Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

https://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService/CheckOrder

the final nail in the coffin for me, I was holding out faint hope that my cc details were taken .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ah well its not over yet. Keeping positive for April and if I still can't get a ticket I'm sure there are other ways of getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

That was heartbreaking. I got 6 tickets in the basket and entered my Credit card details... my card got declined :eek: turns out I missed a 6 euro payment a few days ago and they froze my card. By the time I got some else's card details the session timed out.

When I found out I paid the 6 Euro and cancelled the card. It was a Tesco card btw. so no surprise there. Thanks for ruining my Summer Tesco. (although I've been a few times so had a good run)

Have a ball those who got tickets. It will blow your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Finally successful after numerous years trying. Was beginning to doubt it was possible! As for needing multiple machines + browsers on the go - I just had 1 chrome tab going. Nothing more needed in the end. It really is just random luck i think. Once I got past the holding page, there were time outs and needed to submit the final payment page about 7 times before it finally went through!!! Nearly cried with joy when I saw the "Booking complete" notice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hands up all the Glasto virgins.

Ye'll have a great time. Even if you have no interest in the headline acts (I wasn't gone on the Pyramid Stage this year) you'll still have a ball. Good craic, safe, friendly. Forget any of your Oxegen horror stories. Get out, meet strangers, hit the cider bus, sample as much of the (excellent) food and see as much of the sites as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

First time being successful almost all i know trying got through! I'm so over excited I need to calm down.....just can't wait to experience all the madness of Glastonbury!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Went into work had 2 pcs online and phone on redial no joy. Gutted....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Anybody else's order not showing on the See Tickets Tracker.

I have the booking confirmation from the site and confirmation email but not showing on the tracker link.

I remember reading few comments like this last year so just wondering if it takes awhile for non UK orders to show?

EDIT: Problem solved. I was trying to retrieve using postcode but when I input last 4 digits of credit card the order displays!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

No joy for me, my feeble attempt of one laptop with twin browsers running probably limited my chances - lesson learned, and I will try in the resale for sure.

When people are saying they got them via their phone, are they talking about booking via the seetickets website on their phones, or dialling into the number?

I heard advice on the radio last week that the best tactic was just to stick to one method only, but reaqding this thread, that plainly sounds like bxxxxxxxs....

Chelon wrote: »
    No joy for me, my feeble attempt of one laptop with twin browsers running probably limited my chances - lesson learned, and I will try in the resale for sure.

When people are saying they got them via their phone, are they talking about booking via the seetickets website on their phones, or dialling into the number?

I heard advice on the radio last week that the best tactic was just to stick to one method only, but reaqding this thread, that plainly sounds like bxxxxxxxs....

I had 4 laptops set up this morning. 3 running off landline broadband and 1 running off O2 mobile broadband.

Had JUST ONE glastonbury.seetickets.com link open on each laptop at 8.55am and had someone at each laptop. Everyone kept pressing F5 until finally at 9.55am, one laptop produced a booking page. (sometimes the website simply crashed and we had to restart the whole process).

It was a quick process once we got the booking page.

I also had a mobile phone on redial to the international ticket phone number but it never once connected in the 60 minute period.

Confirmation appeared on screen straight away. Confirmation email arrived 2 hours after the booking was complete and the order appeared for tracking on the See Tickets website a couple of hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It really is a case of chances per minute you are putting in and no other magic factor. I think having more individuals working on one instance is better than just one person trying to keep a few browser windows/tabs/computers all going as they can concentrate on reacting to server timeouts etc. We'd people working constantly from 9am and got two through just around ten. I sometimes wonder if people spend too much time trying to check forums, twitter etc for cheats or other info rather than refreshing... or if they are counting on the auto refresh provided by the page to sort them out (assuming it really is a queue) but ultimately you could still do everything "right" and not get through so it is hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anthony Ward ‏@Anth0ny_Ward 5h
    Michael Eavis said that of the 5 biggest bands in the workd who've never played Glastonbury, he thinks he's booked 3 for next year.

Hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Anyone here get through on UPC? Thats two years in a row that i didnt even get a single valid page to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

yeah i got through on UPC...!!

mcballer wrote: »
    yeah i got through on UPC...!!

Good to hear. Couple pals of mine with UPC didnt get a schniff either.

My tenth Glasters in June, someone else bailed me out thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Some of the abuse handed out on Twitter there looked well out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Anyone know if registration will open again for the re-sale tickets in April or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Anyone know if registration will open again for the re-sale tickets in April or no?

You could other years afair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

ceegee wrote: »
    You could other years afair
    I think you usually can. Didnt lots of people register in advance of the resale for 2013 once the Rolling Stones were confirmed? I could be wrong and it was just speculation though

Yes - registration is definitely reopening for the resale in April

• Advertisement

Anybody any advice of where abouts to look for decent campervan rental in Munster/Leinster area?

Will be looking to hire a 6 berth camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anybody any advice of where abouts to look for decent campervan rental in Munster/Leinster area?

Will be looking to hire a 6 berth camper!

I'd say you'd be better getting one in the UK, to be honest. I don't know if rental places would like you leaving the country.

Looking at campers in the UK myself at the moment, prices seems seriously jacked for that week and a lot places I checked are all booked up already.

Also all places seem to make you take them for a full 7 days

Looking at campers in the UK myself at the moment, prices seems seriously jacked for that week and a lot places I checked are all booked up already.

Also all places seem to make you take them for a full 7 days

I've found a few places in Ireland that have decent prices and have no issues with taking it to the UK. You just have to pay an additional daily charge.

It would be alot easier to head from home with campervan loaded rather than change over in the UK.

Any recommendations for ones in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

So anyone who has been before able to provide a general guide for attending from Ireland?

Where to fly (Bristol I believe) distances to festival itself etc.

Most of my friends are living in London so i might be travelling solo and meeting them there so any advice is helpful!

Cheers

If you get a flight into Brizzle a taxi will take about 35 minutes depending on traffic. Taxis can use dedicated corridors unavailable to regular punters. Best advice I can give is get there as early as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah, fly to Bristol (ryanair and aer lingus/aer arran) go from Dublin. Taxi is the best from there if you have enough people. I met a few on the plane who were looking to share and in the end we had around 8 or so, so should be ok.

With regards to getting a spot, either get there early or get your friends to save you space either for your tent or in one of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yeah, fly to Bristol (ryanair and aer lingus/aer arran) go from Dublin. Taxi is the best from there if you have enough people. I met a few on the plane who were looking to share and in the end we had around 8 or so, so should be ok.

With regards to getting a spot, either get there early or get your friends to save you space either for your tent or in one of theirs.

Think we'll be going glamping regardless cause i'm too old for anything else, but thanks for the advice!

How much are we talking for a taxi?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Hiring camper van in IE versus hiring in UK

Anyone any obvious pros/cons to point out on either ?

Advertisement