Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

So close there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Haven't lost a game I've been at yet!

That last TD wasn't clear on the screens here but we'll take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Haven't lost a game I've been at yet!

That last TD wasn't clear on the screens here but we'll take it

Wasn't clear on TV either but both seemed to have the ball and offense get preference then

Wasn't clear on TV either but both seemed to have the ball and offense get preference then

Ya in fairness Richardson seemed to have it first

So just home after a great week.

A particular highlight was Saturday afternoon. Headed up to a pub in upper Manhattan that I had read was the main Seahawks bar in the city.

After lets call it a busy Friday night I was the only one of our crowd up at this hour but decided to head up anyway.

Got there and only about 15 people in the bar, all along the bar. Walked down and got a stool by the end of the bar and got a pint.

About 15 mins into my pint, the guy who apparently started the bar as a Seahawks bar approx. 10 years earlier arrives in and the bar man asks him to come behind the bar, "anyone look familiar?" he says.

At this point I look down the bar and who is sitting just two seats from me, but John Schneider.

So after around a two hour chat the involves everything from the current roster, Marshawns suspension mid week, that interception, always trading down in the draft etc I had to head off.

Great afternoon though, met three Aussies lads who had taken 6 months off to go to every Seahawks game this season!!! and got a photo with the large flag they have on the wall of the bar signed by everyone in the bar the night of the SB win (barmen said they had approx. 80,000 come through the bar from Thurs- Mon night that week!!).

JS also mentioned that they are obliged under some agreement that they will have to play an international game in the next 3 seasons (London/Mexico) so might only have a small trip coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

I’d be so up for a London game but I can’t see them traveling that distance. I think they’ll probably do Mexico and stay within their own time zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

OU812 wrote: »
    I’d be so up for a London game but I can’t see them traveling that distance. I think they’ll probably do Mexico and stay within their own time zone
    The game last week was two West Coast (time zone) teams and there were a lot of comments about it beign too far

Well done Doc. Sounds like a great trip. I don't think they'd come to London either, so I'm quite keen to get to a west coast game in the next three years.

Much muttering of getting rid of Graham, probably at the end of the season. Up until last week I'd say it was the management's fault for not getting the best out of him, but it now seems he's part of the problem too.

Well done Doc. Sounds like a great trip. I don't think they'd come to London either, so I'm quite keen to get to a west coast game in the next three years.
    Probably goes without saying, but for any Seahawks fan a trip to Seattle is a must. Seeing Seahawks play in London is nothing like being at a game in Seattle.

The atmosphere obviously is famous, but beyond that the stadium is located right downtown, one of the best lcoations of NFL stadiums. There's loads of great bars right across the street. The city itself then is a fantastic signseeing trip, be it for the historic aspects, the nature trails, skiing nearby. Really cannot reccomend it highly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Paleface

Great game!!

Not sure if they deserved to win it. Watson is a baller!

SEA!!

• Advertisement

Well it’s hopping there right now.

What a ball game.

Need a drink now

Well that was fun
    Can't say I would have predicted us to win a shootout, Richardson really showed up tonight. But something has to change about the run game, it's a total drag on the offense at the moment

coco0981 wrote: »
    Well that was fun
    Can't say I would have predicted us to win a shootout, Richardson really showed up tonight. But something has to change about the run game, it's a total drag on the offense at the moment

Totally agree! Losing Carson was a bigger blow than most would have thought. Will be be back for the playoffs??

Rawls will be moved on during the off season I reckon. No idea what’s happened to him. Lacy was always a gamble so no sleep lost there

Paleface wrote: »
    Totally agree! Losing Carson was a bigger blow than most would have thought. Will be be back for the playoffs??

Rawls will be moved on during the off season I reckon. No idea what’s happened to him. Lacy was always a gamble so no sleep lost there

I'd give Rawls a while yet, up to this year he was always productive just couldn't stay healthy. But Lacy is deadweight, just taking up a roster spot

coco0981 wrote: »
    I'd give Rawls a while yet, up to this year he was always productive just couldn't stay healthy. But Lacy is deadweight, just taking up a roster spot

I think his head is gone and the coaches know it. He was benched when perfectly fit earlier in the season and everyone else was also fit. I’d wager if Carson had stayed healthy we wouldn’t be seeing much of him until he’d turned a corner!

Great game, but Legion of Boom is dead

So we've got our Pro Bowl left tackle and shipped out Jeremy Lane.

Not sure how the math works with the cap as we only has approx. $2 mill left

EDIT: Didn't realise Lane was actually on that much!!

Good move I think considering Lane has been poor the last while. Griffin has been much better than him and Shead should return soon enough

What a mixed back for the first half of the season. 5-3 at the half.

10-6 probably wont be good enough to win the division this year looking at the Rams schedule.

On Thurs night this week - off Friday too so may stay up to watch.

Though this game last year was the 6-6 game!!!

• Advertisement

Wouldn't surprised at 6-6 again (and that's with us getting five field goal attempts!)

First coffee in.

If we aren’t 6-3 for the season tomorrow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The running game has been atrocious this season and imo its the difference between being superbowl contenders and also rans for you guys.

Agreed, needs to get going. See if there’s any improvement tonight

Right let’s do this

It’s 11 days but we’ll be doing well to get a team on the field!

I have it recorded for later but it sounds like a typically ugly win. Sherman looks to be out for the season but hopefully the rest will be fit next week.

If you think youre a calm individual, watch the full Cardinals drive for their first TD (and the field goal too) you may struggle not to lose it

I saw your comments in the weekly thread and am very glad I won't be watchin it live.

• Advertisement

On the plus side we used for Graham for what he's best at - outmuscling opponents in the endzone for 50/50 balls.

Advertisement