared to make the decision to book without notice. If you gotta wait to confirm you can get the days off you won't get the tickets.

So how does this work, there's the initial resale on the 24 & 27 get that much. After this do they resell tickets randomly as they come up? Any particular pattern like only during working hours, certain days or times?

I don't think there is any announced pattern. It is probably something to do with the various return rates of tickets so there might be something slightly more predictable than random but if so I'm unaware of it. Ask at the Efestivals forums perhaps? From my memory of seeing the announcements last year they were usually between 5pm - 7pm on working days but that doesn't mean all of them were... just the ones I saw. I went back through my Twitter history but could only find this one that I retweeted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

eFestivals with the exclusive..
    eFestivals can finally exclusively who this year's Pyramid Stage headliners will be on the Saturday night of this year's Glastonbury Festival.

Yes, Glastonbury is going to rock out this summer to the crunching riffs of Metallica!

There has been speculation for sometime that the Californian heavy metal band may make an appearance after drummer Lars Ulrich revealed in an interview in 2012 how much they wanted to appear at the Somerset Festival, saying, "We've never played Glastonbury. I don't know if Michael would ever invite a harder rock band to play. It's something I would love to do at some point. We love playing, we love connecting with people, and you want to try to do that in as many situations as possible. Mid May to September in Europe, it doesn't get better than that."

However in order to get around the worry that Festival organiser Michael Eavis would never invite a hard rock band to headline, it seems the dairy farmer has come up with a clever solution.

The farmer rang us late last night and revealed, "Emily and I were sitting in the kitchen discussing how we'd not had much luck with headliners, with the Fleetwood Mac thing, and not hearing back from Prince. The radio was on and we were listening to news about how quickly Kate Bush tickets had sold. They sold as fast as our own Festival tickets do, and we were commenting on how much we liked her album Hounds Of Love when that drummer from Metallica pestered us again about playing. Turns out he likes Kate Bush too!"

"Right there and then it came to me, a way to have them headline and not be too metal, by not playing their own material!

"So that was it, proper job, Metallica will be headlining The Pyramid Stage this year, doing the classic Kate Bush album ''Hounds Of Love' in full, plus a selection of hits from Kate Bush's back catalogue. Personally I'm shaking in my shorts with excitement!"

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140401a.shtml

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Feel sorry for Kate Bush if Lars is gonna play drums on her tracks

ha ha excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

ahhhhhh balance paid there - what a nice feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Balance paid off :D
    Now to sort everything else :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Balance paid, campervan ticket sorted.

Where's my zoider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

robinph wrote: »
    Balance paid, campervan ticket sorted.

Where's my zoider?

Any suggestions on East v West campervan field?

Arriving into and Departing from Fishguard

Any suggestions on East v West campervan field?

Arriving into and Departing from Fishguard

The west will be slightly easier for you to drive to, and you don't have walking the "Hill of death" (tm) to contend with each day on the way in and out of the site. The east side camper fields are bigger and is the traditional side that our group always go to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

robinph wrote: »
    The west will be slightly easier for you to drive to, and you don't have walking the "Hill of death" (tm) to contend with each day on the way in and out of the site. The east side camper fields are bigger and is the traditional side that our group always go to though.

Cheers for that. If you were to exclude your groups tradition for a moment, would you choose East or West? Any special features/atmosphere in either field?

Not been to the west side, although based on a fear of flooding I think I'd be happier on the east with being at the top of the hill. Not that the west will flood, but it is lower down.
    Not aware of anything significantly different between each side, and the atmosphere is all about what you take with you or create yourself.

• Advertisement

this is worth another try, can someone paying their balance today help please?

I have a problem that I am looking for help with.

Myself and my brother are taking a campervan to glasto, but stupidly we went and got 2 bus combo tickets in the pre sale, both thinking that the other would book a normal ticket so they could drive.

I have heard from the glasto office and they said that when we pay our balance we will not be offered the chance to buy a campervan ticket because we're supposed to be in a bus and not driving.
    They suggested that we get someone that we know is going to the festival to buy the camper ticket for us when they are paying their balance.

In return we would offer the person helping us a lift to and from glastonbury, this would be cheaper than someone making their own way to the festival which is the benefit.

If anyone is interested in helping out a fellow glasto goer please do get in touch balances are due next week so under a little pressure at this stage.

Please and thanks
    Dom

this is worth another try, can someone paying their balance today help please?

I have a problem that I am looking for help with.

Myself and my brother are taking a campervan to glasto, but stupidly we went and got 2 bus combo tickets in the pre sale, both thinking that the other would book a normal ticket so they could drive.

I have heard from the glasto office and they said that when we pay our balance we will not be offered the chance to buy a campervan ticket because we're supposed to be in a bus and not driving.
    They suggested that we get someone that we know is going to the festival to buy the camper ticket for us when they are paying their balance.

In return we would offer the person helping us a lift to and from glastonbury, this would be cheaper than someone making their own way to the festival which is the benefit.

If anyone is interested in helping out a fellow glasto goer please do get in touch balances are due next week so under a little pressure at this stage.

Please and thanks
    Dom

As far as I know , you wont get your festival ticket until you are en route on the bus , it was 2011 we had to get an extra ticket and it was a bus combo, we had to drop off our friend at the bus in Bristol as she didnt get her actual ticket until she was on the move, all part of the going green theme.

glasto said that either one of us can collect both tickets while traveling on the bus which is great, can you help Benny?

glasto said that either one of us can collect both tickets while traveling on the bus which is great, can you help Benny?

unfortunately no fecking missed out in the sale. Entered the cc details and everything and was sitting on a white screen for an hour.

bennyc wrote: »
    unfortunately no fecking missed out in the sale. Entered the cc details and everything and was sitting on a white screen for an hour.

There is a glasto facebook page you might have some luck on.

oh yeah, i never thought of that, was only tryin the forums. cheers Benny - good luck in the resale!!

Anyone know anything about how credit card companies decide their exchange rates? Sterling is doing a bit of a wobble versus Euro right now. I vaguely recall the credit card companies lag a few days behind actual market rates but not too sure. A few quid to be saved waiting until the end of the week perhaps?

edit: btw if your address is wrong when you enter the registration details you get to change it on the next page. I didn't click through when I realised it was wrong and spent ages trying to find how to update it. Might help people to know.

Did my own research.. the exchange rates change per hour on Visa so I decided just to get it booked as well as get my flight before that went through the roof. Managed to get out on the Wednesday morning and back Monday morning for under 100 by booking without bags.

I know they are iffy about tent pegs and Ill leave them home but anyone have problems with poles and carry on?

Also anyone had to be in Bristol for that early Monday flight? I'm pretty sure the national express had couches all through Sunday Night / Monday morning. I've found the last few times out I did nothing much Sunday night anyway so spending it on a couch out to the airport so I actually have Monday to recover back home is probably not the worst use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How do the camper van tickets work, is it part of your main ticket or a separate ticket x1 per van?

• Advertisement

its a different ticket altogether, last year it was just a A5 sheet of paper, looked like it was printed on a home computer, obviously wasnt but looked that way. when they were checking tickets they took it off you and gave you a sticker for the window

Advertisement