Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Mince Pie wrote: »

Ohhh interesting....

Ohhh interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Twitter blocked in work...explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sorry, heres the image.

BooOkFWIYAA8Kk9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Pie Minister all day, every day.
    Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Yeh Pie Minister was cute when it was the only option that wasn't an overcooked burger but they're not really all that amazing for the price compared to some other options. Oggies are the deluxe version of the cornish pastie. You get them on the way from the other stage to the dance stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I asked this already - but is there a taxi rank at Glastonbury or would we need to organise one beforehand?

Probably looking to get a cab by 3am - 4am time out Bristol Airport for 8am Monday morning flight back to Dublin

(If anyone is looking to share a taxi / mini bus give me a shout too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I asked this already - but is there a taxi rank at Glastonbury or would we need to organise one beforehand?

Probably looking to get a cab by 3am - 4am time out Bristol Airport for 8am Monday morning flight back to Dublin

(If anyone is looking to share a taxi / mini bus give me a shout too)

Taxis are only allowed to pick up from the Bath + West Showgrounds on Monday morning. You'll need to get a bus from the site to the pick up point.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Taxis are only allowed to pick up from the Bath + West Showgrounds on Monday morning. You'll need to get a bus from the site to the pick up point.

Oh right - thanks for that.

How far is that from the site? Would there be a queue of taxis or is it pre-booking essential? (If you know at all)

Book a national express for your festival exit. As long as you are there on time for your couch you'll be sorted. Anything that goes via Bath and West adds hours to the trip. It's only about 10 minutes away from the festival normally but any shuttle bus the festival runs seems to take 10 mins to pick up, 40 mins to get to the festival due to traffic on a very small busy road, and another 10 mins to drop off.. it then has to come back because they only ever seem to run the one bus. If you are getting dropped by a taxi.. beg, lie, bribe him to drop you at the festival NOT at Bath and West (they'll be told to drop you at B+W and if the police see them dropping elsewhere they get a bollocking so they maybe reluctant).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Why the posts on the Foos? Is there supposed to be a surprise act?

Opening at for Other Stage on Friday is still TBA so means theres a flurry of speculation. Anything from Prince - Foo's really. Will just have to wait and see but Foo Fighters also said they would be turning up somewhere in the UK but didn't say when or where.

It'll be some hot up and comer that'll get people psyched a bit but not encourage all out bedlam at 12am. The festival has all sorts of crazy crowd control models and it just doesn't fit their method of operation to have someone the size of the Foo Fighters running pretty much unchallenged that early in the day.

Always worth reposting:

http://glastomap.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Always worth reposting:

http://glastomap.com/

Oh, clever, they have gone and photo shopped Arcadia into it's new area.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Watching the Hard Rock Calling highlights and watching Kasabians set makes me jealous . Anyone who is gonna go see them ye are in for a treat

Watching the Hard Rock Calling highlights and watching Kasabians set makes me jealous . Anyone who is gonna go see them ye are in for a treat

Might check it out cos givng Kasabian a big swerve at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Might check it out cos givng Kasabian a big swerve at the moment

I guarantee you'll love them. Saw them in Cork two weeks ago and they blew my mind, incredible gig. So much energy and cracking anthems!!

I'd seen them twice before and they keep getting better.

On another note, my Glastonbury excitement is beginning to hit some high levels. This time 3 weeks I'm hoping to be sipping a few beers, nice breakfast and enjoying the atmosphere as people arrive!!:D:D

This time 3 weeks I will no doubt on route to the stone circle for that customary first sight of the festival site. It'll probably take me half the day to get there but I will be leaving the camper field around now. :)

Everytime Glastonbury pops into my head I can't help but have massive huge smile on my face, on the train now and am gettin some pretty weird looks listen to the Spotify play list head boppin and smiling to myself. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

We'll just be in and around Bristol at this point, gathering bits and pieces from Tesco and ramping the expectancy levels up a notch or two.

Clashfinder has Jon Hopkins down as clashing with Pixies, now that's just rude.

Still holding out for a Future Islands appearance.

• Advertisement

I'd say this time 3 weeks I will have been distracted by something very interesting and colourful in the circus field,....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

This time in three weeks I'll hopefully have woken from my cider induced coma after watching some overpaid idiots kick a ball around in Brazil the night before on a portable TV screen in the campervan field. Will then meander down the hill and join the queue to get in and hope I've carried enough cider with me to last the duration of getting through the gate.

Timings out and time to go forth and clash find!!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2014/?stage

No more Pixies and Jack White clash!

This time three weeks I'll have already been there for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This time 3 weeks ill have been reminded how strong the local cider it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

***Shameless plug alert***

I'll be playing with The Riptide Movement on the Saturday @13.20 in the Acoustic tent. Would be good to see some boards support there! I know Hozier is also on at the same time but you can also catch him @13.20 on the Friday ;)

***End of Shameless plug***

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RIPTIDE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

thunderdog wrote: »
    ***Shameless plug alert***

I'll be playing with The Riptide Movement on the Saturday @13.20 in the Acoustic tent. Would be good to see some boards support there! I know Hozier is also on at the same time but you can also catch him @13.20 on the Friday ;)

***End of Shameless plug***

See you there my friend!! I'll bring along the rest of my group aswell! Great Irish band, new album is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

See you there my friend!! I'll bring along the rest of my group aswell! Great Irish band, new album is brilliant!!

nice one! Playing with the Coronas the night before in kilmainham so flying straight to Glastonbury on the Sat. Hopefully make it there on time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

thunderdog wrote: »
    nice one! Playing with the Coronas the night before in kilmainham so flying straight to Glastonbury on the Sat. Hopefully make it there on time ;)

What instrument you playing??

Advertisement