Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Woop Woop!!!!! got a ticket (I think have a ref no. but confirmation mail) ecstatic!!

Anyone else get an email confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Woop Woop!!!!! got a ticket (I think have a ref no. but confirmation mail) ecstatic!!

Anyone else get an email confirmation?

I haven't got my confirmation email yet but I read it can take up to 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Yay! I'm fecking delighted for ye's! Fat frog we have to have that drinkie. Roll on June

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Yay! I'm fecking delighted for ye's! Fat frog we have to have that drinkie. Roll on June

OOOOooo yes!! :D

T'is fierce quiet in here for a resale day! Boring the friends with talk of Glasto.

So anyone up for a meet up there for a drinkie? When is everyone getting there? I'm going to be camping up on Thursday lunch time.

• Advertisement

T'is fierce quiet in here for a resale day! Boring the friends with talk of Glasto.

So anyone up for a meet up there for a drinkie? When is everyone getting there? I'm going to be camping up on Thursday lunch time.

Just got the confirmation mail! Actually have butterflies!
    So mincey your busing it from Liverpool, what time to u need to leave da pool at to get there for lunch time?
    Just looking at ferries there slightly awkward for times.

I take it getting there any later than lunch time Thursday is a no no??

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Just got the confirmation mail! Actually have butterflies!
    So mincey your busing it from Liverpool, what time to u need to leave da pool at to get there for lunch time?
    Just looking at ferries there slightly awkward for times.

I take it getting there any later than lunch time Thursday is a no no??

I've to get the 7am bus! It hurts so much to have to be up at that hour.
    I've been assured that getting there for lunchtime on Thursday will be grand, once we get there before all the office workers arriving in the evening.
    When are you thinking of heading and how are you getting there? Still waiting for the bus times so not booking anything just yet. Half thinking of getting the ferry over so I don't have to worry about size of bag and weight issues.
    Buying my tent in Liverpool on the wednesday, get an early night and let the good times roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Jesus yeah it is super quiet here for such a big day, I have an excuse though, had my first glastonbury practice session of the year, and it has taken me until 5 PM to get my **** together, think I need more practice!!

Congrats to everyone who got a ticket and probably managed to leave half their finger on the F5 button while in the process!

I'm up for a boards.ie meet up, think it would be class actually. I'm hoping to arrive Wednesday about 9am into the camper east field, so any stage after the suits me.

Bring on the party I say!!

~Theres an eFestival meet up in the Avalon Cafe on the Thursday at 6pm. What ye reckon we just meet at that?
    I'm going to buy a carnation and stick it in my hat for recognisable reeasons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

~Theres an eFestival meet up in the Avalon Cafe on the Thursday at 6pm. What ye reckon we just meet at that?
    I'm going to buy a carnation and stick it in my hat for recognisable reeasons.

A carnation may not survive the weather so go for the more durable version:
    http://www.newdelhistore.hk/carnation%20milk.jpg

• Advertisement

Ha ha yeah ok yeah that sounds good as long as everyone here that want to go will be on site.

So who's in?

Me
    Mince pie

robinph wrote: »
    A carnation may not survive the weather so go for the more durable version:
    http://www.newdelhistore.hk/carnation%20milk.jpg

Lol, was thinking more like hideous plastic jobby from a euro store. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Talk about major faux pas - I got back from hols late Sat night and had the resale set as a reminder on my phone. For some reason the phone had gone to "do not disturb" mode during the holiday.

Bottom line is I missed the resale - looking at the posts above, did most who tried end up getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Were the tickets difficult to get in the resale on Sunday? I managed to get one in the 'coach and ticket' resale on Thursday evening. Was happy as presumed the resale on Sunday would be mayhem..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It sold out within about 10 minutes.

I was trying for 3 tickets but didn't get the page up until about 8 minutes past, by that point though the person who I was actually trying to get tickets for had managed to get through themselves and had it all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

they sold out in roughly 15 mins. I wasn't trying but although there were still plenty of unlucky ones, there also seemed to be a lot of satisfied customers over on Efestivals forum ...

Will there be any further opportunities?

Chelon wrote: »
    Will there be any further opportunities?

For tickets?

Yes there will be a couple of 'secret sale's following the cut off point for a refund on May 9th. Start following @glastowatch on twitter, set up alerts for it and you should be kept in the loop. Good luck with it.

Myself and a mate were trying, I had two laptops going in my gaff F5'in, he had just one. He gave me a call after 5 min saying he got in (he said he just let the page auto refresh). As I was talking on the phone I stopped hitting F5 he was going through the booking, another 5 minutes or so I noticed one of my laptops had brought up the input screen. I started filling in just to be sure, then I noticed the second laptop was also in!! At that stage my friend had the transaction finished so I just closed mine.
    So seems letting the page auto refresh is the way to go!!

If anyone is thinking about booking a ferry with stena to bring their car/camper or even as a foot passenger here is a code that will get you 20% off your fare.

If you are booking a car/camper or something there is a great offer on at the moment that gets the second person on for free so combined with this code B210 I managed to save €140.

I think the code expires May 15th, the second person free offer finished on May 26th.

• Advertisement

foolelle wrote: »
    For tickets?

Yes there will be a couple of 'secret sale's following the cut off point for a refund on May 9th. Start following @glastowatch on twitter, set up alerts for it and you should be kept in the loop. Good luck with it.

Thanks I'll try that. Sounds like 100% success so far judging by posts above, even though it sold out in 12 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Hi Folks,
    Similarly to the above, none of my mates were able to get tickets in the resale so now I'm the only one with a ticket. I'm still thinking of going, it would be amazing no doubt.
    We had been hoping to get a campervan if we all got a ticket but now I've left it late and am looking at my options, solo.
    On that note, does anyone know any bus companies that are selling tickets from Dublin to Glasto? I've emailed one company I found on the web, but they are full up and will only put on an extra bus if there is sufficient interest.
    Thanks for any help
    D

You don't want to be spending that long on a bus, really not fun.

Best options are:
    Fly to Bristol, then taxi to site with other people you meet on the plane or get the Bristol Flyer coach into the city and then on one of the buses from the bus station.
    Or get ferry/ train to Bristol and then get the bus from Bristol as above, or carry on the train to Castle Cary where they then have buses to take you to the site.

As for if you should still go on your own, yes. Just go with a sociable head on and meet loads of people and have fun. I've not gone totally solo, but by far the best Glastos have been when there was only a couple of us and you meet so many more people and see so much more stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Thanks robinph, I'll check that option out. I've travelled on my own before in my 20s, just a bit out of practice. I thought the bus option would be literally an A to B simplistic way of getting there, the downside being, a day on a bus (if there had been one).

robinph wrote: »
    At least it's not Coldplay then. :)

Don't even mention their name!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

foolelle wrote: »
    Don't even mention their name!

Don't think that was ever a risk, thank God!

BananaR wrote: »
    Don't think that was ever a risk, thank God!

true but its just the name that makes me shudder! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

One of the Biggest selling bands in the world at the moment, who's never played Glasto before?

I guess that rules out Oasis, who've played before, and Fleetwood Mac or Stone Roses as they'd hardly be one of the biggest selling at the moment. Also, he said "band", so no Prince.

Could only be Metallica, as far as I can see. Or maybe One Direction?

Advertisement