Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

We'll be there too!! Riptide are class seen the in vicar st earlier this year class.

Are you playing with them as a guest artist?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This time next week ill be making sure ive every possible programme on glasto recording ha . Its the next best thing i suppose

Did I miss something? Will you not be joining us red?

foolelle wrote: »
    Did I miss something? Will you not be joining us red?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Nope

**** **** forget I said anything!! Sorry man, but I'll have a beer for ya, in fact, you give me a task and I will do it, video it and post it here for all to see, that way you can be part of it all...

• Advertisement

**** **** forget I said anything!! Sorry man, but I'll have a beer for ya, in fact, you give me a task and I will do it, video it and post it here for all to see, that way you can be part of it all...

Ha cheers my good sir . A friend and I were planning on going for tickets in the original sale but due to the fact we ended up going out the night before and we forgot to get up and try to get tickets and then was too broke when it came back to the resale.

Maybe next year when the Foo's headline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

We'll be there too!! Triptide are class seen the in vicar st earlier this year class.

Are you playing with them as a guest artist?

in the brass section. handy gig

For some stupid reason ive been trying to find all the coverage to set to the record for next weekend :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . Totally forgot it wasnt till another 3 weeks ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Very nice smart phone app via glastos twitter page, great timetable layout for the main stages, clashes etc.

"@GlastoFest: Planning your Glastonbury adventures this weekend? Get our free 2014 app: iPhone http://t.co/tHpYAJmyM1 / Android http://t.co/1GOdOnYCKQ"

Deadly! Just noticed Gaz Coombes playing Williams green Friday @4. Not to be missed.

http://youtu.be/dpiEaX4QYn8

• Advertisement

Still no tickets in the post :( ! At what point do I start getting worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Still no tickets in the post :( ! At what point do I start getting worried?

I wouldn't worry just yet.

I received my tickets on Friday 23rd May having received my dispatch email on Monday 19th May. (My tickets went from See Tickets Office to Royal Mail International Base to Dublin and onto Cork).

So based on this timetable, providing you need the tickets to arrive by Friday 20th June, any dispatch email between now and next Monday should see you sorted in plenty time.

FYI: I just checked my See Tickets account and it states that 64% of tickets have been dispatched.

I wouldn't worry just yet.

I received my tickets on Friday 23rd May having received my dispatch email on Monday 19th May. (My tickets went from See Tickets Office to Royal Mail International Base to Dublin and onto Cork).

So based on this timetable, providing you need the tickets to arrive by Friday 20th June, any dispatch email between now and next Monday should see you sorted in plenty time.

FYI: I just checked my See Tickets account and it states that 64% of tickets have been dispatched.

Thanks!
    Strange ?? my see tickets status says 81% dispatched! and has done for the last week??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Strange ?? my see tickets status says 81% dispatched! and has done for the last week??

From reading the "Ticket Dispatched" thread over on E Festivals, the variations in % dispatched seems to be a common issue.

Everybody seems to be getting different readings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Galwayjoe

Am driving over to glasto...Rosslare - Pembroke...on tues
    Holyhead - Dublin .... On mon night back.
    Anyone interested in a lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Anyone got their Worthy view parking ticket in the post yet (for anyone staying there)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Anyone got their Worthy view parking ticket in the post yet (for anyone staying there)?
    I got it the other day, Friday I think.

This time x2 weeks!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They don't seem to popular around here but i tell you one thing for certain, metallica are going to put on one hell of a show at Glasto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Metallica shouldn't be allowed to attend Glastonbury, never mind perform at it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

This'll be interesting. If ye can get in the door.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140613c.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

PadraigOK wrote: »

Very exciting news. The dance line-up this year is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

PadraigOK wrote: »

amazing. Gotta get to this one night

Metallica shouldn't be allowed to attend Glastonbury, never mind perform at it;)

Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Why is that?

In my opinion they are a horrid fit for Glastonbury. Or at least old Glastonbury and what it used to be about.

Glastonbury used to give the big headline slots to big current acts and/or cutting edge acts with crossover appeal. That was part of what made it special. That and the lax security which meant literally anybody could show up. This lead to all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff happening on site and made it a genuine alternative place, full of a real cross section of alternative British society.

The last 10-15 years have seen an erosion of that.

Seeing as at this stage it's just another corporate do, and they've had plenty of dinosaurs,money grasping sell outs and other wholly innapropriate acts I suppose it's fine.

Also Metallica are absolute garbage.

In my opinion they are a horrid fit for Glastonbury. Or at least old Glastonbury and what it used to be about.

Glastonbury used to give the big headline slots to big current acts and/or cutting edge acts with crossover appeal. That was part of what made it special. That and the lax security which meant literally anybody could show up. This lead to all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff happening on site and made it a genuine alternative place, full of a real cross section of alternative British society.

The last 10-15 years have seen an erosion of that.

Seeing as at this stage it's just another corporate do, and they've had plenty of dinosaurs,money grasping sell outs and other wholly innapropriate acts I suppose it's fine.

Also Metallica are absolute garbage.
    Old Glastonbury died a long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

They don't seem to popular around here but i tell you one thing for certain, metallica are going to put on one hell of a show at Glasto.

Big time. One of the best live bands of the last 30 years. Still consistently putting in great performances today, not dialling it in like other so called dinosaurs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I recommend anyone going checks out Despacio, saw it in London a few months ago and it was an unbelievable experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Old Glastonbury died a long time ago

Everyone who romanticises about it always forget to mention it was crawling with crime. The go into the tent while you are in there sleeping type.

Advertisement