Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

is it one ticket per person?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

but1er wrote: »

You can buy 6 tickets but you need the registration code for each ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

but1er wrote: »

One ticket per registration code, and each registration code is linked to a name and photo (printed on your ticket).

You can go armed with 6 registration codes to the site on the day, but you obviously have to pay the £50 per registration ticket at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bristol is the closest airport, but most people seem to have to organise a minibus or taxi from there - the public transport options aren't terribly handy. Coaches run from the train station in Bristol itself.

Pembroke or Fishguard are closer than Holyhead, but the scenery is nicer from Holyhead. If you're driving, it's well worth booking a local hotel/B&B/ campsite (ASAP) for the day before to avoid the worst of the traffic bottleneck on the site opening. Wells is probably best placed as a base - it's got accommodation and a Morrisons supermarket for doing the last minute stock-up. It's also got the best back roads for beating the traffic if you make an early start. There can be jams leaving the site too, so allow generous amount of time to catch a ferry back. Book your ferry as soon as the operator allows - they get pricier the closer it gets.

If you've a car, I'd drive. The limits of what you can carry on a flight/bus would be a bit of a bummer for the number of days involved - particularly if you're likely to drink your weight in booze. Speaking of which - allow time to stock up at one of the local cider farms beforehand. There's a variety of roadside seller options on the main access routes, but better to go to this man the day before to ensure you're getting the good stuff:
    http://wilkinscider.com/
    ratedR wrote: »
    How have people traveled from Ireland to this in the past ?

I presume car and ferry or flying to the likes of Bristol are the main options ?

If anyone has any guides/links or advice I'd be grateful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

alastair wrote: »
    Bristol is the closest airport, but most people seem to have to organise a minibus or taxi from there - the public transport options aren't terribly handy. Coaches run from the train station in Bristol itself.

Pembroke or Fishguard are closer than Holyhead, but the scenery is nicer from Holyhead. If you're driving, it's well worth booking a local hotel/B&B/ campsite (ASAP) for the day before to avoid the worst of the traffic bottleneck on the site opening. Wells is probably best placed as a base - it's got accommodation and a Morrisons supermarket for doing the last minute stock-up. It's also got the best back roads for beating the traffic if you make an early start. There can be jams leaving the site too, so allow generous amount of time to catch a ferry back. Book your ferry as soon as the operator allows - they get pricier the closer it gets.

If you've a car, I'd drive. The limits of what you can carry on a flight/bus would be a bit of a bummer for the number of days involved - particularly if you're likely to drink your weight in booze. Speaking of which - allow time to stock up at one of the local cider farms beforehand. There's a variety of roadside seller options on the main access routes, but better to go to this man the day before to ensure you're getting the good stuff:
    http://wilkinscider.com/

Some great info here, cheers!!

Any advice on best approach to adopt on 6th October for tickets? I'll be hoping to get 6. All registrations done and numbers and postcodes at the ready.

Should I set up an account on SeeTickets in advance? (i.e. - billing details/input and save 2 or 3 credit card details etc etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if i get a coach+ticket package ticket, and decide not to bother with the coach in the end, would there be any problems using the ticket? for other festivals i wouldn't have thought so, but thought i read somewhere about Glastonbury being iffy about it.

probably won't know until a lot closer to the time if we're going to fly to Bristol or drive, and with 15k coach+ticket tickets going onsale on the Thursday evening, and it seems like £20 (bristol single) is a small price to pay to guarantee a ticket even if we don't end up needing the coach...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

if i get a coach+ticket package ticket, and decide not to bother with the coach in the end, would there be any problems using the ticket? for other festivals i wouldn't have thought so, but thought i read somewhere about Glastonbury being iffy about it.

probably won't know until a lot closer to the time if we're going to fly to Bristol or drive, and with 15k coach+ticket tickets going onsale on the Thursday evening, and it seems like £20 (bristol single) is a small price to pay to guarantee a ticket even if we don't end up needing the coach...

You don't get the festival ticket until you're on board the coach - so it's pretty much impossible to not use the bus (to the festival anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Efestivals has loads of stories each year of people trying to get the tickets out of coach packages due to exams or work meaning they can't get on the coach. It sounds like a massive hassle and I don't see why anyone would touch a coach package unless it was the only thing left or they were CERTAIN they'd be in a position to get it 8 months from now. Take your chances with the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Toast wrote: »
    Efestivals has loads of stories each year of people trying to get the tickets out of coach packages due to exams or work meaning they can't get on the coach. It sounds like a massive hassle and I don't see why anyone would touch a coach package unless it was the only thing left or they were CERTAIN they'd be in a position to get it 8 months from now. Take your chances with the general sale.

My feelings exactly.

I was considering the coach package but I know I would not be one bit comfortable leaving Rosslare without a ticket and then spending the entire trip wondering if my ticket will be waiting for me on the coach. There's bound to be incidents each year whereby tickets go missing, are not issued to the correct coach etc etc.

I would prefer to have the option of tracking my ticket and signing for it at my front door!!
    General sale it is for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I'd rather get a ticket on general sale myself but im going to try for the coach tickets. Its nice having the extra chance to get the hands on a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Please DO NOT make the mistake of assuming you can pay by Laser or Visa Debit.....if your reg details are outside the UK or Northern Ireland.....you can only pay by CREDIT CARD.....fact. And also remember most prepaid credit cards as in 3V are now issued as Visa Debit and Not Visa Credit.

I got through with 15 mins to spare last year only to find my 3V card was not accepted (they had changed over to Visa Debit some months before)....I had to ring my boss to use his credit card and after a hell of a panic....got the transaction completed with just 5 minutes to go!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Please DO NOT make the mistake of assuming you can pay by Laser or Visa Debit.....if your reg details are outside the UK or Northern Ireland.....you can only pay by CREDIT CARD.....fact. And also remember most prepaid credit cards as in 3V are now issued as Visa Debit and Not Visa Credit.

I got through with 15 mins to spare last year only to find my 3V card was not accepted (they had changed over to Visa Debit some months before)....I had to ring my boss to use his credit card and after a hell of a panic....got the transaction completed with just 5 minutes to go!!!

Cheers , may use my mams card so

Crap Crap Crap!!! I don't have a frickin credit card!! just read the T&C's. and its correct. Need a credit card. :mad::(:mad::(

from the site

"UK Tickets can only be bought by Debit Card or Bankers Draft/Postal Order.
    International Tickets can only be bought by Visa Credit Card or MasterCard."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Crap Crap Crap!!! I don't have a frickin credit card!! just read the T&C's. and its correct. Need a credit card. :mad::(:mad::(

from the site

"UK Tickets can only be bought by Debit Card or Bankers Draft/Postal Order.
    International Tickets can only be bought by Visa Credit Card or MasterCard."

Is this only a new thing? I got my ticket using my Visa DEBIT card two years ago.

gazzer wrote: »
    Is this only a new thing? I got my ticket using my Visa DEBIT card two years ago.

No idea to be honest, its my first time trying. So its all a learning curve in here for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

bowie is my tip for this year - guessed the Stones correctly last year ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Emily Eavis has confirmed that she is close to confirming the names of the first two headliners for Glastonbury 2014.

Tickets for the annual festival will go on general sale to people who registered before the September 30 cut off point this Sunday (October 6). Prices for the 2014 event have risen by £5, meaning that the overall ticket price will be £210 plus £5 booking fee. Successful ticket buyers will be required to pay a £50 deposit on October 6.

Speaking to NME in a new interview in this week's issue, available digitally and on newsstands now, Emily Eavis reveals that she is near to securing the first two headline acts and has "a few options" for the final spot. "We are away in Cornwall this week and I've just been talking to an agent on the phone on the beach in the rain about one of our headliners!" she says. "We're definitely getting close to securing two and there are a few options for the third. It's annoying really as there are lots of great bands touring next year and we'd love to have them all. But rest assured, it's going to be one hell of a show - maybe even the best yet!"

Michael Eavis has previously revealed that over one million people have already registered for tickets for next year's event.

Bookmakers have been taking odds on the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Prince and David Bowie to take the headline spots in 2014. Foo Fighters are currently favourites to fill the coveted Saturday night Pyramid Stage slot, whilst rumours of a 'Definitely Maybe' 20th anniversary reunion have given Oasis odds of 10/1 to make an appearance.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/72989#8c7FzvCH5kbqm13p.99

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Emily Eavis has confirmed that she is close to confirming the names of the first two headliners for Glastonbury 2014.

Tickets for the annual festival will go on general sale to people who registered before the September 30 cut off point this Sunday (October 6). Prices for the 2014 event have risen by £5, meaning that the overall ticket price will be £210 plus £5 booking fee. Successful ticket buyers will be required to pay a £50 deposit on October 6.

Speaking to NME in a new interview in this week's issue, available digitally and on newsstands now, Emily Eavis reveals that she is near to securing the first two headline acts and has "a few options" for the final spot. "We are away in Cornwall this week and I've just been talking to an agent on the phone on the beach in the rain about one of our headliners!" she says. "We're definitely getting close to securing two and there are a few options for the third. It's annoying really as there are lots of great bands touring next year and we'd love to have them all. But rest assured, it's going to be one hell of a show - maybe even the best yet!"

Michael Eavis has previously revealed that over one million people have already registered for tickets for next year's event.

Bookmakers have been taking odds on the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Prince and David Bowie to take the headline spots in 2014. Foo Fighters are currently favourites to fill the coveted Saturday night Pyramid Stage slot, whilst rumours of a 'Definitely Maybe' 20th anniversary reunion have given Oasis odds of 10/1 to make an appearance.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/72989#8c7FzvCH5kbqm13p.99

Would love to see pearl jam headlining the saturday night , things looking good for a european tour this summer :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Just joined a new company and they have a work thing starting tomorrow afternoon till late. Who'd have thought a free bar would be causing me such heartache :(

On the bright side, I can drown my sorrows while waiting till Sunday :)

Just to confirm, I emailed the festival office for Glastonbury yesterday evening to confirm about the credit card situation and got this reply.

"Hi Mince Pie

As you are an international buyer you would need to use an internationally registered credit card. Only UK buyers registered in the UK can use a UK registered debit card.

Kind regards

Glastonbury Festival"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

T-43 Minutes and counting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is the page down for anyone else already?

holding page at the moment, 'the website is dealing with the maximum number of users or something like that, close the page and open it again mine keep timing out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

All done - best result ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm in if anyone wants to really quickly give me their reg numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Got tickets in 5 minutes. A hell of a lot easier than last year!

IM ALSO IN ANYONE NEED HELP?

wednesday sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

all coach tickets sold now according to twitter, hope posters that wanted to get them today were successful

• Advertisement

Jesus I was lucky, had 2 laptops with 3 tabs on each on auto refresh, first laptop got through, had to type 3 different cards in as they all declined and still managed to get 2 tickets,
    in the meantime the other laptop got through but no1 needed help, all before 10past!!

2 glasto tickets in the BAG - BOOM!!!!

Advertisement