Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Insurance Claim

• 02-09-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a question, just wondering if or whether I should make a claim.

In 2010 I had a few beers after work, I live less than a mile from the pub and I drove my car home, mistake I know...

On my way home a car coming from a side street pulls out and we collide, damaging the front of my car and the passenger door of hers...

At the time I knew I was in trouble, I did not want to involve the garda, even though I felt the accident was her fault... long story short she was in histerics garda land, i blew a 48 limit is 35 so I was arrested lost my licence for a year.....

A few months later I get a letter from her solicitor saying that her client was looking for 10K for the accident and to pass it onto my insurance which I do and I then forget all about it, a year passes I get my licence back and I then go about trying to get insurance.

In order to do so I had to get the details of any claims made... I was then told by the insurance company regardless of my DUI it was deemed that the other drive was at fault and not me, so my no claims bonus was still intact.....

Now this was a few years ago now, 3, I still have the old car but I never made a claim for the damage caused, if it was deemed I was not to blame should I or can I still claim for the damage done to my car? Or should I leave it alone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Isn't the statute of limitations on a vehicle insurance claim 2 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement