Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrier Bags

Options
  • 02-09-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi - I'll be opening a clothing store soon and I'm looking for suggestions / recommendations for carrier bags. I'm doing this on a shoestring budget and am search donedeal etc for display units and clothes racks.

I just want to get opened as soon as I can as I've a lot of stock and want to be in place for Christmas. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Get some brown carrier bags here. http://www.discountpackaging.ie/ You'll be pushed to find cheaper in Ireland I think.

If you want to print your logo etc on there. Why not get a rubber stamp made and do it yourself!

Good luck to you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Great Idea thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We use barrypacking.com if you order over €100 you get free postage and if you order before 2pm you get it next day. We get the plain white bags for 15c each and then print our own label and stick it to the front! I would imagine not as cost effective but we're only new so can't afford to order 1000+ printer bags!!

I was checking them out today - not bad price wise either.

I'm the same would love to have our logo printed on them or get the gorgeous designer ones particularly the flower ones.

I rang today to explain where I'm coming from in that I'm a small start up with tiny budget - my cart was coming to €146 and the lady I was speaking to said the best she could do was €140 - not a huge discount but it was something I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

If your starting out I would just get the basic bags either from musgraves or http://www.amazon.co.uk/brown-paper-carrier-bags/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=brown%20paper%20carrier%20bags&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abrown%20paper%20carrier%20bags

After a few weeks if sales are going well then you could look at getting better bags. The brown paper bags are very cheap and if you were anyway artistic or knew anyone that was you could go into an art hobby shop buy stuff and personalise the bags yourself.

Ikea used to have clothes rails and bits like that, I have used them in the past and found them very good. Have you also tried donedeal and buy sell etc.... for shops that are closing down that would be looking to get rid of there clothing rails equipment possible even bags at a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

A lot of our clients use Alliance Packaging. Give John a shout and he'll look after you.

Thanks for the replies guys. You are right about Ikea they do fairly decent rails for €13 I think it is, have bought a few and am keeping my eye out on any freebies going.

I've got an army of people collecting clothes hangers for me !

Advertisement