Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Still alive, somehow, and with a decent chance of getting a wildcard. Losing the last game would be typical of this season though.

After the ignominy of season's end, some good news...

Seahawks @ Raiders 14th Oct in London. Who's on for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

After the ignominy of season's end, some good news...

Seahawks @ Raiders 14th Oct in London. Who's on for it?

Yeah - was looking at the @ Chicago Bears game as a potential one for next season (if its early in the season and not freezing in December!), this would be a nice short weekend trip too though. Definitely on.

If you look at my post from back in Oct when I ran into JS in the bar he did say he expected to play in London in the next three seasons so it came in year 1.

Ah yes, remember that now. Fingers crossed now for what will probably be a lottery with low chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Reckon tickets will be fairly scarce, lot of raiders fans around

• Advertisement

I've registered me interest with Ticketmaster UK. I wonder if they would be available through any other outlets

Seahawks website says no. But it did cheer me a little with the news that Bevell and Cable have gone, so hopefully we'll have some offense in London, and Russell won't miss out with a dozen concussions by that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Really buzzing about them coming over, but reckon tickets will be extremely hard to get if at all.

The new Tottenham stadium will have a capacity of 61,500 & there are concerns it may not be ready on time - Twickenham is reportedly on standby - Extra 22,000 if it does switch.

Wembley has the capacity for 90,000. I don't understand why they're not having it there, given how popular both teams are.

Also, London city is the best airport for Tottenham, but if they pull a switcharoo to Twickenham, you need to be going to Heathrow.

Just registered my interest there too.

As mentioned above shame it’s the game in Spurs new stadium 61k capacity when the other two are in the 90k Wembley Stadium

Be listening to Reynolds all weekend waiting for him to give out info!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale? Thought it was today.

There was going to be news today AFAIK, not actual tickets. Haven't heard that news though.

Tickets for the Seahawks game on sale around the draft in April - about half way down the page

http://www.nfluk.com/news/internationalseries/article-1/2018-NFL-London-Games-ticket-details/80348ca8-07c3-45f8-b6e5-23215a598e2a

Its going to be a 6pm kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnnyscotsman

I'm told Spurs season tickets and NFL fans get first chance at tix and the feel is there will onlly be 5-10000 general sale tix, if any. Have seen them a couple of times in the States but was really looking forward to heading over. And 6pm kick off.... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can't believe, given he pretty much carries the team, that his contract allows this.

I suppose as a non-contact sport he's no more likely to get injured than in a vigourous workout. Anyway, he didn't hit a ball so hopefully gets dropped pronto.

Bennett and 7th rounder to Eagles for a 5th rounder and another player.

And Sherman says he's not expecting to be back.

Graham looks likely to be gone too.

Likely to extend Thomas so.

Kam/Cliff still up in the air.

Lots happening at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yup, the Legion of Boom is being disbanded.

• Advertisement

Sherman being released today apparently

Thank you Sherman.

The tip against the 49ers in the 2013 NFC Champ game one of my fav sporting moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Would Sherman be the most iconic player of this generation of the Seahawks that is beginning to come to a close? Wilson being the QB is of course 'the guy' and Lynch would be but was only around for a bit of it. There were so many big personalities and 'splash play' guys on the field that it's a tough call, I'd definitely consider Thomas to be a better DB and maybe Chancellor too... but when I've thought of the Seahawks for the last 6-7 years it's always been Sherman that has jumped to my mind first.

It's still hard not to love this.

Sherman leaving has certainly made me sadder than Lynch or any other recent departures. I know he has the injuries, age and a lot of cap space against him, but I can't help feelin he'll give two good years to some other team. We've struggled to bring in quality recently and I'm a little apprehensive about the future.

Sherman leaving has certainly made me sadder than Lynch or any other recent departures. I know he has the injuries, age and a lot of cap space against him, but I can't help feelin he'll give two good years to some other team. We've struggled to bring in quality recently and I'm a little apprehensive about the future.

You're spot on but the salary kills the team. Interesting that his new deal with 49ers is heavy on performance incentives. Can't help but think it's gonna be a few bleak years, our record in the draft is poor recently. Oh well. I was there when they were crap,I'll still be there when they're great again!

Bennet is after being traded to the eagles. It’s like a whole new team coming in.

Feels like 09/10 again.

Looks like London tickets for our game won't be on general sale until August. It'd be easier to arrange a trip to Seattle.

• Advertisement

Looks like London tickets for our game won't be on general sale until August. It'd be easier to arrange a trip to Seattle.

...with the associated high flight/hotel costs as it gets closer to date, even if you get a ticket. Actually, going to look into the US game angle when the schedule gets released later today. Plenty away teams where tix are reasonably easy to come by. Difficult for the CLink though!

Advertisement