Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths - Higher Level - Helpful Websites - Post Here

• 02-09-2013 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Title says it all.
    If you've found a useful website which doesn't cost please post link here.
    Really appreciate it as i'm struggling!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

You could always start with the syllabus - Mathematics Syllabus 2014. Holy grail of Mathematics for the Leaving Cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Exo wrote: »
    You could always start with the syllabus - Mathematics Syllabus 2014. Holy grail of Mathematics for the Leaving Cert.
    I only started 5th year and im not doing the leaving cert this year..
    Thanks anyway

DominicKid wrote: »
    I only started 5th year and im not doing the leaving cert this year..
    Thanks anyway

It's pretty much going to be the same next year, and the year after. The "Project Maths" saga has ended, it's just referred to as Mathematics from this year. They're just calling it '2014' so there's no more confusion.

Also, it's a thread which can be helpful for this years, and future Leaving Cert candidates. Also, you should be studying from the book at this stage, not revising what you've already learned, online.

I should of explained my post further.
    I want websites which will be helpful if i needed help during my homework in certain areas and in depth, if i was stuck not what topics will be asked in the exam.
    Thanks.

StudyClix.ie is a site I used last year, it pretty much outlines all the sections for every subject (even Maths) - and links to the relevant questions from past exam papers within the same website, which come with solutions also with the click of a button. Saved my ass many times, for the Leaving Cert (JC content available also). There is a once-off €20 fee, and it'll last you for the year I think. Recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭TheBody

Don't forget the good people over on the maths forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=380

Exo wrote: »
    StudyClix.ie is a site I used last year, it pretty much outlines all the sections for every subject (even Maths) - and links to the relevant questions from past exam papers within the same website, which come with solutions also with the click of a button. Saved my ass many times, for the Leaving Cert (JC content available also). There is a once-off €20 fee, and it'll last you for the year I think. Recommended.

Better than mathstutor.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mathsbooks

My website had loads of Maths resources, Maths websites and worksheets and links that people might find useful. Checkout:

http://www.secondaryschoolmaths.com

DominicKid wrote: »
    Better than mathstutor.ie?

What's better, is relative. I never used that site though, so I can't vouch for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

PatrickJMT and Khan Academy are pretty good (and free). They aren't dedicated "Project Maths" resources, but they can explain a lot of concepts better than some teachers/books.

• Advertisement

bscm wrote: »
    PatrickJMT and Khan Academy are pretty good (and free). They aren't dedicated "Project Maths" resources, but they can explain a lot of concepts better than some teachers/books.

your right, websites seems very useful thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Apopholis

bscm wrote: »

I second this. Khan Academy is a fantastic resource. Really handy when trying to brush up on topics you might be weaker at, with some handy tips thrown in too. :D Was a great help for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Knah Academy is excellent. http://www.wolframalpha.com is the most powerful maths engine online, it's great for checking answers, and for plotting graphs quickly.

Advertisement