Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit ATMs?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi just a Q, I noticed that whenever I make a deposit at an ATM (not the teller obvo.) the money doesnt appear instantly. How long does it take for the money to appear and why does it take that long?

Not a complaint, just mad curious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Classic Rock Man,

If you are lodging cash, it should show up straight away. Cheques may take a little bit longer but they should show on your account by close of business that day.

If you are lodging cheques:
    - a domestic Bank of Ireland cheque would be 3 working days to clear. 
    -a domestic cheque for another financial institution in the Republic is 5 working days to clear.

If the funds are taking longer then the above, please ask your branch to look into why their may be a delay when you make your next lodgement.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement