Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

foolelle wrote: »
    its a different ticket altogether, last year it was just a A5 sheet of paper, looked like it was printed on a home computer, obviously wasnt but looked that way. when they were checking tickets they took it off you and gave you a sticker for the window

Not meaning to be negative but would the camper van ticket not have the registration photo on it, making it non-transferable?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Not negative at all, no they dont have a photo on them at all, I thought I had a photos of mine from last year but cant seem to find it now, if i do i'l post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Balance paid. Getting giddy already! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Paid my balance earlier,I've never being so happy for being so skint!
    Countdown is on!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Campervan tickets are totally transferable. I previous managed to get one from someone on efests the week before who no longer needed theirs. They give you another ticket to actually leave in the van once you arrive on site anyway, the ticket you get through the post is just to get to to the vehicle gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Toast wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about how credit card companies decide their exchange rates? Sterling is doing a bit of a wobble versus Euro right now. I vaguely recall the credit card companies lag a few days behind actual market rates but not too sure. A few quid to be saved waiting until the end of the week perhaps?

edit: btw if your address is wrong when you enter the registration details you get to change it on the next page. I didn't click through when I realised it was wrong and spent ages trying to find how to update it. Might help people to know.

Just to add; if you think you might have submitted your order with the wrong address or if you think you might need to change your address between now and when the tickets are sent; a handy way to do it is creating a See tickets account on http://www.seetickets.com/ and then import your Glastonbury order using your reference number.

You can then edit your address in there and also see at a later stage if your tickets have been dispatched or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Everytime I see this thread I think that the line up has been announced :):) Paid my balance today. Only 12 weeks to go.

jesus surprised to see this hasnt been mentioned here, c'mon lads its been nearly 24 hours since

http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am_video.php?locID=1.65.74&video=78158

interesting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

jesus surprised to see this hasnt been mentioned here, c'mon lads its been nearly 24 hours since

interesting stuff

FFS ITS TV3, LOL Thats Why!!!

ha ha i just seen it on a uk forum, seems they watch that rubbish!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

IT BEGINS!!!!
    959poster.png

No Metallica :(:( I must be getting old. I only know about 10 of the acts listed on that poster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

1 more headliner to be announced according to Emily Eavis this morning. Booked and confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Probably announce it after the resale

1 more headliner to be announced according to Emily Eavis this morning. Booked and confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Probably announce it after the resale

Please be Metallica. I have seen Kasabian 3 times already. Seen Arcade Fire at nearly every festival I have gone to :D:D Have seen Elbow twice and I have no desire at all to see Jack White. I want someone good and who I have never seen before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

interesting stuff

Always wearing his short shorts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

gazzer wrote: »
    Please be Metallica. I have seen Kasabian 3 times already. Seen Arcade Fire at nearly every festival I have gone to :D:D Have seen Elbow twice and I have no desire at all to see Jack White. I want someone good and who I have never seen before.

Kasabian announced as Sunday headliners

Chelon wrote: »
    Kasabian announced as Sunday headliners

Meh. That is two headliners I wont be going to see so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Some good acts there, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the headliners so far. What ever happened to there being three headliners that had never played Glastonbury?

I'm still holding out for Prince.

Blisterman wrote: »
    Some good acts there, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the headliners so far. What ever happened to there being three headliners that had never played Glastonbury?

I'm still holding out for Prince.

Yeah I thought the same. I was sure I read and heard that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Michael Eavis being full of **** happened to that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Who are still possible headliners?
    Bowie?
    Prince?
    Kanye?
    Metallica?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Who are still possible headliners?
    Bowie?
    Prince?
    Kanye?
    Metallica?

Headliner is not being released til May due to contractual reasons, only Metallica from that list would fit with that (Booked as sonisphere "exclusives").

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Not ecstatic about the line up myself. There are some good acts there but the headliners don't excite me, and I've already seen so many of the others bands playing recently enough. Still going to be great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Metallica are apparently shoe ins for the Sat night. TBC now on eFests. It'll probably be Jack White before hand too. Elbow before Arcade Fire and Black Keys on prior to Kasabian.

Skrillex to headline Other on the Fri it seems, Pixies on the Sat and Massive Attack on Sun. Dolly Parton will likely do the Legends slot. Disclosure and Lana Del Rey headliners for West Holts. James Blake headlining The Park on the Sunday, I'd envisage Mogwai probably doing a night up there too. MGMT to do JP Tent.

Still a lorryload to be confirmed. Wild Beasts, The Horrors etc.

I'm more than content with the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kasabian are pretty poor headliners for Glastonbury imo.

Saw them before at Sziget and they were really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

This irks me, if Kasabian aren't your bag (they certainly aren't mine) then go to another stage, Massive Attack will be on at the same time on the Other, James Blake is playing the Park that night too. There will be something on West Holts (maybe Disclosure) and JP too. Plenty of choice.

It's not always about the 3 headliners, granted, they are significant, but one could argue that Glasto has, at a stretch, 9, maybe 10 headliners this year. I can't think of another festival this summer that has such a diverse lineup.

Playing on Glastonburys third stage is a bigger deal than most other festivals main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Hey guys, I'm thinking of chancing my arm at the resale and seeing if I can get lucky. I would be getting the bus from Swansea, I have a mate living there. Just wondering if any lads who attended before could give some hints and tips on what kinda budget you would want to be bringing with you? I'm thinking of going from the Wednesday to the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

LickiRake wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of chancing my arm at the resale and seeing if I can get lucky. I would be getting the bus from Swansea, I have a mate living there. Just wondering if any lads who attended before could give some hints and tips on what kinda budget you would want to be bringing with you? I'm thinking of going from the Wednesday to the Sunday!

Last year I brought £350 for the festival and all the food and booze I brought in with me.

I spend about £100 on drink, food and whatever festival essentials I bought on the way so had £50 a day left for the festival which was plenty. You can get a very decent meal for £6-8 and pints are around £4 I think.

I think I brought home some cash, its better to have some sterling left over for getting out of Glastonbury. The que for the ATMs on site can be very long especially on Sunday.

Best of luck in the re-sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I'm voting for Foo fighters!!!!

Advertisement