Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

The festival website has been redesigned and updated with lots of info about the various fringe and late night areas for 2014. There are lots of new names in there if you take the time to have a browse. Personally I'm super excited about the Beat Hotel line up. Genosys, NYC Downlow and the Acid Lounge have some nice bookings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

That Beat Hotel lineup is mouthwatering, hope to get to Four Tet b2b Joe Goddard and Jamie XX b2b John Talabot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

robinph wrote: »
    My ticket arrived this morning. Happy days!

Were they delivered by An Post or another service (DHL etc).

Mine were posted Friday and still waiting on them!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Were they delivered by An Post or another service (DHL etc).

Mine were posted Friday and still waiting on them!!

Royal Mail signed for. I got emailed a tracking number the evening before.

"If" they are all being sent out by the same method for UK and international tickets then your's should be arriving by An Post. I'm glad they have not used the same dodgy deliver companies in the UK that they used the previous few years though and switched back to regular recorded delivery postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Royal Mail signed for. I got emailed a tracking number the evening before.

"If" they are all being sent out by the same method for UK and international tickets then your's should be arriving by An Post. I'm glad they have not used the same dodgy deliver companies in the UK that they used the previous few years though and switched back to regular recorded delivery postage.

Ya I got the email giving me the Royal Mail tracking number. The tracker says it has been passed to the postal service in Eire for delivery.

I followed up with An Post who said they haven't received it from Royal Mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Webpage change and Line up out!! Whoop

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Toast wrote: »
    Word of advice.. if there is no one to sign for your ticket it'll get sent back to your An Post depot with a "we called but you weren't here" note left for you. I think the holding time is only 5 days for registered letters. Keep an eye on junk mail and the like ESPECIALLY around election time that the notice of delivery isn't being thrown away with them. It is just a single flyer sized sheet easily overlooked. If you miss the ticket it gets sent back to the UK and you will have to pick it up at the box office at the festival which is an annoying additional queue you'd be best avoiding.

I think they only hold international post for 3 working days at the depot. It used to be the case anyway when I had an eBay buying problem. Read the 'we missed you' thing carefully, and go collect it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Mince Pie wrote: »

That's a lot of acts. Anyone who moans about the lineup is just being lazy. Go out and discover something you like.

Blisterman wrote: »
    That's a lot of acts. Anyone who moans about the lineup is just being lazy. Go out and discover something you like.

My problem isn't the line up, its the bloody clashes. So much I want to see! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The Riptide Movement and Hozier are playing :):):):) (Does dance of joy) I dont remember seeing them in the line up a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

hnnnnnng, that lineup. i'd pay €1000 for a guaranteed ticket. damn eavis and his hippy ticket system, embrace capitalism and supply and demand in the aftermarket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Word of advice.. if there is no one to sign for your ticket it'll get sent back to your An Post depot with a "we called but you weren't here" note left for you. I think the holding time is only 5 days for registered letters. Keep an eye on junk mail and the like ESPECIALLY around election time that the notice of delivery isn't being thrown away with them. It is just a single flyer sized sheet easily overlooked. If you miss the ticket it gets sent back to the UK and you will have to pick it up at the box office at the festival which is an annoying additional queue you'd be best avoiding.

**** never thought of that! Didn't realise it was registered post!

gazzer wrote: »
    The Riptide Movement and Hozier are playing :):):):) (Does dance of joy) I dont remember seeing them in the line up a couple of weeks ago.

Where? Haven't been able to absorb it all yet. soooo much to read

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Where? Haven't been able to absorb it all yet. soooo much to read

Both in Acoustic. Hozier Friday & Riptide Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hozier is also on Saturday afternoon which is great news as I'll only be arriving in then

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

My head's fried looking at that. Great way to kick the whole thing off with East India Youth, Max Cooper and Sasha on the Thursday.

Will be nice to ease into the Friday with the Special Guests (mon down Thom and Co) and The War On Drugs.

Hope to squeeze in Jon Hopkins on the Saturday night (that's if he doesn't clash with Metallica, missus desperately wants to see them and I'm intrigued more than anything).

The Sunday has a decent look about things, from Dolly to The Horrors, St Vincent, Bonobo and finish it with MA.

Annnnnnd...relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Most of the acts I want to see are playing on Saturday. There is going to be some serious clashes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Handy little walk time guide
    FLGkSM6.jpg

Couple of things have changed around this year so maybe not completely accurate though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I love the geekyness that someone went to the bother of figuring all that out, but that they have makes me sad inside. :(

The time it takes to get from interesting thing over here in Glastonbury to interesting thing over there is as long as it takes, and you're better off going the long way round.

I have done those distances a lot quicker though, with getting from the farm, to they Pyramid, past the meeting point, along to the Stone Circle and back up to the farm again in just over 18 minutes, so their calculations might be a bit off. :D
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/399389673
    I did win a prize for doing that though from Sir Eavis of Pilton:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153417431820290

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I love the geekyness that someone went to the bother of figuring all that out, but that they have makes me sad inside. :(

The time it takes to get from interesting thing over here in Glastonbury to interesting thing over there is as long as it takes, and you're better off going the long way round.

I have done those distances a lot quicker though, with getting from the farm, to they Pyramid, past the meeting point, along to the Stone Circle and back up to the farm again in just over 18 minutes, so their calculations might be a bit off. :D
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/399389673
    I did win a prize for doing that though from Sir Eavis of Pilton:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153417431820290

Ha, that's pretty cool. Do they run that race every year? My experience of Glastonbury is that it's best to just pick one or two things a day that you really want to see and then just go with the flow after that. It's not the type of festival that's conducive to stage-hopping as it's just too bloody big.

• Advertisement

Sandwell wrote: »
    Ha, that's pretty cool. Do they run that race every year?
    Was the first year they did it this year I think. I'll hopefully be able to make it again next year and will be aiming for the win. :D
    Sandwell wrote: »
    My experience of Glastonbury is that it's best to just pick one or two things a day that you really want to see and then just go with the flow after that. It's not the type of festival that's conducive to stage-hopping as it's just too bloody big.

Totally agree. There is some n00bies with me this year and they have been looking at the lineup trying to figure out who they can see when and if they can get from there to here to thingumy to there for each act.

Best advice for Glastonbury is "get lost".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Was the first year they did it this year I think. I'll hopefully be able to make it again next year and will be aiming for the win. :D

Totally agree. There is some n00bies with me this year and they have been looking at the lineup trying to figure out who they can see when and if they can get from there to here to thingumy to there for each act.

Best advice for Glastonbury is "get lost".

Ha I did that last year (first Glasto). Had a plan all made out for the weekend using clashfinder. Ha saw 2 of the bands I wanted to see on that list! The rest was spent just wandering around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2 figgyg78

Hi, I'll be landing in Bristol Airport on Wednesday 25th at 18.40pm . Just wondering if anyone is landing around the same time to share a taxi to the site? Taxi for 4 is £55.00. Thanks !

Aer Lingus 17.30 flight from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What's everyone bringing food wise? Bringing absolutely nothing!!
    I know some have romantic money saving notions of bringing a gas cooker and food to cook "Save a fortune!!" But I've found this to be completely untrue in the past, you spent allot of time cooking, stuck to the food you bring, trek back to camp when hungry and really is it an cheaper??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Fatfrog wrote: »
    What's every bringing food wise? Bringing absolutely nothing!!
    I know some have romantic money saving notion of bringing a gas cooker and food to cook "Save a fortune!!" But I've found this to be completely untrue in the past, you spent allot of time cooking, stuck to the food you bring, trek back to camp when hungry and really is it an cheaper??

Last year I brought a lot of my own food and saved a fortune.

I had one "proper" meal per day from the food stalls and the rest was cooked by myself. I brought mainly pasta and sauces from Aldi/Lidl (a few different ones for variety). I had a small gas stove and a couple of canisters spare just in case (important to bring spares because no guarantee that they'll have your type on site). For breakfast, I mainly had cereal bars. For coffee, I boiled my own water and used these

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257023850

I'm doing the same this year.

Another good tip is to bring your own insulated mug and use that to get coffee off the stalls, I found a few of them would give you money off (or something extra) if you did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Bringing gas stove and frozen sausages, rashers, pudding and beans. Only plan to cook breakfast. Eat out after that no plan to slog back to the tent just to cook up dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I don't mind spending food money in Glastonbury. There's enough competition that places don't rip you off with an overcooked sausage and bacon slice in a bap for a tenner ala Oxegen. I found something like an oggie (4.50stg) usually made a good start. The lads at Efestivals never shut up about the Kedgeree from the Goan fish place but I've never managed to make it down there before it is stopped serving at 12.

I don't mind spending food money in Glastonbury. There's enough competition that places don't rip you off with an overcooked sausage and bacon slice in a bap for a tenner ala Oxegen. I found something like an oggie (4.50stg) usually made a good start. The lads at Efestivals never shut up about the Kedgeree from the Goan fish place but I've never managed to make it down there before it is stopped serving at 12.

Don't forget the legendary "Growler" which looks hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Pie Minister all day, every day.

• Advertisement

Advertisement