Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The sites that are left on Thursday are usually the best for staying out of the mud as they are all up on big hills. The problem with that is they're all on big hills and its painful to have to get to them after a hard day/night out and about. The drainage was fixed since 2005 where any scary flooded campsite photos will be from. As long as you're not camping right on the side of a walkway you should be fine mudwise. When you arrive they'll tell you what's still got space and send you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

kasabian will own the pyramid stage seriously fantastic live band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Twitter awash! Line up announcement at 7pm this evening folks! Bring it on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Yip, just reading a loada posts on eFests. My current understanding of things is that it's tonight, but maybe later than 7pm (the Y Not festival is making their announcement at 7).

Anyway, here's hoping. Looking forward to a few surprises and how the Park/William's Green lineups are shaping up. Been to Glasto once before and didn't make it to the Park, that is shameful.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Yip, just reading a loada posts on eFests. My current understanding of things is that it's tonight, but maybe later than 7pm (the Y Not festival is making their announcement at 7).

Anyway, here's hoping. Looking forward to a few surprises and how the Park/William's Green lineups are shaping up. Been to Glasto once before and didn't make it to the Park, that is shameful.

Reading the same and Neil announced it! Not sure what time but I will be stuck to my laptop when I get home! think it will be takeaway tonight if I can even eat with the excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I won't even see the lineup if it's any later than 7:30. Off to see Wild Beasts and first chance I'll get to check will be after 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Please be Metallica, Please be Metallica. If it is the Foo Fighters I am going to be majorly p1ssed off.

Please be Foo Fighters, Please be Foo Fighters. If it is Metallica I am going to be majorly p1ssed off.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

the2014pstrfllpng.png

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gazzer wrote: »
    Please be Metallica, Please be Metallica. If it is the Foo Fighters I am going to be majorly p1ssed off.

Guess you're gonna be happy with that then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

\m/ >_< \m/

Some nice other additions too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

the2014pstrfllpng.png

John Peel line up pretty good (apart from Kaiser chiefs)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

something for everyone there!!

I'm happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Young Fathers!

I'm pretty delighted, will probably spend a lot of time at John Peel and The Parks stage.
    Not really bothered about the Pyramid but will deffo be checking out Jack White so its on peeps!!
    Next month! Pray to the weather gods from here on out for sun!

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'm pretty delighted, will probably spend a lot of time at John Peel and The Parks stage.
    Not really bothered about the Pyramid but will deffo be checking out Jack White so its on peeps!!
    Next month! Pray to the weather gods from here on out for sun!

Arrrgg too many to choose from, defo going to be some really tough clashes. Arcade fire a must see for me with their new album, like Elbow but seen them a few times. Rodrigo Y Gabriela would be nice on a sunny afternoon sitting on the grass

X2 acts seen before and was pleasantly by; Ed Sheeran & 1975 (They were much heavier than their poppy 'Chocolate')

Play it by ear and wander I think! No way I'm going to able to catch everything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

why the **** are people moaning bout metallica headlining???? sure arctic monkeys did, beyonce, and jay z ffs :roll eyes: Metallica have been around years , and they fu*king deserve it too !!! Arctic monkeys aren't sh*T by any matter but they haven't been around long enough or did what metallica has done for them to qualify for them to headline, i say fcuk everyones crap about metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Cause I was secretly hoping it had all been a metallica bluff and the original 'rumours' of Fleetwood Mac was true ;-) more I look at line up more excited I am though...Metallica might be only pyramid I'd see can't wait to wander....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've seen Metallica 25 times or so and have found them to be a bit stale live lately, but for those at Glasto who'll be seeing them for the first time i guarantee they'll be blown away

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I'm delighted Metallica are headlining,def goin to be one of my highlights.i'm a bit surprised that The War On Drugs are playing the Pyramid.I was hoping to see them somewhere like on The Park Stage.Overall I thinks it's a great lineup.

• Advertisement

Not intimidating at all!!:eek:

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Not intimidating at all!!:eek:

Theres an app where you can put in a postcode (granted its for the UK) to show how big it is compared to towns and cities. Its bigger than Chester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Matallica playing is no different to U2 being there these days is it?

I'm starting to second guess my ability to fly carry on only. Never did it before but gotta watch the pennies (or more accurately the SIXTY EURO!). I know ditching the tent pegs is going to have to be done and I'll just buy some in Bristol (I believe the festival only sells biodegradable ones). I've a super light tent (1.9kg) which has scandium aluminum poles in it. They're really dinky feeling but I'm worried they might stop it going on. Anyone had problems with non-plastic tent poles?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Theres an app where you can put in a postcode (granted its for the UK) to show how big it is compared to towns and cities. Its bigger than Chester.

And then even scarier is the population density for Glastonbury is going to be about three times that of Chester as well. A lot of people living on top of each other for a week, but all still managing to have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Absolutely delighted with the line-up. So much quality and variety across all stages. The clashes and potential decisions to make will be tough.
    :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guess you're gonna be happy with that then ;)

I certainly am. I was looking at the line up for West Holts, Park Stage and John Peel and I only know 3 of the acts playing :confused:

So far I am planning to see:
    Metallica, Kasabian, Dolly Parton, Elbow, Ed Sheeran, Lana Del Ray, Manic Street Preachers, Blondie, Kodaline, John Newman, Sam Smith, Bryan Ferry, Goldfrapp, Kaiser Chiefs, Suzanne Vega, Alison Moyet, Richie Hawtin and Hazel O'Connor.

I need to suss out a LOT of the other acts I have never heard off. Plenty of time between now and June 27th though.

I was hoping Riptide Movement and The Strypes would be playing. Ah well there is enough to keep me going.

Really hoping some of the times get altered cos this John Grant/Pixies/Jack White mega clash is making me cry.

http://clashfinder.com/s/g2014/

They'll just be using the slots from previous years and guessing from the poster order when bands are playing at the moment. I wouldn't worry too much yet. Thing is the festival is huge and stage hoping is a waste of time so be prepared to make sacrifices. Assume at least 30 mins to get between stages and allow extra time if its something popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Site map is up

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/data/image/fineguidemap-2014v1.png

Not embedding cause the fcukers huge :pac:

Advertisement