Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Check in done.
    Camera sorted.
    Coach tickets bought (get drink in town before heading)
    Wellies bought (Just in case...although they are boring wellies....need spray paint)
    All packed.

LETS ROLL!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »

I'm not even looking at INaccuweather.

Im going by yr.no at the moment

Or by whatever says no rain :pac:

Holding out for Countryfile this evening but won't be believing anything till Tuesday. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ha ha yes! Go with the 'rainless' one, can't feckin believe it x2 days of work then off to madness!! Butterflies!!

2 days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Excitement levels have risen significantly over the weekend. Heading over on the ferry from Rosslare tomorrow evening.

How and when are the rest of ye heading over?

Ryanair flight at 6:30 wednesday for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Ryainair flight at 6:30am Thursday.

3 of us on the flight so if anyone looking for taxi share let me know.

• Advertisement

Heading to Liverpool tomorrow night, shopping for last bits and booze on Wednesday then catch the coach at 7am on thursday morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Getting the boat over from Rosslare on Wednesday morning. Should hopefully be on site sometime late on Wednesday afternoon. Ridiculously excited now. It's going to be a very unproductive couple of days in work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

About to go and fill the campervan up with diesel and cider, only 24 hours to go and then will be a short drive down to the site. Have some how missed a bit of the usual excitement due to other things going on in life, but can feel it building now. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone camp in Kidney Mead before? thinking heading that way since Arcadia got moved up beside Pennards.

Toast wrote: »
    Anyone camp in Kidney Mead before? thinking heading that way since Arcadia got moved up beside Pennards.

Camped there in 2011 about 3/4 up. Was grand for the most part, did get very crowded as more pople arrived though

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Just finished packing.Heading over on the ferry to Fishguard in the morning.Staying in Bristol tomorrow night and then getting a coach to the site on Wednesday morningicon7.pngicon7.pngicon7.png

Worthy FM now gone live guys and broadcasting throughout the festival. Available online via the website, via twitter links (@worthyfm) or via Tunein App on your phone's.

Website link here;

http://www.worthyfm.com/listen-live/

Another way of getting the juices flowing!!:):)

Watched this the other night on the edge of me seat with my stomach doing somersaults! Will totally get the juices going while waiting for departure time. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmu3PM4UCLQ&feature=share

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Watched this the other night on the edge of me seat with my stomach doing somersaults! Will totally get the juices going while waiting for departure time. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmu3PM4UCLQ&feature=share

Mind Blown!!

<begins to drink can and perform happy dance>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Neggie alert: as a many-time Glasto attender, I became disillusioned with it. It no longer seems like a music festival. The whole 'it doesn't matter who is playing' mantra highlights the issue with it. Who is playing should be the priority.. The festival seems to draw people who have little or no interest in music, who go to sit in a field and drink beer. Don't get me wrong, I like doing that, but it prevents real music fans from going.

The site is just too big. To see the bands you want to see, you might have an hour walk ahead of you and in the mud, this can be double.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Neggie alert: as a many-time Glasto attender, I became disillusioned with it. It no longer seems like a music festival. The whole 'it doesn't matter who is playing' mantra highlights the issue with it. Who is playing should be the priority.. The festival seems to draw people who have little or no interest in music, who go to sit in a field and drink beer. Don't get me wrong, I like doing that, but it prevents real music fans from going.

The site is just too big. To see the bands you want to see, you might have an hour walk ahead of you and in the mud, this can be double.

Possie alert: as a many-time Glasto attender, I become ever more amazed with it. It has never been just a music festival. The whole 'it doesn't matter who is playing' mantra highlights the what is so great with it. Who is playing shouldn't be the priority.. The festival seems to draw a wide range of people, some who love a wide variety of music, or others who are happy to go to sit in a field and drink beer cider. I love that there is something for everyone and all interests, ages and music tastes are welcome.

The site is just so big. To see the bands you want to see, you might have an hour walk ahead of you and in the mud, this can be double.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Flying from Belfast on Wed morn. Can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Never been despite a few years of trying, however my tuppence worth would be that it doesn't matter who is playing cos it's Glasto and you are guaranteed to see some amazing stuff somewhere.

Hear what you're saying about the hikes though, that could be an issue.

Mince Pie wrote: »

Bastardin thing is changing by the hour :pac:

Bastardin thing is changing by the hour :pac:

That forecast hasn't changed for most of the day. Will still be watching tomorrow.

Tempted to ask MT Cranium in the weather forum for the heads up. But too scared to venture in there. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm tempted not to bring wellies, to save space for flying. Bad call?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm tempted not to bring wellies, to save space for flying. Bad call?

Bring the fecking wellies and stop trying to curse us all! Always always bring wellies or gaiters. :D

I packed all socks and underwear in bags inside the wellies for space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Wear the wellies over on the plane. Don't worry lots of people will be doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

The guy I was originally meant to be going with went in to hospital about 2 weeks ago and can't go. Queue me ringing around all my mates to see if anyone matching his description was free to go, seeing as it's all paid for. The guy who said he'd go is just after ringing me saying he can't afford it. Great ****ing timing!

So now it looks like I'm going on my own :( Don't suppose anyone else is going by themselves too?

Advertisement