Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engine light

Options
  • 02-09-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

last Sunday heading for roscoff just after leaveing the air with about 300km to the port the engine went rough and the engine red light came on.it went out almost as quick as it went on i stoped but could not see any thing out of order i took it easy for the rest of what was a very stress full 3 hour drive.it done the same once more but we got to the port ok.i drove home from the port on full gas and it never missed a beat. Should i be worried or just just but it down to some bad fuel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Should have said its a 2.8 fiat and i have never had any trouble with it up to now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

probably a cracked injector wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Get yourself a kkl cable and multiecu scan or alfa obd and read the codes.

Or if you have an android phone then i can recommend a bluetooth elm + alfaobd app. You can record live data on the phone as you drive around to catch transient errors.

Sounds like a job for an ODB II Scanner

Sounds like a job for an ODB II Scanner

2.8 isn't compliant you'll get nonsense or no reading for sensors voltages, pressures, rpm etc., kkl cable and demo of multiecu scan or alfaobd will give you far more functionality than a code reader. KKL cable is about a fiver from china or a tenner from uk:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-ALFA-MULTIECUSCAN-FIATECUSCAN-VAG-KKL-COM-AIRBAG-ENGINE-ECU-/281145698705?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item417596e991

• Advertisement

Ah my apologies for miss-information...I didn't check the compatibility.
    I thought they were generic...it's on my tools-to-get list. Haven't done a huge amount of research yet as I don't have an engine light in mine, and I've gotten away with just using dodgy jump wires in my car so far.

Ah my apologies for miss-information...I didn't check the compatibility.
    I thought they were generic...it's on my tools-to-get list. Haven't done a huge amount of research yet as I don't have an engine light in mine, and I've gotten away with just using dodgy jump wires in my car so far.

Everyone expects it to be compliant including myself but manfucaturers weren't forced to make commercial diesels compliant until 2007. Some of the code readers will read and clear the code but I couldn't recommend one.

Advertisement