Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

NFL site - Chancellor on the way to Seattle for talks with management.

Seahawks app has informed me that "SS Kam Chancellor reports to Seahawks."

So finally a W on the board.

Positives:
    Not conceding a point although we have to factor in the injuries to the Bears offence.
    Lockett - 105 yard kick off return - franchise record. What a start this rookie is having.
    Graham finally gets thrown the ball and scores a TD. Needs to get the ball more.

Negatives:
    Offence was poor (bit better second half). To only put two field goals on the board in the first half was disappointing.
    Lynch getting another injury. Came in with a calf injury, left with a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Good summary. The second half was reminiscent of the second half of last year, grinding the opposition to a halt. Our offensive line continues to be porous at best.

Fortunately we have another home game against a team in god awful form next week. Try and get the offence up and running. Should be back to 2-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Kam Chancellor is amazing, read every single play last night and directed the whole D around. So glad he's back, 14-2? :D

I'd take another 12-4, as long as Arizona slip!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I'd take another 12-4, as long as Arizona slip!

They will, people seem to forget that they played a terrible Saints Offense and Defence really.

Less said about the 49ers and Bears the better.

They'll get found out like they always do.

Oh my heart. Kam Kam Kam

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Dan Quinn takes the Falcons to 4-0, scoring the second most points so far of any team in the NFL.

I'd say that's pretty much a perfect start!

• Advertisement

Think you found the wrong thread Neil!

Just saw the highlights - that would have been pretty hairy to watch live! Great play by Kam, and we got lucky with that late call. A huge test next which I'm not confident about at all.

Woke up and turned on the tv at 13-3 with 10 mins left on the clock.

Sure I'll watch the relaxing last few mins tick down and head back to bed.... :eek:

It's happening again!

With the same result, FFS. Threw away a good lead there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

I've really got to delete the seahawks app from my phone. Yet another week I've seen the score before I've seen the match :(

And again.....

Damn it...

They're busting my chops right now... How soon before they're out of the running??

Oh not too long now.

We're only one win worse off than this time last year but more importantly, we're not functioning. The defence gives up big plays at important times and the running game so often leads to small gains and a punt. Our two strongest components aren't working; our offense isn't good enough to carry them. Last night was sickening - I don't know if its realism or fatalism but the playoffs seem a long, long way away.

• Advertisement

I can see us giving some team an absolute beating off the back of this poor run.

Hopefully its the 49ers on Thursday night!

Just 14 points up starting 4Q. Say it was nervous. Didn't see the game but 20-3 couldn't have been a poor performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Just watched it their, Yer D was A1 last night. Earl Thomas and Wagner were always around the ball, and Yer whole D line dominated the 49ers for the whole game. Very impressive

If only they'd taken that 3rd & 0 play in the Super Bowl...

Sigh, if only

Much better performance all-round, but has to be taken in the context of the 49ers being poor this year. Russell threw a couple of long interceptions which hopefully won't dampen ideas of going long again. I'm glad they seem to be doing it more this season, and the TD by Lockett was a cracker.

4-4 with another convincing win......

Also hope Lockett is ok. Don't like to see that on a football field.

Have the game highlights recorded to watch later but I know the result. That's us goosed for the season, I think. Three wins behind the Cards and not looking too hot for a Wildcard. It's a pity -- if we'd won last night we had a run of winnable games after until Cards away on the last weekend. Defence has been patchy and offense has been consistently anaemic.

• Advertisement

I think they started the season cocky. Two superbowls in a row & the favourites for a third. Went to their heads.

Their playing (with a couple of notable exceptions) was woeful this season.

Advertisement