Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's showing as 0% on all of my orders, which is most possible variations of ticket class and the deposit and balance payments. Have a selection of different reference numbers for the various tickets that I co-ordinated for different people in different ways. Payments for single ticket, single ticket plus campervan, multiple tickets on one balance payment and international tickets and all being sent to a complicated sequence of different addresses. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

gazzer wrote: »
    Is anybody waiting until they get to Glastonbury before they buy a tent? I dont fancy carrying my 6 man tent around so was thinking of just getting a 3 man tent there for me and my mate when we arrive.

You can get away with doing that, assuming that you arrive on the Wednesday. If you arrive after that you may be unlucky with getting a choice of stuff. I believe that in previous years it has been possible to place an advance order with the Millets on site for your kit and then you just go along and pick it up from their shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

robinph wrote: »
    You can get away with doing that, assuming that you arrive on the Wednesday. If you arrive after that you may be unlucky with getting a choice of stuff. I believe that in previous years it has been possible to place an advance order with the Millets on site for your kit and then you just go along and pick it up from their shop.

Thanks. Will be arriving at around lunchtime on the Wednesday. Id rather just buy a cheap tent and then give it to one of the charities that collect the tents on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Cian_M wrote: »
    Anyone else think that with the probable libertines reunion coming up, that the saturday headliner could be the albion boys?
    yeah they haven't performed since 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Thanks. Will be arriving at around lunchtime on the Wednesday. Id rather just buy a cheap tent and then give it to one of the charities that collect the tents on the Monday.

Have to say that's a rather poor attitude to be going over with.

http://www.agreenerfestival.com/2013/02/glastonbury-flags-up-dumped-tents-issue/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 catsa17

Yeah that charity tent thing is complete myth. Love the farm, leave no trace!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Depending on how you are going to the festival you'd be as well getting the tent from a shop en route. Wells is usually the best detour if going from the Airport direct. If you are going via Bristol then there are plenty of shops there too. Tents left erected usually just get bulldozed. You might get someone to take a tent you've taken down and packed up but most likely it'll be someone wanting to sell it on ebay for a few free pints rather than a charity. Festival tents degrade surprisingly quick if left in the sun so they are useless for relief or other temporary housing use that people seem to think charities might want them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

They did do it previously but I don't think Millets has had a presence on site for the last 2 festivals. Cosy camper still does it though. Their website is down at the moment, but when back up you should be able to place your order, pay and collect at the festival.

http://www.cosycamper.co.uk/

Have to say that's a rather poor attitude to be going over with.

http://www.agreenerfestival.com/2013/02/glastonbury-flags-up-dumped-tents-issue/

When I was there 4 years ago a local Scout organisation was taking tents from people who did not want them. I figured I would give it to them if they were around this time. If not I will find somebody to take it. I am not going to just dump it though. I will pack it up and will give it to somebody.

Toast wrote: »
    Depending on how you are going to the festival you'd be as well getting the tent from a shop en route. Wells is usually the best detour if going from the Airport direct. If you are going via Bristol then there are plenty of shops there too. Tents left erected usually just get bulldozed. You might get someone to take a tent you've taken down and packed up but most likely it'll be someone wanting to sell it on ebay for a few free pints rather than a charity. Festival tents degrade surprisingly quick if left in the sun so they are useless for relief or other temporary housing use that people seem to think charities might want them for.

We are getting picked up from the airport and getting brought straight to the festival. I would have loved to book one of the tents in Worthy farm but they are sold out.

• Advertisement

Wells is en route and has a large Tesco. It is a good idea to stop there for supplies anyway. The Tesco will probably have some basic tents or a quick search finds this place.

When I was there 4 years ago a local Scout organisation was taking tents from people who did not want them. I figured I would give it to them if they were around this time. If not I will find somebody to take it. I am not going to just dump it though. I will pack it up and will give it to somebody.

Give it to who exactly?

Give it to who exactly?

A fellow festival goer who might make use of it and who can pack it in their car and bring home.

Toast wrote: »
    Wells is en route and has a large Tesco. It is a good idea to stop there for supplies anyway. The Tesco will probably have some basic tents or a quick search finds this place.

Great idea. We will be stopping somewhere for supplies so that would be a good choice. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

My ticket has just arrived!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I only have an eTicket cos I have a coach package but still looking at it constantly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

With the whole will I/won't I, get tickets, missing out the first round etc. it's a bit surreal for me, think I'll get properly excited when I EVENTUALLY see the ticket!! Hold it in my hands, pet it, stroke it..... ;)

Looks like there will be some happy Aphex Twin fans!

http://www.wanging.com/party/party.html

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Looks like there will be some happy Aphex Twin fans!

http://www.wanging.com/party/party.html
    That'll be ace, if near impossible to get into. But I'll try, oh how I'll try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

is there any possible way i can tickets to this now? say if i could afford to pay well over face value. i see none on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

is there any possible way i can tickets to this now? say if i could afford to pay well over face value. i see none on ebay
    Sarcasm?

Pray for another resale but other than that no. Well not unless is incredibly risky buying off someone. I wouldn't chance it.
    Or try and see if you can get some volunteer work.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Pray for another resale but other than that no. Well not unless is incredibly risky buying off someone. I wouldn't chance it.
    Or try and see if you can get some volunteer work.

And not unless you are already registered as registration is closed afaik

It's a massive risk buying a ticket for Glastonbury if it's not registered to you. If the photo doesn't match or if you can't prove that you're the person on the ticket then you will be turned away. I saw it happen to a few people last year and it wasn't pleasent.

My ticket arrived this morning. Happy days!

My ticket arrived this morning. Happy days!

getting impatient for mine now. It was posted on Monday already! Am having mine delivered to work and today is my last day till next weds.....I really really want it to arrive today!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 catsa17

Tickets are here, phew! Was worried they'd be delayed as I have a CV ticket with mine. Very happy :)

BananaR wrote: »
    getting impatient for mine now. It was posted on Monday already! Am having mine delivered to work and today is my last day till next weds.....I really really want it to arrive today!!!!

I'm expecting another 3 at least to be delivered to the same address, and none of those ones have been dispatched yet.

Word of advice.. if there is no one to sign for your ticket it'll get sent back to your An Post depot with a "we called but you weren't here" note left for you. I think the holding time is only 5 days for registered letters. Keep an eye on junk mail and the like ESPECIALLY around election time that the notice of delivery isn't being thrown away with them. It is just a single flyer sized sheet easily overlooked. If you miss the ticket it gets sent back to the UK and you will have to pick it up at the box office at the festival which is an annoying additional queue you'd be best avoiding.

• Advertisement

I'm expecting another 3 at least to be delivered to the same address, and none of those ones have been dispatched yet.

There's 4 of us on the one booking + campervan ticket. Just wish they would get here, then I can really believe its true :)

Advertisement