Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

...with the associated high flight/hotel costs as it gets closer to date, even if you get a ticket. Actually, going to look into the US game angle when the schedule gets released later today. Plenty away teams where tix are reasonably easy to come by. Difficult for the CLink though!
    AL starting direct flights to Seattle this year too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Schedule released, new season just got a step closer!

Looks like London tickets for our game won't be on general sale until August. It'd be easier to arrange a trip to Seattle.

Where did you see this? I remember back when it was first announced they said tickets would be released around the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Where did you see this? I remember back when it was first announced they said tickets would be released around the draft

A mail from NFL-UK
    Seattle Seahawks v Oakland Raiders at Tottenham Hotspur, October 14

We know that many of you are waiting for us to announce the on-sale dates for Seattle Seahawks vs Oakland Raiders at the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium. Due to the stadium being under construction, we do not yet have a full, finalized seating plan for NFL games. For example, US broadcasters of NFL games require considerably more camera positions than for a soccer game (minimum of 27) and they need the opportunity to survey the stadium. To ensure that we deliver the best possible fan experience – and to avoid selling seats that we later discover will have an obstructed view - we cannot go on sale until this seating plan has been finalized. We expect to begin hospitality ticket sales in June, with all other tickets likely to follow in early August.

Might just look at the @ Chicago game week 2 so. The London one still seems a bit all over the place.

• Advertisement

Any Seahawks fans staying up to see us trade out if round 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Well that was a surprise, both not trading back again to start of 2nd round and then the actual pick

Shaquem Griffen drafted by the seahawks to be reunited with his twin brother Shaquiel. Great story, he had a hand amputeed at age 4.

Chances of getting tickets to the London game just increased with the venue move!

Going to our game @Bears in week 2 so might get two games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Four in a row. At least we’re consistent.

• Advertisement

Very - oh well onto Denver!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Expectations sufficiently dampened

Tickets on sale tomorrow. Who’s hopeful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I've got a small double on you guys and the Cowboys to win your division. It's a long shot but the odds were great and Wilson knows how to pull a W out of his arse when needed, so don't let me down!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Billy86 wrote: »
    I've got a small double on you guys and the Cowboys to win your division. It's a long shot but the odds were great and Wilson knows how to pull a W out of his arse when needed, so don't let me down!

That's very brave of you!

Re tomorrow, stuff at home means I can't justify the time away now, but good luck to you all who give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That's very brave of you!

Re tomorrow, stuff at home means I can't justify the time away now, but good luck to you all who give it a go.
    Well I said it about the Jags and Rams last year (and forgot to put that bet on... 702/1 odds!!) so you never know! :D

The way I figure it the Rams could be an unstoppable behemoth and go on to win 13-14 games, in which case you're screwed. On the other hand, they have a lot of combustibility and could absolutely implode on themselves if things go bad like the Eagles "Dream Team" a few years ago - I don't really see them finishing anywhere in between. The 49ers could also continue their tear from last year, or could come back down to earth and I expect them to be more of an 8-10 win team until they fill some of their other big holes (I really think they're the best mutual fit for Leveon Bell though if he is traded, which would probably put them over the top). I know there is a lot against the Seahawks this year, but guys like Chancellor and Wagner can still make big things happen and Wilson is a top 3-5 QB in the dying minutes of the game (probably top 4 overall) for me, not a fan of his off the pitch but he's phenomenal on it. I don't see you guys getting 12+ wins, but you could well sneak a 9-10 game division win with everyone else taking points from each others. Cardinals shouldn't do much, but could play spoiler on any of the other three quite easily.

As for the Cowboys, they're only two years removed from going 13-3 and play in a division that you can almost predict to be the most unpredictable on any given year. An unexpected surprise or two at WR/TE and they could rumble up quite a lot of wins, though they could also quite easily only get 6 or 7 on the season.

Doubt it will come off, but it gives me two teams in other divisions to route for at least! €25 on, €675 back if it comes off, so 26/1 odds.

Be on trying to get tickets tomorrow morning

Tickets secured - can see us beaten twice in person now this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I was on at 10am and didn't get any, website seemed to be crashing and now its saying not available.

Didn't get any myself. Disappointed.

• Advertisement

That O-line is very bad.

Wilson isn't helping by holding onto the ball longer than you'd hope.

I’m not used to losing this many in a row. What’s going on??? How king can I suffer the taunts of my patriots loving cousin???

Well that wasn’t the prettiest game to go to.....

Only positive was the defense was much improved even with the missing first teamers, going to be a long season!

Think 8 wins is best case scenario at this stage even though the schedule isn't overly tough. Roster isnt deep enough to afford to be without Baldwin, Wagner and KJ. O-Line is terrible (as usual) but Wilson looks off to me, seemed very skittish against Broncos and wasn't great last night either. Lack of pass rush is killing us too

Any guesses on how much we’ll lose by tonight?

Be low scoring like 17-10 or something.

Dallas haven’t been lighting it up on offense either

1-2 for the season!!!!

Woooo!!!

That was a pleasant surprise. Hope I didn’t just give myself a superstition.

Good win, lockett and O-line did well. And d line managed to get a lot of pressure on Prescott

• Advertisement

Not to get too far ahead but it’s Arizona next week and they look dodgy to be honest.

If we get to 2-2 season doesn’t look so bad all of a sudden!

Advertisement