Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

We flew out of Bristol late on Tuesday, having booked a cheap (but excellent) hotel in Bristol for Monday night. The extra day is obviously a luxury many can't afford but for us it made all the difference and extended the holiday nicely.

It also helped that the hotel we booked on the basis of it being extremely cheap happened to be located about 50m from where the festival coach dropped us off. So jammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

1st time in over and had a savage weekend.

Would defo recommend Worthy View for anyone going over in the future. Camping 10 mins from the car, had wrist band and being shown to tent within 2 minutes of arriving, accommodation is quality so no fear of getting stuff wet, away from all the madness of the site and noisier campsites so plenty chance to get sleep and it stayed clean and relatively mud free in the tent areas, and zero traffic on way out at 10am Monday morning. Totally worth the cost I thought.

Defo preferred the Park/Acoustic/Williams Green areas. Saw some great bands there and the Other Stage/Pyramid area gets a bit manic at times.

For the bloke on here playing brass with The Riptide Movement - great gig! Really got the crowd going with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

1st time in over and had a savage weekend.

Would defo recommend Worthy View for anyone going over in the future. Camping 10 mins from the car, had wrist band and being shown to tent within 2 minutes of arriving, accommodation is quality so no fear of getting stuff wet, away from all the madness of the site and noisier campsites so plenty chance to get sleep and it stayed clean and relatively mud free in the tent areas, and zero traffic on way out at 10am Monday morning. Totally worth the cost I thought.

Defo preferred the Park/Acoustic/Williams Green areas. Saw some great bands there and the Other Stage/Pyramid area gets a bit manic at times.

For the bloke on here playing brass with The Riptide Movement - great gig! Really got the crowd going with them

How much for worthy view? Is there a min no of ppl needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »

As far as I know its in the region of around £500, met some people staying there and you also have to contend with the hill of death.
    Personally I'd prefer to invest in a canvas tent and trolley and stay in dairy for less money.

My mistake, prices start at around £265. http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

Fatfrog wrote: »

Yep £265 as above for a 2 person tent which is what we got. Plenty big and a little inside porch for storage

• Advertisement

Yep £265 as above for a 2 person tent which is what we got. Plenty big and a little inside porch for storage

How did you find getting up the hill each night? Heard it was pretty tough going and friend showed me some pics. Amazing view from the top though. :D

Mince Pie wrote: »
    How did you find getting up the hill each night? Heard it was pretty tough going and friend showed me some pics. Amazing view from the top though. :D

Personally didn't find it TOO bad although yes it is steep and not made any easier by having to wear wellies! The hill has steps on it though so it's easier to climb on those rather than just walking up a dirt track.

And yes the view is realy cool. There's a bar at the top that overlooks the whole site - nice treat after the climb on the way home!

Personally didn't find it TOO bad although yes it is steep and not made any easier by having to wear wellies! The hill has steps on it though so it's easier to climb on those rather than just walking up a dirt track.

And yes the view is realy cool. There's a bar at the top that overlooks the whole site - nice treat after the climb on the way home!

See I keep thinking could buy a nice canvas tent for that money an use it again. Trolley would be a necessity though. Get ticket first then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

See I keep thinking could buy a nice canvas tent for that money an use it again. Trolley would be a necessity though. Get ticket first then decide.

Trolley and a mud free site would be required, I think. Any mud at all and most trolleys can't handle it.

Trolley and a mud free site would be required, I think. Any mud at all and most trolleys can't handle it.

Oh me mate had the mac daddy of trolleys and want to camp at dairy next year which seemed ok for the path. He got through all right from Michaels mead. Sure it's all in the planning.

• Advertisement

Yea you could do that but I felt the game-breaker of WV was having your tent pre-assigned which meant you could arrive whenever, and not spend ages looking for a decent spot. Different strokes and all that though.

Defo bringing some sort of a trolley/barrow with me next time. Lugging all the stuff out by hand on Monday morning in the heat was not pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Had to retire my trusty old trolley (it's been to about x5 festivals) but Glasto was the end of it! Even though the carpark was closer at Glasto the mud was just too much.

Yea you could do that but I felt the game-breaker of WV was having your tent pre-assigned which meant you could arrive whenever, and not spend ages looking for a decent spot. Different strokes and all that though.

Defo bringing some sort of a trolley/barrow with me next time. Lugging all the stuff out by hand on Monday morning in the heat was not pleasant

Totally true. Will come down to ticket day and coach or car really. Then the fun begins in deciding how to do it. I love the planning build up. So many levels of excitement from ticket to line up to ordering stuff and getting there.
    Don't ever remember being that excited about Christmas. :)

Advertisement