Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

That was pleasing to watch - I've just watched the replay. The O line seemed a little better but we've had false dawns before. I particularly liked how Carroll trusted Baldwin's judgement enough to throw the red flag on the incompletion call in the 4th quarter.

O Line was good for the rush, but still very poor with passing. Wilson seemed to play every snap quickly though. If Rawls can keep up what he's doing then the Falcons D might be in trouble. Think Marcel Reece is doing a fantastic job too since joining.

If Packers or Giants beat the Cowboys and Seattle beat Atlanta next week then NFC game would be in Centurylink, just saying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

One game at a time!

O-line punched holes well but the Lions really weren't a good team. Don't think they got inside our 30 yard line at any point in the game and were left with 2 50+ yard field goals.

Now Atlanta! Underdogs and rightly so (PP has us at 4 points down)

Pass rush needs to be putting Ryan under pressure or else they'll rack up the points, presume Sherman will stick to Jones again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

TheDoctor wrote: »

Now Atlanta! Underdogs and rightly so (PP has us at 4 points down)

Pass rush needs to be putting Ryan under pressure or else they'll rack up the points, presume Sherman will stick to Jones again.

Not optimistic about tomorrow. Will need to be successful running the ball as it keeps ryan off the field. If the falcons get equal time of possession I don't see us winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Not confident at all about the game.

My first season following NFL was 2012 and my first playoff heartbreak was against the Falcons when they kicked that field goal with about 30 seconds left to eliminate the Seahawks after we had come back from 20-0 down.

Probably only second worst NFL moment to SB49 at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I appear to have successfully fended off a trip to the mothers this weekend ("my God, look at the snow... cleared by Saturday? Nah, you can't trust them ones on the telly...) where I'd have had to watch the game on the SkyGo app on her iffy Wi-Fi. I'm not in any way confident either but remember we beat the Patriots and that didn't look likely either.

Prosise definitely out so we're relying heavily on Rawls. Best of luck, gentlemen -- see you on the other side hopefully with a Championship game to look forward to!

Love that sick feeling in the stomach.

Only get it for playoff games!

Was very confident last week, not a bit so tonight. Atlanta just have too many weapons to hurt us. Have a feeling the absence of Earl Thomas will hurt bad tonight

Beef up that o line and try again next year.

Not much change in personnel in relation to free agency in this off season.

• Advertisement

Beef up that o line and try again next year.

Not much change in personnel in relation to free agency in this off season.

Read somewhere that the o-line draft class is not great this year. But i dont think we can blame tonight on o line. Defense couldn't cope with Atlanta, but missing Thomas and losing lane and shead it was always going to be tough

Honestly haven't read much about this draft class yet but no doubt will see plenty once the SB is done.

Can see us looking at another CB too depending on what Shead does on his contract.

Himself, Willson and Haushka are the biggest FAs we have this season.

We were beaten by the better team so not many complaints, but we had chances in the first half and that penalty for the punt return really hurt. I also can't get over running the lock down in the first half with 40 seconds and three timeouts left.
    As for next year, we need better luck with injuries (Thomas, Lockett, Rawls) and to fix the festering sore in front of Wilson. On Wilson, I thought he'd got a humongous contract after the SB win. Was it just for three years?

Mean Luke Willson, QB Wilson has 3 years left.

Ah, I missed the critical extra L

Well last night may have helped reduce the "should have run the ball" comments.

What a collapse!

At least when we blew SB 49 - we already had a Lombardi in the trophy case.

Be tough for Atlanta to bounce back after that.

I really feel for Falcons fans. It was a different type of loss than ours but still very hurtful. I suspect Atlanta will go the way of the Panthers after their unexpected SB loss.

Ya its awfully tough for the falcons, losing a Superbowl they know they should have won.

Now for the long off season, it's this time of the year I wish they would do more bye weeks and lengthen the season by a couple of weeks.

After signing Blair Walsh apparently, that's his payback for missing that field goal I suppose:P:P

Does that mean Hauschka is off? He wasn't as reliable this season, but a lot of that wasn't his fault, with dodgy snaps and lack of protection

• Advertisement

Hauschka is a FA so possible.
    Luke Willson also not apparently happy with Seattles first offer.

Those two would be our biggest free agents this year.

In regards to Blair - he did win us a playoff game before!

Two additional third round picks awarded.

Plugs the gap in round 4/5 for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

Two additional third round picks awarded.

Plugs the gap in round 4/5 for us.
    Seahawks need veterans though. Getting a proven player thru trade or free agency will cost a lot more money than drafting one and molding them the way u would like.

Jamaal Charles going to visit Seattle in next few days apparently. Wouldn't be keen on giving much guaranteed money to a guy coming off major injuries like he has

There's a big dropoff in quality after Rawls so he could do a job. But yes, injury concerns are huge and you couldn't put yourself in the position of having to rely on him.

Hadn't heard this story - off to google.

Be a bit of a surprise - JS said at the Combine that Rawls and Prosise would be the starting RBs this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Think I'd prefer to take a risk on AP than Charles. Being realistic though, no Running back is going to improve us, it's our OL that needs the work.

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Think I'd prefer to take a risk on AP than Charles. Being realistic though, no Running back is going to improve us, it's our OL that needs the work.

To be honest if it was either or I'd say Charles would be the better fit as a third down option as Prosise had his injury problems last year. Don't see Peterson as an option for us, unless its a very cheap contract. His numbers last year were awful and he is not renowned as a blocker so with the o-line the way it is thats a recipe for disaster. Anyway running back is not a position that would be top of the list of priorities

• Advertisement

Ah day 1 of the season, always fun

Advertisement