Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Just registered my hubby and me. What are the chances. I would give a less favoured body part to go to Glastonbury.

What day are the tickets out.... And can you part pay?

Right, you can pay a deposit of 50 sterling if you can get through to getting a ticket. There's a window of about 3-4 weeks sometime in May where you can pay the rest as far as I can remember.

As for actually trying to get the tickets themselves? Well, the more people you have trying, the better. If you have nobody else going you may want to try to arrange a few people who are also trying to get tickets to try as a group. you can buy up to eight tickets so if you had 6 other people trying with you and you were also trying for them, then you might have a better chance.

I had a PC, a laptop, a netbook connected through phone data and phone itself trying. But don't despair, you have every chance of getting tickets. I managed to get tickets for the last four Glastos and my friends managed to get tickets for 8 or 9 years in a row.

The main thing is to get registered, make sure you have ALL your details correct (you need to have your reg number AND your postcode when you get through so remember if you put NONE or zeros or whatever. Cut and paste them onto notepad on the day or something)

Good luck.

As for lineup? Who knows at this stage. Elbow were great in 2011 and I'd say they'd do a great headline. They certainly got the crowd going, even moreso than their followon act (U2)!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

What's the story with selling tickets then? As in surely there'll be some people who buy tickets but then can't go.

Are there designated dates for returned/cancelled tickets to be re-released?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's the story with selling tickets then? As in surely there'll be some people who buy tickets but then can't go.

Are there designated dates for returned/cancelled tickets to be re-released?
    yep, around April or May from what i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Daft Punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Daft Punk?

They've played Glastonbury before. They'd be a fantastic headliner though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As said id be amazed if Fleetwood Mac were not one of the headliners

Most bookies are offering them at 33/1 I woulda thought they would be meself but given that Pink Floyd,David Bowie,Black Sabbath, and even reformed Oasis and Led Zep are at 25/1 it would seem to suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Balls, I didn't reaslise it would be so cut throat and I don't have a "gang" to work in tandom with. Just me. :(

Is there any point trying to get a Boards 'gang' together for buying tickets or would it be a bit of a logistical nightmare?

I'll be buying for 2 when they go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

so
    Is there any point trying to get a Boards 'gang' together for buying tickets or would it be a bit of a logistical nightmare?

I'll be buying for 2 when they go on sale.

I think in theory its a great idea but you would have to have a trust thing there as well. As in whoever gets through would have to pay the deposits. I'm assuming you would have to be in contact on the morning to call and say you've gotten through and to then give registration numbers etc.
    I might need 3 tickets. Waiting on two friends to get back to me to let me know if they want to go for it. So potentially if I got through I could get 5 more tickets. I wouldn't have the money to pay for them though. Cos purchasing 8 tickets would mean having about €550 in my account.

So unless you had the same bank for an instant transfer of cash it would be a bit of a nightmare. I'm not sure how to go about it to be honest but I'd be willing to consider it if there was a solution?

You don't need a group in any case. I got a pair of tickets last year on my tod - and while it was skin-of-the-teeth stuff (10 minutes before they sold out), once I'd got to one ticket screen, I managed to get to more in other windows (I was using two computers with three browser windows in each, and 3G on the phone). In theory I'd have had three opportunities to buy.

So does that mean I can have Chrome and Explorer open on the laptop and Chrome and Mozilla open on the PC at the same time? I'm not great with computery stuff.

• Advertisement

So does that mean I can have Chrome and Explorer open on the laptop and Chrome and Mozilla open on the PC at the same time? I'm not great with computery stuff.

It does, but you don't need multiple browser applications - just multiple open windows in the applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

alastair wrote: »
    You don't need a group in any case. I got a pair of tickets last year on my tod - and while it was skin-of-the-teeth stuff (10 minutes before they sold out), once I'd got to one ticket screen, I managed to get to more in other windows (I was using two computers with three browser windows in each, and 3G on the phone). In theory I'd have had three opportunities to buy.

Oh lord - this is going to be some morning. Any idea yet on what day in October tickets will be on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

jamieh wrote: »

So the vital info from that

Thursday 03 Oct 2013 at 18:00 limited coach and bus tickets go on sale

Sunday 06 Oct 2013 at 09:00 main tickets go on sale.

Festival-goers must be registered via the official registration page by September 30, on which day registration will close until after October 6.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can you only pay by credit card?

I would assume you can pay by visa debit.

I would assume you can pay by visa debit.

Hope so ha , Got a text off a friend who said you can only pay buy CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Guys, how long does it take for the registration to complete.

I registered myself and the girlfriend Monday night around 10.30pm. I received the initial email but have not received the official confirmation (registration number) yet.

I know it says wait up to 24 working hours. Anybody waiting this long?

I am not sure how it is for people living outside the UK, but over here you can only pay by debit card.

I got my registration number straight away but it depends on the photo you upload I guess and how busy they are. A friend tried and had to wait for a reply and a rejected photo, so will have to try again.

• Advertisement

They must have been busy.

Just received confirmation emails with registration numbers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Has anyone done glastonbury by themselves? Its definately one to tick off the bucket list for me but my mates are useless for this type of thing...the idea of having to uplaod a photo would be too much for the lazy feckers. Eitehr that or theyd claim theyll definaley go and do nothing about it.

Has there ever been a boards group going over or anything like that? I'd go by myself, just seems a bit daunting.

df1985 wrote: »
    Has anyone done glastonbury by themselves? Its definately one to tick off the bucket list for me but my mates are useless for this type of thing...the idea of having to uplaod a photo would be too much for the lazy feckers. Eitehr that or theyd claim theyll definaley go and do nothing about it.

Has there ever been a boards group going over or anything like that? I'd go by myself, just seems a bit daunting.

I've always gone on my own, the last 5 Glastonburys so far. Some years I have met up with work people, other years I have just met random people. Most are friendly, and if somebody is not just move on as there are around 200,000 people including workers there for the 5 days :D

df1985 wrote: »

I'm planning on going myself for the same reason. If they get their act together all the better but I'm not missing out. Bucket list ticking for me next year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

This post has been deleted.

Depends what you want. Glastonbury is massive and it really isn't the best setup to get the most amount of bands in to the smallest amount of time unless your tastes are very broad and you don't mind missing your favourite band on the other side of the site for a random ukulele poet duo that has taken your interest on the way there.

If all you want is lots of campsite booze followed by couple of headliners and a few djs till late... you can do that in Glastonbury but you will have completely wasted being there. You'll also probably hate the size stopping you seeing everything on the lineup.

If you like going off on your own and just finding crazy things then you'll love it. Think a much bigger broader Body and Soul from EP mixed in with about ten other festivals (that's not an exaggeration).

Yea gonna be though to grab tickets :(

Most of those are existing registrations - I've been pre-registered for a number of years, same as many - who don't necessarily end up chasing tickets on the day. There's also many multiple registrations on the back of forgotten passwords etc. It sounds daunting, but your odds of scoring a ticket(s) on the day are actually not that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

How have people traveled from Ireland to this in the past ?

I presume car and ferry or flying to the likes of Bristol are the main options ?

If anyone has any guides/links or advice I'd be grateful :)

Advertisement