Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Maybe they should also have to forfeit the Super Bowl too......

Brady & Patriots ?

I thought the fine & suspension was too small. They should have had to forfeit all their games that were questionable, not just the SB.

Or else, have another extraordinary playoff with the seahawks & winner takes the Bowl. That would be historic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OU812 wrote: »
    Brady & Patriots ?

I thought the fine & suspension was too small. They should have had to forfeit all their games that were questionable, not just the SB.

Or else, have another extraordinary playoff with the seahawks & winner takes the Bowl. That would be historic.
    With all the peds abuse from Seahawks player I was surprised that they didn't lose draft picks and get heavily fined over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Wouldn't have affected them anyway, Seahawks haven't made a first round draft pick in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

OU812 wrote: »
    Brady & Patriots ?

I'd settle for replaying the last 30 seconds of the Superbowl :D

#stillhurts

RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

• Advertisement

Wilson 4 year extension $87.6 million

Signing bonus $31 million
    Avg salary $21.9 million
    Guaranteed $60 million

Big numbers.

And now Wagner signs a four year extension.

Our Cap space must be blown at this stage.

Kam now holding out on a new deal.

Tony McDaniel released.

All action in week 1 of training camp.

Not the most inspiring pre season so far

0-2

Kam now holding out on a new deal.

Tony McDaniel released.

All action in week 1 of training camp.

Any news on this? As of Monday, it was looking like he was going to go. I'm getting a vague sense of the team's strengths being diluted, although it looks like we have a decent kick returner this year at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

Speaking of which and sorry to bring up old painful memories but:

why didn't Lynch run to his left and head for the corner on this penultimate play, it was wide open ! :eek:

In the end he chose to follow 46 and got bottled up at the 1

21111829728_fb40dae499_c.jpg

In relation to Kam, he gave an interview to some NFL reporter saying he wasn't looking for more money just to front load more into this season. Says his team and Seahawks management are about 1 million out in terms of agreement but he will meet half way.

Lockett has looked good pre season alright, scored two TDs from kick returns, one of 103 yards V Broncos. Plus one playing WR.

Morisee, too soon man!

The sooner the season starts and we can wash the smell of that night off, the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The sooner the season starts and we can wash the smell of that night off, the better!
    Queue a season of commentators reminding us of that play everytime there's a play from inside the 2 yard line.

Watching the build up to the Patriots Steelers game last night and seeing highlights again of SB49. Ugh.

Going to have to look at SB48 or the NFC Championship game v Green Bay over the weekend for some balance.

I hate the Rams. Every bloody year!

Yeah, they're a right bogey team for us. Very disappointing result given we'd fought back to lead. That onside kick decision -- I guess if it had come off, we'd have been raving about it but it was such a critical point to do it. And where have we heard that this year...

If I heard "Oh they're going to run it this time" once more!!

Back to the game - offense looked weak. Wilson was sacked 6 (I think) times, Lynch didnt get that much go forward ball, some of the snaps Wilson was picking up off the floor, never looked a real threat, one TD was Lockett being Lockett and another a sack recovery where the ball could have gone anywhere.

Defense wasnt up to its usual high standard, badly missed Kam, highlighted with the slip that allowed the Rams run in the TD to take the game to OT.

And now the easy matter of Green Bay on the road. A 0-2 start to the season is more likely than not!

Debating to stay up for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Debating to stay up for tonight.

Think the pack need this one more. If we lose at home to one of the nfc contenders it does serious damage to confidence.

Never good to lose at home, though a loss for us tonight and it's three on the spin (including SB49). Starts to drain confidence.
    Neither teams were good last week though GB got the all important W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Never good to lose at home, though a loss for us tonight and it's three on the spin (including SB49). Starts to drain confidence.
    Neither teams were good last week though GB got the all important W.

I've a bad feeling about this one.our rush d was a calamity against the Bears...and they were poor again tonight.

On the other hand we were great in the decider last year......for 55 mins anyway :mad:

Haven't seen the game (recorded for later) but know the result.
    Well done Packers. The only consolation is we came back from 3-3 last year -- we
    now have two home games so hopefully will get some momentum. Leaking a lot of
    points though. The Chancellor situation needs to be sorted quickly too. It has
    echoes of the Harvin garrago destabilising the team last year.

When the fixtures were released a 0-2 start was always a possibility.

2 home games now and time to pull it back.

A solid 15th place in the conference!

Time to go troll some Saints fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lads ye have a thoroughbred in Jimmy Graham, why is the offence not using him?

Our offence generally doesn't do what you think it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Our offence generally doesn't do what you think it should.

Genuinely would of been a lot better for ye if yer coaching staff remembered that ye gave up a pro bowler and a 1st round pick for a te

• Advertisement

Do not seem to know how to play him. Haven't had a player of his kind for ages.

Advertisement