Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Kasabian are the absolute kiddies. Was so lucky that they played the opera house in cork, what a result. Brilliant band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hector122 wrote: »
    Thought Metallica put on a good show! Could never understand the hype that is being put into Arcade Fire, are they seriously considered amongst one of the best bands in the world?
    They're way ahead of the pack along with Radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I just don't get Kasabian , a poor copy mix of Primal scream and oasis - headlining Glastonbury ??? just don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

dulux99 wrote: »
    Kasabian are the absolute kiddies. Was so lucky that they played the opera house in cork, what a result. Brilliant band

Slightly shaky start but they're in the groove now! I saw them in Galway a while ago too, absolutely mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Disclosure are pretty sweet live going on BBC3 coverage, don't listen to much of their stuff but i'd definitely go see them live if I had a chance. Black Keys were really good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

thebaz wrote: »
    I just don't get Kasabian , a poor copy mix of Primal scream and oasis - headlining Glastonbury ??? just don't get it

In fairness they're doing a pretty good job of it. I've seen them 3 times live but they went off the boil a few years ago for me but they're generating a great atmosphere by the looks of it, and that's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

siblers wrote: »
    Disclosure are pretty sweet live going on BBC3 coverage, don't listen to much of their stuff but i'd definitely go see them live if I had a chance. Black Keys were really good too.

It's a great album but saw them at electric picnic last year and it was all a bit meh...same as just playing the cd in the car going home if u get me.

Enjoying bonobo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The c*nts with the flares are absolute pricks! The people behind them can't see anything. If I was stood behind one of those dickheads he'd be pulling it out of his arse before the gig was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

MadYaker wrote: »
    The c*nts with the flares are absolute pricks! The people behind them can't see anything. If I was stood behind one of those dickheads he'd be pulling it out of his arse before the gig was over.

Ahh they only last about 15 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

London Grammar are pretty good, looking forward to seeing them at EP. Some voice on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Kasabian are some live band. I've seen them live once and this has me reminiscing.

It's incredible to see the size of the crowd just at Kasabian when the camera pans out.

well that was fairly flip-hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kasabian just made glasto their bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did Massive Attack decline to be filmed, not a peep in the screens from them, did anyone see them with the red button yoke.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Watching them interviewed on bbc, Kasabian are just diluted Primal Scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

pookiesboo wrote: »

Crap band, horrible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

nocoverart wrote: »
    Crap band, horrible people.
    Saw the interview, Chavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Yep the singer always reminds me of Danny Dyer.

How do I thank my own Massive Attack post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

last year primal scream were way down the bill , doing a much better set - love Glastonbury , but as regards music made the right call not going this year - hopefully better lineup next year , making the expensive journey across the sea worthwhile.

I'd love to go but just not sure id be able for the scale of it all. Looking forward to hearing posters stories when they get back

And here is the answer I was looking for about Massive Attack, I copied this from the Glasto Efest Chat forum.
    " bbcglasto@bbcglasto 2m Unfortunately we will not be able to bring you @MassiveAttackUK tonight. The band have asked the BBC not to record their set."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Going by the bbc live coverage, thought Metallica were easily the best out of the three headliners, but no surprise there.

Other thoughts; still don't get the arcade fire hype.

Kasabian came across as chavs in their post gig interview.

Royal blood had a great set, I advise to check that out online.

Chvrches also.

Disclosures set was decent but house music is only good if your there live at it.

Yep the singer always reminds me of Danny Dyer.

Said this exact same thing to my husband last night when we were watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Is there anything of Massive Attack or RDJ going around, even fan footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Did anyone else notice the girl on someone's shoulders during Disclosure, appearing to be doing some Class A's off her finger?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Dont forget are own here, kodaline got a great crowd chuffed

FitzShane wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the girl on someone's shoulders during Disclosure, appearing to be doing some Class A's off her finger?! :D

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/glastonbury-best-moments-2014-1545772-Jun2014/

No. 12 :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone catch the Jon Hopkins set at Glade or the AFX set at the Temple stage.

Advertisement