Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Woohoo!!! Got me tickets. Thursday from Bristol. Did anyone going from Bristol get a chance to book a bus time?. In my haste to get the tickets I didn't notice any time options.

For those going by bus, I got the bus from Bristol a couple of years ago and it was pretty painless. Flew into Bristol and the airport shuttle into town. About a mile walk walk from the bus station to the glasto pickup point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Has anyone on here tried "posh" camping at Glasto before? We've gone a few times and will be getting married a few days before the festival so it'd be cool to be slightly swanker in 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Woohoo!!! Got me tickets. Thursday from Bristol. Did anyone going from Bristol get a chance to book a bus time?. In my haste to get the tickets I didn't notice any time options.

For those going by bus, I got the bus from Bristol a couple of years ago and it was pretty painless. Flew into Bristol and the airport shuttle into town. About a mile walk walk from the bus station to the glasto pickup point.

only realised that myself afterwards, i asked the same question on efestivals and the answer i got was, you could only book a time on the london buses, they will just allocate you a time when they send you your tickets i think. hope its an early one, last year i got a bus from swindon at 5am was on site with the camper all nice n ready for the week at 9am

foolelle wrote: »
    only realised that myself afterwards, i asked the same question on efestivals and the answer i got was, you could only book a time on the london buses, they will just allocate you a time when they send you your tickets i think. hope its an early one, last year i got a bus from swindon at 5am was on site with the camper all nice n ready for the week at 9am

Cheers. It's only about 1 1/2 hour on bus from Bristol. Meself and mates are going to fly in day before hopefully and do our shopping there and not have to be flying out at crack of dawn again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

After 2 years of disappointment, managed to get tickets this year! Can't wait!

I really do think they should have a policy, though, where people who missed out in previous years get priority. It's the fairest way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Missed out again this evening , hopefully Sunday morning :(
    Missed out last year too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Justin Timberlake as headliner???? Just watching his I tunes set and looks pretty good and seems to put on a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Hey. Any of the success stories have any advice/tips for upping chances of getting lucky with tickets!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 a_kelly1

Hi guys, any update on paying with Visa/Debit cards? Having a nightmare trying to find a card to use! Can they 100% not be used? Also any suggestions on the best way to get a ticket let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Just to confirm, I emailed the festival office for Glastonbury yesterday evening to confirm about the credit card situation and got this reply.

"Hi Mince Pie

As you are an international buyer you would need to use an internationally registered credit card. Only UK buyers registered in the UK can use a UK registered debit card.

Kind regards

Glastonbury Festival"
    a_kelly1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, any update on paying with Visa/Debit cards? Having a nightmare trying to find a card to use! Can they 100% not be used? Also any suggestions on the best way to get a ticket let us know!

Definitely have to pay by Credit Card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Got through to the point of hitting the "pay" button yesterday but tickets were no longer available. Did anyone else encounter this? Thought they would have some sort of hold system while you complete details etc.
    in fact nearly sure, that it mentioned this at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I'll be in work and our servers are routed through the UK, will I still be recognised as an Irish buyer because of my registration id?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

I'll be in work and our servers are routed through the UK, will I still be recognised as an Irish buyer because of my registration id?

Yes, it's based on your registered address, not current location.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Cool, thanks.

mcballer wrote: »
    Hey. Any of the success stories have any advice/tips for upping chances of getting lucky with tickets!?

I had only two browsers open: Chrome and Firefox and was just hitting F5 every 10-15 secs or so 10 secs apart on each. I wouldn't have more than one window per browser to be honest but I would use a couple of different browsers. Just remember look at each screen closely before hitting that F5 button. I've hit the button before automatically only to see that I'd gotten through.

Open a text file and add: Registration number and Post Code is all you need when buying, your Credit Card details (Name, number, exp date and number at the back). Then just cut and paste.

There was a rumour a couple of years ago that UPC had difficulty connecting so last year and this year I had another system trying to connect through USB to my phone.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to phone. I tried last time: every 20 secs for 40 mins with no luck

Follow twitter and, I know it's a cliche but, don't give up. Twice I've gotten tickets in the last 2 mins.

I've no real tricks or hacks or anything. I always told people in the group that I try to buy for that I will ONLY try to get tickets as long as the person is trying with at least one other trying also.

Also, if you don't get tickets DO try the resale in April or May. Again, twice I've gotten tickets in the resale. People tend to write it off thinking there's no chance but you'd be surprised

Good luck to all trying this Sunday

a_kelly1 wrote: »

I paid with visa debt yesterday and there isnt any problem yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

foolelle wrote: »
    I paid with visa debt yesterday and there isnt any problem yet.

Would that be because you paid for a package with the coach? Cos its been confirmed that only Visa/Mastercard will be accepted for the tickets.

it could be i suppose, but when i typed in the number the system automatically selected visa for me, so maybe visa have it set up so that their debt and credit cards are one in the same, im not too sure to be honest. just checked the account and it was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 a_kelly1

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Would that be because you paid for a package with the coach? Cos its been confirmed that only Visa/Mastercard will be accepted for the tickets.

Agh this is stressing me out. So if use a UK debit card from Ireland will it work? I have a friend in London who'll let me use hers?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

mcballer wrote: »

I got through on my first refresh yesterday, using Google Chrome. I used an incognito window, I've no idea this is the reason that it was so quick or if it was just lucky! Also as another poster mentioned, it's handy to have all details in a notepad document ready to paste in. I used Visa Debit (AIB) and had no problems paying.

On another note, does anybody know if it is possible to pick a bus time (from Manchester) or if you are just allocated a time?

• Advertisement

from the comf email....

* Where departure times are not stated, you must be available to travel at any point (AM/PM) during the specific day you have selected.All departure times / points will be released to you no later than 30 days prior to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Ok heres the final clarification on the debit/credit card debate. Glastonbury have tweeted the following: For those asking, UK (debit card sales only) vs International (credit card sales only) is based upon registered address of the lead booker.

So if the lead booker is registered in UK or Northern Ireland, a debit card must be used, and vice versa for International Bookers.

The lead booker is the person paying for the deposit and first reg entered on the list of up to 6 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

Here we are again, another 9am Sunday morning, another F5 bashing session. Good Luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And so it begins again....

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Oh Me Nerves!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

OK cup of tea in hand... credit card by my side.

Let the fun and games begin.... Oh me nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I can't even connect to the website at the moment. I presume this is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I can't even connect to the website at the moment. I presume this is normal.

Pretty much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I got on there but it says "Tickets on sale on Sunday 6th October at 9am. Check back then" followed by a Twitter feed. Not that much use really....

Advertisement