Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Wouldn't be massively surprised with Kearse - stacked in the WR spot.

Lacy would be considering how we go through RBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was looking forward to Lacy. That would be a pity if he doesn't make the grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Wouldn't be massively surprised with Kearse - stacked in the WR spot.

Lacy would be considering how we go through RBs.
    I was looking forward to Lacy. That would be a pity if he doesn't make the grade.

I would think both are still likely to make the roster but who knows. Will the fact that Richardson and Lockett have had injury trouble save Kearse a spot? Might prefer a more known quantity to go alongside Baldwin incase either of them go down injured again.

Kearse, Lane and Collins apparently available to trade.

Hardly surprising considering the number of bodies at both the positions.

Schneider looking for some mid-round picks potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Any ideas how lockett will do? I expected a break out last year. Leg break was awful. Obviously behind Baldwin but will he be behind or ahead of Richardson? I've drafted him to my fantasy team as a late punt, hoping it happens for him this year.

• Advertisement

Can see him being eased in over the first few weeks at WR role considering his terrible injury last year. Should be starting kick/punt returns week 1 though.

We've somehow ended up comfortably stacked at WR, Baldwin is easily our WR1 but after that can see snaps being moved around between Williams, Richardson, Lockett etc plus Graham at TE also a receiving threat its tough to call how much action he'll get.

Kearse, Lane and Collins apparently available to trade.

Hardly surprising considering the number of bodies at both the positions.

Schneider looking for some mid-round picks potentially.

I never trusted Lane for some reason. Could have been my imagination but he frequently seemed beaten by WRs.

Only really recall one play of his.

Picking off Brady in SB49 and ending up with a broken arm and doing his ACL on the same play.

Need to cut from 90 to 53 over the weekend, sure to be some interesting moves.

Kearse being traded to jets apparently

Also just to mention ourselves @ Green Bay is one of the live games on Sky Sports next weekend

• Advertisement

coco0981 wrote: »
    Kearse being traded to jets apparently

Hadn't heard that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

For Sheldon Richardson. He comes with a chunky cap hit and some attitude

Just saw it pop up on phone.

We had approx 8 million cap space according to spotrac and OTT.

A second trade

Cuts starting, Collins gone

Cuts starting, Collins gone

No real surprise there, Lacy, Rawls, Prosise and Carson the 4 kept I presume

Roster as currently stands

QB - Russell Wilson, Austin Davis

RB - Eddie Lacy, Thomas Rawls, C.J. Prosise, Chris Carson

FB - Tre Madden

WR - Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson, Tyler Lockett, Amara Darboh, Tanner McEvoy, J.D. McKissic

TE - Jimmy Graham, Luke Willson, Nick Vannett

OL - Rees Odhiambo, Luke Joeckel, Justin Britt, Mark Glowinski, Germain Ifedi, Ethan Pocic, Oday Aboushi, Matt Tobin, Isaiah Battle, Jordan Roos

DL - Michael Bennett, Frank Clark, Cliff Avril, Sheldon Richardson, Jarran Reed, David Bass, Nazair Jones

LB - Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Michael Wilhoite, Marcus Smith, Terence Garvin, D.J. Alexander, Dewey McDonald

CB - Richard Sherman, Shaquill Griffin, Neiko Thorpe Jeremy Lane, Justin Coleman

S - Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Bradley McDougald, Tedric Thompson, Delano Hill

ST - Blair Walsh, Jon Ryan, Tyler Ott

PUP - DeShawn Shead

IR - George Fant, DeAndre Elliott, Marcus Cromartie

NFI - Dion Jordan, Malik McDowell

New season, same old problems. O-line got absolutely destroyed. If that keeps up its only a matter of time before Wilson is injured again

Offensively hopeless, up there with Tampa Bay and the Cardinals last year.

Defence outstanding, including having a TD harshly ruled out (still haven't seen that punch).

Fortunately have a perfect game to bounce back next weekend, at home to the 49ers. (next two at home are 49ers and Colts who were both terrible this weekend on both sides of the ball).

Also Lacy wont work in that team.

Need a RB with a quick side step to run around the defence (Rawls and Carson look the best bet) breaking through the line, smashing up the middle wont work.

• Advertisement

We certainly don't look like SB contenders based on that performance. I suppose the OL can only get better. Defense were heroic as always.

Nearly happier when the defence is on the field. Immense the whole game.

Only two TDs given up were when they had to defend about 7 yards after Wilson had the ball stripped in the red zone and when Rodgers had the free shot down the field when he caught 12 on the field.

I had us at 11-5 with an L week 1 so I'll be optimistic and stick with it. Potentially our hardest game on this years regular season schedule.

Home to the 49ers 9.30pm next week - potentially perfect bounce pack game, they looked v.poor last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nearly happier when the defence is on the field.
    Well judging by last night you'll never be waiting too long

49 snaps on offence
    82 on defence :D

Re-Watched the 49ers game last night. O-line did better than against the Packers (which wouldn't be hard) but Wilson was still under pressure a lot. Read option was used more than in last 3 or 4 years. Lots of play action and bootlegs as well.

Wilson's being injury free is key to the offense, he'll be scrambling a lot again this season. But have to say he was careless with the ball on occasions

Chris Carson got the bulk of the carries and in the 4th quarter looked impressive when they were running the clock, gained some key 1st downs. For now Lacy looks like a waste of 5m that could have been used in the O-line, he wasn't even dressed on sunday

Defense is going to have to carry the load again this year!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads what are you thoughts on the game Vs the Titans this week?

coco0981 wrote: »
    Re-Watched the 49ers game last night. O-line did better than against the Packers (which wouldn't be hard) but Wilson was still under pressure a lot. Read option was used more than in last 3 or 4 years. Lots of play action and bootlegs as well.

Wilson's being injury free is key to the offense, he'll be scrambling a lot again this season. But have to say he was careless with the ball on occasions

Chris Carson got the bulk of the carries and in the 4th quarter looked impressive when they were running the clock, gained some key 1st downs. For now Lacy looks like a waste of 5m that could have been used in the O-line, he wasn't even dressed on sunday

Defense is going to have to carry the load again this year!!

Good analysis, I've only watched both games this season once so I'll just go on what I saw first time round.

Really didn't see any improvement from the o-line, cant understand how Wilson has always seems to have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball or he's in trouble.

On Wilson, he is going to have to scramble but he seems less eager to do than we was in his first years in the league. His deep balls seem off to, over throwing them a lot these days.

I know it was raining but we dropped some easy catches - was very frustrating.

Said after week 1 - Lacy wont work behind that line, needs an RB with a quick step to get around the defenders coming through, cant smash up the gap. Carson did get some joy at the end but I think the 49ers defence was pretty gassed at that point.

Lads what are you thoughts on the game Vs the Titans this week?

Week 1 HT Seahawks 3-0 Packers
    Week 2 HT 49ers 6-6 Seahawks

I'd love a first half TD! Can see this being another ugly low scoring game, cant say I've seen anything of the Titans bar Red Zone highlights.

Not confident in our o, so I've gone for the Titans in the predictor :(

Week 1 HT Seahawks 3-0 Packers
    Week 2 HT 49ers 6-6 Seahawks

I'd love a first half TD! Can see this being another ugly low scoring game, cant say I've seen anything of the Titans bar Red Zone highlights.

Not confident in our o, so I've gone for the Titans in the predictor :(

tbh Titans have been slow starting aswell, really just trying to grind teams down and be methodical moving the ball, so i could see this game being a 21-14 or even lower

• Advertisement

tbh Titans have been slow starting aswell, really just trying to grind teams down and be methodical moving the ball, so i could see this game being a 21-14 or even lower

Reckon both teams will run the ball a lot, Seahawks O-line is better at run blocking than pass protection but still not good. How have Orakpo, Morgan and Casey being playing? Our O-line made Mike Daniels look like Von Miller in first game

Advertisement