Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an engine?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey

Looking for an engine for my camper.. its a 1989 citroen c25 and has an XUD9A engine. It is a 1905cc straight diesel engine?

I know this came in a few cars but would prefer one out of a similar camper so I wont have any issues with ancillaries not matching up etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

Anyone?

These are the same PSA engine that are in Talbots, Ducatos and Peugeots...

I would consider a 2.5 diesel also but that means i would have to buy a gearbox too i think.... also i'm not sure if the same mountings would do.. maybe someone could let me know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Fiat used their own 1.9, your best bet is a donorvehicle for an engine swap.

Cheers for reply,
    My worry with a same type engine but from a different car is that the ancillaries won't bolt on or match up given the different engine bays.

Little or no campers being broken with the same engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Traynors just outside Armagh have a good reputation for supplying parts & engines. They do regular deliveries down here. Give them a shout.....

+44 28 3889 1242

Nothing at traynors, engine is too old....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cheers for reply,
    My worry with a same type engine but from a different car is that the ancillaries won't bolt on or match up given the different engine bays.

Little or no campers being broken with the same engine!

Lots of info over on talbotoc.com about engine conversions.

Advertisement