Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

johnnykilo wrote: »
    The guy I was originally meant to be going with went in to hospital about 2 weeks ago and can't go. Queue me ringing around all my mates to see if anyone matching his description was free to go, seeing as it's all paid for. The guy who said he'd go is just after ringing me saying he can't afford it. Great ****ing timing!

So now it looks like I'm going on my own :( Don't suppose anyone else is going by themselves too?

Get over to Efests and see if anyone can take the ticket off you for face value. Solo travellers over there as well. I'm going solo and meeting a group there. Threads on the chat page.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm tempted not to bring wellies, to save space for flying. Bad call?

Always bring the wellies or it's your fault if it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Bring the fecking wellies and stop trying to curse us all! Always always bring wellies or gaiters. :D

I packed all socks and underwear in bags inside the wellies for space.
    Toast wrote: »
    Wear the wellies over on the plane. Don't worry lots of people will be doing it.
    robinph wrote: »
    Always bring the wellies or it's your fault if it rains.

Wellies for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Defo bring the wellies.

Anyone leaving tomorrow? Best of luck!!

Ferrying myself, Dub-Holyhead wed afternoon so it could be 9-10-11 wed night by the time we get on site but f**k it, I'm gonna suck that first can dry like Jane Bond 0069 in Octopussy!!

Wear the wellies over on the plane. Don't worry lots of people will be doing it.

I can just picture you walking through Dub airport security ha ha you thought you could hide most of the wellie by tucking them into ur trousers, but the guard asks you to remove them!! Please please wear socks with huge holes for added impact!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

1 day! ~0~

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Still no word on the TBAs. Everybody from Prince to the Libertines, from the Foo Fighters to Monty Python touted. I'd imagine the Libertines being the most believable with a show in Glasgow over the weekend. Still think I'll be at Jonny Greenwood and then The War On Drugs, so it doesn't really matter.

Last day in work today and home to finish off the packing. I've been waiting for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

No wellies for me. Walking boots sufficed in 2011 and will hopefully do the trick again. They're much more comfortable if you're going to be spending 5 days in them. I've packed gaiters too in case things get really grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If you bring wellies, remember to bring thicker socks. Tramping round in wellies all day can hurt your feet.

If you bring wellies, remember to bring thicker socks. Tramping round in wellies all day can hurt your feet.

Insoles a must!!

• Advertisement

And long socks if youre wearing shorts. Took months for the leg hair the wellies wore off me to grow back :pac:

And long socks if youre wearing shorts. Took months for the leg hair the wellies wore off me to grow back :pac:

Hhhmmmm, and women pay good money for that

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hhhmmmm, and women pay good money for that

It was only a single horizontal strip on each leg. The money method works better id say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I can just picture you walking through Dub airport security ha ha you thought you could hide most of the wellie by tucking them into ur trousers, but the guard asks you to remove them!! Please please wear socks with huge holes for added impact!!

The wellies will be on full display because I'll be wearing shorts with them. The socks won't have holes but they'll be hilariously primary coloured and knee height so there will be definitely some chuckles come security. In general I tend to look completely ludicrous at / on the way to festivals. If anyone wants to say hi go up to the most idiotic looking person tomorrow morning and it will be me.

The wellies will be on full display because I'll be wearing shorts with them. The socks won't have holes but they'll be hilariously primary coloured and knee height so there will be definitely some chuckles come security. In general I tend to look completely ludicrous at / on the way to festivals. If anyone wants to say hi go up to the most idiotic looking person tomorrow morning and it will be me.

Cowboy hat challenge accepted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

WAAAAY a-head (ha!) of you. My actual hat.

WAAAAY a-head (ha!) of you. My actual hat.

Yes!!! Love it, a festival version of Steve Irwin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

In London now after a hectic few days of getting married, recovering from that party and prepping for glasto. Getting coach tomorrow from London. Anyone fancies a meet up send a pm! Or details of existing meetups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Currently on route to Rosslare. Excited!

stinkle wrote: »
    In London now after a hectic few days of getting married, recovering from that party and prepping for glasto. Getting coach tomorrow from London. Anyone fancies a meet up send a pm! Or details of existing meetups.

Meet up already arranged for efests peeps at the Avalon on thursday at 6pm. Few heads from here at it as well, I think but could be worng. I'll be there anyhoooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Hi folks, I know this has been answered but just wanted to confirm.

We arrive in at 7:30am to Bristol airport, the best way to go is to get a taxi and try and persuade it to bring us to Pedestrian gate A, right? We're staying in the Tipi village if that changes anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

So where's a good spot for wellies in Dublin!?

I'm organised, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Hi folks, I know this has been answered but just wanted to confirm.

We arrive in at 7:30am to Bristol airport, the best way to go is to get a taxi and try and persuade it to bring us to Pedestrian gate A, right? We're staying in the Tipi village if that changes anything.

If you get to see this try get them to bring you to worthy view / pennard hill gate. Much handier for the tipi village!

Whop whop on the boat it's lashing rain but f**k it here we go!!! ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I live in London and am heading up from Victoria by coach tomorrow evening after work. I'll actually be working (2nd job) at the festival so if any of ye are passing the garlic bread stall shaped like a castle near the Pyramid Stage, pop over and say hi! I'm the one with the red hair ;)

Reports are saying that we should expect very heavy rain on Friday and Saturday.

Safe trip over everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Currently on route to Rosslare. Excited!

its been a while, but this is arguably the best bit of the whole thing!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kaiser Chiefs are to open Glastonbury's Other Stage with an 11am performance.

The slot was marked TBA on the official line-up. Last year, the same slot was filled by an unannounced Beady Eye show. Kaiser Chiefs will now play twice in one day, as the Leeds band were already due to headline the John Peel Stage.

The band tweeted news of their new slot, writing: "Opening the Other stage (11am Fri) & closing the John Peel stage at Glastonbury tomorrow! First & Last. Open & Close"
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/kaiser-chiefs/78139#vqcUV55MO42d7Mid.99

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

Are there any streams available for people in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

A V A wrote: »

I remember people doing ketamine when I was at a last summer, I would never touch the crap.

Advertisement